Caste system sucks!

um..i think some people are missing the point. In Sikhism there is no caste system, so if your sikh, then you are a singh..its as simple as that. I know this is not the reality, but in my book it is, i don't care if you label your self jatt or whatever, if your sikh, then that's all i hear...and i think that is how it is supposed to be. So just drop the damn caste system..

This is a general message aimed at every sikh.

GurFateh To all

I personally would never ever hurt my parents. There Love is my love and My love is there love. If they say no then just accept it and say "Ok dadiji" but don't hurt his feelings. If you hurt him, then think what he will go through....... The hurt inside will never heal for him. As you have explained that he is very proud of you would hurt him more knowing that you have no respect for him. So put something on the table , if it's eatable for him then it's fine, if not it's just gone bad and sour. Accept his answer and agree to what he as to say.

Waheguru.

Bhull Juk Maff

Its a known and proven fact, those who wish to believe in caste will continue to do so regardless of any scriptural or historical evidence presented to them. Those who belive in the caste system are inherently pig-headed and arrogant (by the very fact that they wish to believe in a system that categorises people according to their birth and not by action or virtue).

Ironically some who claim not to believe in caste for the sake of political correctness will bring up caste when it comes to marrying off their kids of getting married themselves.

Let these people be....who really cares what such people think or believe? If you know better then move on and develop yourselves.

If Akali Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj used the "I dont wanna hurt my parents..bla bla bla" or "I dont believe in caste BUT...bla bla bla" excuses with regards to caste, then I doubt he would have broken free of the shackles of Brahminism.

grow up people...

Yeah I agree..thats like the westernized as you can get..

Leave your parents, and go off..

Yeh ..well what happened to the folks who raised you freaken some t wenty years..

I whole-heartedly agree with Narsingha in regards to those who believe in caste will continue to believe in caste..No matter what !