Parchar by Gursikh doctor Singhni!

shastarSingh

One of my distant relatives is a 50 year old doctor who lives near Sangrur, Punjab.

On her weekends, she travels around villages and gives free medical treatment and medicines to villagers especially old people and poor people. She also explains how to cure disease permanently by Gurbani. She gives santhiya of Gurbani too. She met me this weekend and told that many people hv given up alcohol and started going to Gurdwara Sahib daily by her Parchaar.

I feel this is a great way of social service as well as sikhi parchar. We need more such gursikh doctors.

We as a quam hv lots of money and daswandh. We waste our daswandh like Khalsa aid does or by making big marble gurdwaras or making too many gurdwaras in villages.

We can use our daswandh to fund studies of gursikh kids who want to become doctors/dentists etc and then make them do this type of sikhi parchar/social service

It will hv following benefits:

1. We will be able to make many of our sikh children into doctors.

2. Sikhi parchar.

3. Social service

@Soulfinder what do u say?

14 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

We as a quam hv lots of money and daswandh. We waste our daswandh like Khalsa aid does or by making big marble gurdwaras or making too many gurdwaras in villages.

We can use our daswandh to fund studies of gursikh kids who want to become doctors/dentists etc and then make them do this type of sikhi parchar/social service

2. Sikhi parchar.

3. Social service

We can fund the studies of gursikh children  in different medical systems like allopathy, homeopathy, ayurveda, unani medicine, traditional chinese medicine etc.

It will help us greatly as a qaum.

Guru Har Rai Sahib Ji Maharaj also established gardens of medicinal herbs in Kiratpur Sahib to help humanity.

1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

We can fund the studies of gursikh children 

There are organizations that are helping like Educate Punjab Project.

You can sponsor to further there education.  
They also run 8 academies.  Do you have any more information about them if they are a good group?

To sponsor. Check this link

https://www.educatepunjab.net/sponsor-a-child?sc=SPC

5 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

2. Sikhi parchar.

3. Social service

Veer ji i totally agree with you in the West its equally stupid as well how much money is being wasted on Nagar Kirtans and big massive Gurdwaras is shocking. I mean did Guru Sahib Ji Waheguru Himself give darshan and hukham to the Gurdwara management committee to waste money on big massive Gurdwara buildings. 

5 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

During the recent kisan andolan, people from Haryana received lots of free medical treatment and medicines.

They hv started to like sikhi and many hv become Sikhs.

Thats a really positive move as it helped improve the image of the Sikh religion. I say money daswand should be spent on medication, operations,school education fees etc

5 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji i totally agree with you in the West its equally stupid as well how much money is being wasted on Nagar Kirtans and big massive Gurdwaras is shocking. I mean did Guru Sahib Ji Waheguru Himself give darshan and hukham to the Gurdwara management committee to waste money on big massive Gurdwara buildings. 

Human beings, our ego, greed, especially in the hands of narcicissts, will mess anything up. 

12 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

2. Sikhi parchar.

3. Social service

Curious as to how Khalsa aid waste money? I genuinely dont know much about them but whenever I hear anything it’s usually about them going to various places providing aid where needed. I think they just visited Turkey and provided langar/blankets etc.

5 minutes ago, PCSJZ said:

Curious as to how Khalsa aid waste money? I genuinely dont know much about them but whenever I hear anything it’s usually about them going to various places providing aid where needed. I think they just visited Turkey and provided langar/blankets etc.

In Dasam Granth Sahib, Maharaj says that Khalsa shud be the first priority when it comes to give charity.

I live in punjab and there are large number of Sikhs who need financial help for medical treatments, kids education etc.

Khalsa aid ignores fellow Sikhs and give panth's money to people who hv their countries, oil and trillions of dollars. It's all publicity stunt to become good and popular in the eyes of the world.

8 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Thats a really positive move as it helped improve the image of the Sikh religion. I say money daswand should be spent on medication, operations,school education fees etc

Everything listed is the social aspect,  which we need to do more.

But also the spirtual aspect should also be included naam simran samagams, funding raag kirtan Vidyalas, Gurmat universities, gatka/saster vidya.  Mass distribution of Gurmat literature to other states. Funding those who want to be ragi, dhadi, granthi and parcharak. Expanding existing Gurmat Vidyalas and making new ones.

9 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

We can fund the studies of gursikh children  in different medical systems like allopathy, homeopathy, ayurveda, unani medicine, traditional chinese medicine etc.

@GurjantGnostic

will this help us as a panth?

Any other natural medicinal system which is very Good?

Do you know any Vidyalas that teach these traditional medicines?

2 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

In India there are lots of doctors of ayurveda and even Muslim doctors who practice unani medicine.

Have puratan sampradas created any medical Vidyalas to train doctors? How many of these Vidyalas exist?

Also, what organizations does your relative believe are doing the best sewa and helping the community?

18 hours ago, Sajjan_Thug said:

Have puratan sampradas created any medical Vidyalas to train doctors? How many of these Vidyalas exist?

Also, what organizations does your relative believe are doing the best sewa and helping the community?

In Dal Panth, Sant Samaj and Nirmalas, there are individuals who are expert in desi and herbal medicines. 

Don't know about any vidyala created by any samparda.