Nanaksar and Khalistan

ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਹਿ॥

Nanaksar are usually called non political by the Panth and have been criticised by many because of 1984. However if we look into the history of Nanaksar, Baba Nand Singh Ji actually supported Khalistan. Contrary to popular belief, the concept of a modern day Khalistan was born in the 1930s. In fact in 1945, Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee and Shiromani Akali Dal passed a Mata in Teja Singh Samundari Hall for the creation of Khalistan. 
In the late 1930s/ early 40s the talk of independence started to widely occur. So Baba Nand Singh Ji asked their Sewaks to meet Master Tara Singh and ask him to strive towards the creation of Khalistan. When they met Master Tara Singh, he laughed and said ‘anpad saadhan nu siyasat bare ki pata hai’. The Singhs relayed this back to Baba Nand Singh Ji who said ‘accha inna di marzi aa par kise vele is vakt nu pachtaunge’. Baba Ji was indirectly referring to all the struggles and oppression the Panth has faced as a result of deciding to join with India

On 5/31/2023 at 9:04 PM, Ragmaala said:

Baba Nand Singh Ji said that tell Master Tara Singh that " jo angrez denge chup krke lai leyo ".  He did not specifically mention the word Khalistan but he did want Sikh leaders to get their fair share of own raj from Gore. 

Similarly, Baba Isher Singh Ji Nanaksar vale told Maharaja Yadwinder Singh of Patiala to not to sign on deal to give up their kingdom and become part of India. But he also did not listen. 

This is what happens when few incompetent Sikh Leaders or Rajas don't listen to the bachan of pooran mahapurush , for their deeds the Sikh generation suffers. 

But Mahapurush are also in the Hukam. They will give you only signals or questions to solve, rest is upto the devotees to solve. 

In the end, its all khed of Waheguru. 

imo the real battle is against the Mind through bhagti , once you conquer mind world will fall in your feet Man Jeete Jag jit... 

What was the British offering though? The British had offered to make arrangements for Khalistan, thus showing that Baba Ji must’ve been in some sort of agreement with the idea that we should be Azaad and have our own Raj and Mulak.  Master Tara Singh and Baldev Singh made the bad option of not accepting Khalistan when the British were willing to accept. 
I also think Baba Isher Singh Ji knew what was going to happen in 84. I’m pretty sure they went to Darbar Sahib and stood outside Sri Akal Takht Sahib and saw what was going to happen 

On 6/3/2023 at 1:23 PM, aaronsingh said:

What was the British offering though? The British had offered to make arrangements for Khalistan, thus showing that Baba Ji must’ve been in some sort of agreement with the idea that we should be Azaad and have our own Raj and Mulak.  Master Tara Singh and Baldev Singh made the bad option of not accepting Khalistan when the British were willing to accept. 
I also think Baba Isher Singh Ji knew what was going to happen in 84. I’m pretty sure they went to Darbar Sahib and stood outside Sri Akal Takht Sahib and saw what was going to happen 

Is there any non sikh source that say that sikhs were really offered something meaningful?

46 minutes ago, kdsingh80 said:

Is there any non sikh source that say that sikhs were really offered something meaningful?

I agree. I'm suspicious myself, by all accounts the brits were falling over themselves to leave the place. 

On 6/8/2023 at 1:09 AM, dalsingh101 said:

I agree. I'm suspicious myself, by all accounts the brits were falling over themselves to leave the place. 

The British became quite weak after WW2 . They were no longer world's top power. They just wanted to get out of India . Apart from Sikhs their were other demands for separate nations . Sikhs were only majority in 3-4 tehsils of undivided Punjab . Offering Sikhs a separate nation would had open pandora box which could even lead to civil war in British India. So just for Sikhs this was too heavy price for Britishers. 

11 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

The British became quite weak after WW2 . They were no longer world's top power. They just wanted to get out of India . Apart from Sikhs their were other demands for separate nations . Sikhs were only majority in 3-4 tehsils of undivided Punjab . Offering Sikhs a separate nation would had open pandora box which could even lead to civil war in British India. So just for Sikhs this was too heavy price for Britishers. 

I don't think you have much of a clue about how nefarious and insidious these people are. 

22 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Understanding evil comes in waves and levels for sure. 

You have to bear in mind, these lot did a proper job on the minds of many people on the subcontinent, some sadly seem deeply trapped in their inferiority complex and their inability to see things for what they are/were.   That's why those postcolonial perspectives are so important. 

On 6/9/2023 at 4:11 PM, dalsingh101 said:

I don't think you have much of a clue about how nefarious and insidious these people are. 

Nobody is saint especially the one who ruled over the others . BTW you should tell this to khalistani sikhs in west which are hoping that one day gora powers will support them and that is their only hope.

4 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

Nobody is saint especially the one who ruled over the others . BTW you should tell this to khalistani sikhs in west which are hoping that one day gora powers will support them and that is their only hope.

God knows what they are thinking? They don't seem very organised. I think India might be using this like a bogey man. If they are thinking like you are saying, it tells us everything we need to know......

13 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

You should have some inkling that the picture painted of the diaspora in India is likely to be severely skewed, similarly, the image of India amongst many diasporans is also likely to be twisted. 

54 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

In the middle is Jagtar getting tortured without charges. Speaks for itself. 

Been thinking about it. There's real cult mentality abound on both sides. 

On 6/12/2023 at 4:34 PM, dalsingh101 said:

You should have some inkling that the picture painted of the diaspora in India is likely to be severely skewed, similarly, the image of India amongst many diasporans is also likely to be twisted. 

In indian media the picture is twisted but what about sikh groups on fb? What about pannu? What about referendum 2020? Any sane person knows that referendum is held under supervision of UNO or any third party in the disputed place where all the people vote. The one sided referendum is nothing but a joke. Total waste of money. 

1 hour ago, kdsingh80 said:

In indian media the picture is twisted but what about sikh groups on fb? What about pannu? What about referendum 2020? Any sane person knows that referendum is held under supervision of UNO or any third party in the disputed place where all the people vote. The one sided referendum is nothing but a joke. Total waste of money. 

I think a lot of these things are publicity stunts to keep that idea alive.

Like, I just saw a tiny bit of a 'Hindustani Times' very recent youtube video on some apparent 'attack' on an Indian embassy by Khalistanis. When I actually saw the video of the 'attackers' an how many there were, and their age etc. It (to my mind) looked like some school boy level naughty kartootan rather than any serious threat??? Plus, for all I know the attendees could've been pakistanis or hindus in disguise? Who knows who some of these people are?

I'm probably in a minority where I don't think most 'fb' (or similar) groups actually reflect real life communities.  

But again, I go back to my comment about cult-like mentalities being abound all over the place. It's tragic that we now have this dualistic, binary dynamic between 'Khalistanis' and 'patriotic Indians'. Pakistanis are the same about India too. 

Someone seems to be covertly 'cleaning up' though?

17 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

But again, I go back to my comment about cult-like mentalities being abound all over the place. It's tragic that we now have this dualistic, binary dynamic between 'Khalistanis' and 'patriotic Indians'. Pakistanis are the same about India too. 

There is something called being realistic. Opposing khalistan does not mean being patriotic indian . Realistically Sikhs can't even vote for a panthic party in present Punjab but somehow  some day dream that if a separate khalistan comes to existence then hardcore sikhs will be it's ruler

2 hours ago, kdsingh80 said:

There is something called being realistic. Opposing khalistan does not mean being patriotic indian . Realistically Sikhs can't even vote for a panthic party in present Punjab but somehow  some day dream that if a separate khalistan comes to existence then hardcore sikhs will be it's ruler

I'm not in disagreement with you. But you do seem to get some Indians, who think those silly protests abroad, is enough to warrant the death sentence or something....

I'm a Sikh in the diaspora, some Sikhs I know support the idea of K'stan, some Sikhs I know don't. Many Sikhs don't really care and go about their day to day lives. Even those that support it, might do so because of familial norms rather than any deep conviction. Some seem in a cult-like suspension.  

Given what you written above (and other things), it does seem like it is not anything in serious contention. Then we get confused by a perceived overreaction by India to it??

2 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Free Jagtar Singh Johal. 

Also those (now) old boys who've been banged up for double their sentences. They should be freed to allow them to spend the rest of their days with their families and loved ones.  

Kinda feelin like I've reached a point in my life where I don't have much to say as I used to. Maybe Akal is finally pacifying my speech...if I comment less don't think I'm not here or interested...just tired of talking to these devils throughout life, tired of talking about politics and world issues...ready to just do me and let it all fall if it must.