THe AUNTIE STARE

lil_princess

hey!

im just curious... have u ever been confonted by the "auntie stare"? :shock: Once i was with a group of friends in the mall, then this auntie just started to stare at me as if i was violating some sort of rule, it creeped me outtttttttttt!! Then the other time i was at the movies some other auntie stared at me for no reason at all, then she comes up to me and says i know your mother, im like good for you! It seems as if the older generation hates it when we hang out with a group of friends and peers. It is not as if we broke a cultural taboo!!! Anyways this has been bugging me ever since i was seen in public with friends. Once i remember i wore a punjabi suit to the mall, just because i was too lazy to change my clothes after gurdwara, and i went with my friend, omg you should of seen the stares..... lol well anyways please share your "auntie stare" stories, i know they must bug you, BECAUSE THEY BUG ME SO MUCH!!! its kinda scary when they STARE :shock:

keep on smiling :D

Guest Javanmard

just a bunge of frustrated housewives who can't take it when other people have fun, you also have men of all ages who do that as well. These people think that either SIkhi and fun are incompatible or that because they could not have any fun in life others can't either.

you know what: I shit on those monkeys :evil: :evil: :evil:

very rarely do i get older aunty / uncle giving dirty looks.. most of the time they will end up talkin to me lol

"sat sri akal putt.. tu teek aah?"

"kee karda aah tu? parda aah?"

"viah nahi hoya hulley putt?" :shock:

LOL! :P pretty funny tho

I get that a lot too, I just look as dazed and confused as possible, the secret is to pretend you have some kind of attention disorder, or pretend someone is shining a torch in your face, it freaks all my 'Aunties' out, they get scared because they think I will start having a fit and look away :LOL:

PS. Steel Bhaji, you should try this too, because they won't bother asking whether you got married, they think loony people shouldn't be allowed you see! Problem solved :wink:

Guest kaur1699

I get that a lot too, I just look as dazed and confused as possible, the secret is to pretend you have some kind of attention disorder, or pretend someone is shining a torch in your face, it freaks all my 'Aunties' out, they get scared because they think I will start having a fit and look away :LOL:

PS. Steel Bhaji, you should try this too, because they won't bother asking whether you got married, they think loony people shouldn't be allowed you see! Problem solved :wink:

Fateh Ji,

Phenj, thats just classic that is.. :LOL:

it's mostly girls who get that look, don't you know: girls are not supposed to have fun! What pindoos!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

lol ya right.....

lol @ fun...my dad and fun are totally two different ends of spectrum...lol not that he is like that...but ..that sort of "fun" in da public...lol might as well find a place in the graveyard:p

seeing that every1 is agreeing, im gonna be a typical singh and disagree.

have you ever thought why they stare. Old Age. As you get older your eye sight goes, they stare at you cos it takes time for them to register who you are. These bechara aunties, they cant help it, its the aging process.

Lets all have a mintue silence for them.

:shock: can a moderater stick a chunni on this face on the left. We could call it the auntie stare.

lol i don' t think aunties are that old...... but u neva knowwwww i guess! lol mind u i have noticed my mom talk about "those girls" over there before in my presence, its kinda funny when u listen to parents talk about ur friends... ever notice how ur parents always say look at that good little boy/girl there, when u know that he/she is a total player and does a lot of "bad" stuff!

lol anywayzzzzzzzzzz never judge a book by its cover !

keep on smiling :D

• 3 weeks later...

have you ever thought why they stare. Old Age. As you get older your eye sight goes, they stare at you cos it takes time for them to register who you are. These bechara aunties, they cant help it, its the aging process.

Lets all have a mintue silence for them.

:shock: can a moderater stick a chunni on this face on the left. We could call it the auntie stare.

AHAHAHHAHAHAHHA man datz wack haha :LOL: Mugermuch Singh you got da baddest jokez lol