Believing in God.....................

Why is it that when you believe so much in God,you get hurt. When something good happens,we thank and pray to God,basically,we remember him then. But when something bad happens,we turn our backs on him,stop believing in him,just give up. Its sad,but its what really happens,not just to me,I know I'm not the only one who does this. So if we know its not good,why do we do it? I feel guilty but I don't do anything about it. It amazes me how at one point in my life I was so religious and suddenly something happens and I've gone quite the opposite. I've been saying to myself I should get back to doing Japji Sahib paath for awhile now but I just think well God knows when I'm thinking about him anyways and what's the use even. Sounds harsh doesn't it? I see some people doing paath,and it looks so fake,they do paath but their mind is focused else where so that just puts me off as well. Other people I seen do so much paath and their life goes completely upside down. I find it funny how that works out. I know there is a God,at least for me,and I know what's right and wrong. I don't really have a point here but I had that on my mind for awhile. I guess if your not going to believe in God,who else or what else can you believe in right but at the same time believing in God,you pray so much and your so loyal and then you get hurt,you think why did this happen to me,what did I do.

My apologises to anyone who might be against what I've written,don't get defensive or anything,I'm just writing my thoughts. I do believe in God,but just curious as to why we do the things we do,in this case,get angry at God when things don't go our way. Anyone else who does this?

i know wat u mean but its something we all have to go thru... if a bad thing happens to us and our faith is broken its really a test - if our faith is broken over a small thing then it shows us how weak we are

some people live their lives easy and they never pray - u get some people who spend all their time praying are amritdhari and keep their rehat to a T... but they are diagnosed with diabetes or cancer or watever...

everyone has to cope thru the hard times that are prescribed to them due to our past actions... thru hard and good times we should always stay attached at the feet of waheguru - dont let it break ur faith :D

Why is it that when you believe so much in God,you get hurt. When something good happens,we thank and pray to God,basically,we remember him then. But when something bad happens,we turn our backs on him,stop believing in him,just give up. Its sad,but its what really happens,not just to me,I know I'm not the only one who does this. So if we know its not good,why do we do it? I feel guilty but I don't do anything about it. It amazes me how at one point in my life I was so religious and suddenly something happens and I've gone quite the opposite. I've been saying to myself I should get back to doing Japji Sahib paath for awhile now but I just think well God knows when I'm thinking about him anyways and what's the use even. Sounds harsh doesn't it? I see some people doing paath,and it looks so fake,they do paath but their mind is focused else where so that just puts me off as well. Other people I seen do so much paath and their life goes completely upside down. I find it funny how that works out. I know there is a God,at least for me,and I know what's right and wrong. I don't really have a point here but I had that on my mind for awhile. I guess if your not going to believe in God,who else or what else can you believe in right but at the same time believing in God,you pray so much and your so loyal and then you get hurt,you think why did this happen to me,what did I do.

My apologises to anyone who might be against what I've written,don't get defensive or anything,I'm just writing my thoughts. I do believe in God,but just curious as to why we do the things we do,in this case,get angry at God when things don't go our way. Anyone else who does this?

wow.. how genuine and true!! at this point i can/should only say this much!!

VahiGurooo Ji ka khalsa Vahigurooo Ji Ki Fateh!!!

basically gina....everything in this world that happens to you is through your actions in this life and your previous lives...

ill give a few lines of a shabad to give you more of an understanding...

a(n)th kaal jo lashhamee simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||

At the very last moment, one who thinks of wealth, and dies in such thoughts,

sarap jon val val aoutharai ||1||

shall be reincarnated over and over again, in the form of serpents. ||1||

aree baaee gobidh naam math beesarai || rehaao ||

O sister, do not forget the Name of the Lord of the Universe. ||Pause||

a(n)th kaal jo eisathree simarai aisee chi(n)thaa mehi jae marai ||

At the very last moment, he who thinks of women, and dies in such thoughts,

baesavaa jon val val aoutharai ||2||

shall be reincarnated over and over again as a prostitute.

Guru Arjun Dev Ji Maharaaj wrote the shabad tera keea meetha laageh....

which means your actions seem so sweet to me...its submitting yourself to the will of God....

Guru Arjun Dev Ji Maharaj could have changed the whole world in an instant if he wanted...but he didnt...he accepted the will of god.

When Guru Ji attained Shaheedi and went back to sachkhand, he could have chosen not to go...but he lived according to what he preached...as did all our Guru Sahibans..

So when something bad happens(i know this is easier said than God), remember it as being the Waheguru's Hukum...it was our fault in our previous lives...and we now suffer for it...

but you can change this! The power of Naam is so great that it can wash all your pichley paap. Guru Ji blessed you by giving you the chance to be a sikh and shakk his amrit....dont hesitate and become his daughter/son!!

sori this is dragging on, but one last thing....

you dont do your paath and treat it like a chore....thats useless...we should love to our gurus ustat and to sing his praises....

if you sit down and think "oh i have to do my paath now" and read through quickly...then it is of no use to us..."Raaj na chaao Mukt na Chaoo"....sewa and paath is not to be done in order for us to gain something or for us to think i want to be liberated....it should be done for the love of the sewa, paath, reciting the name of our beloved Waheguru!!

we need love not empty words for our Guru!(and practice what the GurBani tells you)

ill leave you with one shabad which i feel is ideal for your question...my or anyone elses vichaar is useless unless it come from Guru Ji, so heres teh direct source..

ik oa(n)kaar sathigur prasaadh ||

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

oulaahano mai kaahoo n dheeou ||

I don't blame anyone else.

man meet(h) thuhaaro keeou ||1|| rehaao ||

Whatever You do is sweet to my mind. ||1||Pause||

aagiaa maan jaan sukh paaeiaa sun sun naam thuhaaro jeeou ||

Understanding and obeying Your Order, I have found peace; hearing, listening to Your Name, I live.

eehaa(n) oohaa har thum hee thum hee eihu gur thae ma(n)thra dhrirreeou ||1||

Here and hereafter, O Lord, You, only You. The Guru has implanted this Mantra within me. ||1||

jab thae jaan paaee eaeh baathaa thab kusal khaem sabh thheeou ||

Since I came to realize this, I have been blessed with total peace and pleasure.

saadhhasa(n)g naanak paragaasiou aan naahee rae beeou ||2||1||2||

In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, this has been revealed to Nanak, and now, there is no other for him at all. ||2||1||2||

Dassan Dass

VahiGurooo Ji ka khalsa Vahigurooo Ji Ki Fateh!!!

That's true Steel,I guess it is a test and it shows how weak we are.

Its so sad when you see people who do so much paath and have so much faith in God totally break apart,their situation just gets worse and worse. But like Jassa said,maybe it is because of their past life. And then you see other people,so happy and you think wow,it puts a smile on your face. No one said life is fair,but it would be nice if everyone could be happy,its the nicest thing- to see a smile,its amazing. You see or hear about people with bigger problems than yours and yet they don't show it,makes you think twice,that someones always got bigger problems than you,not that yours don't matter anymore,but just that life does go on.