Modi calls on Anthony Albanese to combat attacks on temples in Australia 

Premi

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/102083152

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi calls on Anthony Albanese to combat attacks on temples in Australia 

By South Asia correspondent Avani Dias, foreign affairs reporter Stephen Dziedzic, and Som Patidar in New Delhi 
Posted 17h ago17 hours ago, updated 2h ago2 hours ago
Anthony Albanese (left) and Narendra Modi shake hands for camera.

Indian PM Narendra Modi says attacks on Hindu temples in Australia are concerning for all Indians.(ABC News: Som Patidar)

India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged Australia to protect Hindu temples after several were vandalised – apparently by supporters of a Sikh separatist group seeking to form an independent state.

Key points:

• Anthony Albanese met with Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Friday as part of his India visit
  • Mr Modi's comments on Sikh separatist attacks on Hindu temples in Australia were the only public sign of tension between the countries
  • Three temples in Melbourne were targeted in the lead-up to a vote by Sikh Victorians in a non-binding pro-Khalistan referendum, leading to protests by pro-India groups

The comments were the only public sign of tension between the countries during Prime Minister Anthony Albanese's tour of India, which has been heavily amplifying the deepening relationship between the nations.

"It is matter of regret that there have been regular reports of attacks on temples in recent weeks in Australia," Mr Modi said at a joint press conference while standing next to Mr Albanese.

"Naturally these reports of temple attacks concern us all Indians. It is depressing for our hearts," he said.

"I shared our sentiments and concerns over the issue to Prime Minister Albanese and he assured me that the safety of the Indian community is a special priority for him."

3 hours ago, Premi said:

https://amp.abc.net.au/article/102083152

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi calls on Anthony Albanese to combat attacks on temples in Australia 

By South Asia correspondent Avani Dias, foreign affairs reporter Stephen Dziedzic, and Som Patidar in New Delhi 
Posted 17h ago17 hours ago, updated 2h ago2 hours ago
Anthony Albanese (left) and Narendra Modi shake hands for camera.

Indian PM Narendra Modi says attacks on Hindu temples in Australia are concerning for all Indians.(ABC News: Som Patidar)

India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi has urged Australia to protect Hindu temples after several were vandalised – apparently by supporters of a Sikh separatist group seeking to form an independent state.

Key points:

• Anthony Albanese met with Narendra Modi in New Delhi on Friday as part of his India visit
  • Mr Modi's comments on Sikh separatist attacks on Hindu temples in Australia were the only public sign of tension between the countries
  • Three temples in Melbourne were targeted in the lead-up to a vote by Sikh Victorians in a non-binding pro-Khalistan referendum, leading to protests by pro-India groups

The comments were the only public sign of tension between the countries during Prime Minister Anthony Albanese's tour of India, which has been heavily amplifying the deepening relationship between the nations.

"It is matter of regret that there have been regular reports of attacks on temples in recent weeks in Australia," Mr Modi said at a joint press conference while standing next to Mr Albanese.

"Naturally these reports of temple attacks concern us all Indians. It is depressing for our hearts," he said.

"I shared our sentiments and concerns over the issue to Prime Minister Albanese and he assured me that the safety of the Indian community is a special priority for him."

How priviliged. 

I don't get this. What's going on. These sort of petty attacks has never been our people's style? 

3 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Falseflag is theirs though. 

If its us were being dumb burning buildings 

Absolutely, but it only takes one 'influential' idiot to start a trend and then others start following. It could be false flag but if any apna thinks this is a good idea or clever, they are retarded.  

40 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I don't get this. What's going on. These sort of petty attacks has never been our people's style? 

30 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Falseflag is theirs though. 

Agreed it's false flags, Sikhs wouldn't do that

Remember this

Vandals defaced BAPS Swaminarayan temple in Melbourne's northern suburb of Mill Park, Australia - Sputnik India, 1920, 12.01.2023

https://sputniknews.in/20230112/hindu-temple-in-australia-defaced-with-anti-india-graffiti-478031.html

5 hours ago, Premi said:

To me the objective seems obvious. Demonise Sikhs in the increasingly important asia pacific area. Some hindus might have seen how sullay used the 'islamaphobic'  term to their advantage with governments turning a blind eye to all manner of gundh from these quarters, excusing it away. They might be trying something similar. They already have the british in their pockets and are probably now trying to do the same to the aussies?  

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

To me the objective seems obvious. Demonise Sikhs in the increasingly important asia pacific area. Some hindus might have seen how sullay used the 'islamaphobic'  term to there advantage with governments turning an eye to all manner of gundh from these quarters excusing it away. They might be trying something similar. They already have the british in their pockets and are probably now trying to do the same to the aussies?  

Agreed.

Btw, what do you make of calls for Khalistan made outside of Panjab amongst the Sikh diaspora?

I agree with Mal Singh (thanks for introducing me to his channel !). I see little to be gained in the short term since most Apne in Panjab for now don’t want it. Unless we personally are ready to sacrifice our life for it, then think twice about holding referendums and rallies

39 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

This is something people back home have to decide and do, if they want it. I think right now, Khalistan is more like a 'scene' for people to revolve around or some dream.  I think we are infinitely less united than in the 80s now, and I don't really see any serious intelligent leadership/planning - just the usual pendu stuff. And I'd bet 90% of the most vocal people about it, would NEVER leave their comfortable diaspora lives to go back and struggle and sacrifice for it. 

And I agree with Mal Singh - in my opinion, we seem very far off from being in a position to govern and defend ourselves against multiple enemies - which would be the reality. Not only that, we have a very large nonSikh population in Panjab too (what would be done with them?), and let's be honest, not all Sikhs are for it - what about them. On top of this India seems to be actually making top level global moves now.   If we get it now, I think we'd infect the place with all the stupid thinking and behaviour that we all see in our 'media'.  I'm old enough to remember when it wasn't like this.  It's like we've been going in the wrong direction for ages. Certain people being close to the usual grooming suspects doesn't  bode well in my opinion either. Stakes are high.

Some astute observations bro. 

Khalis Islands is a better strat right now. And doesn't get one labeled a terrorist. 

We should probably be super serious and quiet right now and survival minded. 

12 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

I don't. Was it Sikhs or false flag?

Can’t remember where I read it, but something about how Sikhs would put a ‘n’ in Bhindranwale but the graffiti was spelt without.?

no one can say conclusively, I just don’t think it’s Sikh style to do graffiti inject that and very easy to make a false flag scenario 

2 hours ago, Premi said:

Can’t remember where I read it, but something about how Sikhs would put a ‘n’ in Bhindranwale but the graffiti was spelt without.?

no one can say conclusively, I just don’t think it’s Sikh style to do graffiti inject that and very easy to make a false flag scenario 

The one bit just says hindustan....