cannabis( is it true nihang singhs used to_still do_cannabis

lion singh

Guest Javanmard

1. I think you did not understand my point.

2. Of course being Khalsa is all about mystical chivalry

3. I was refering to the theory of the Cosmic Being, the amritdhari becomes symbolically the replica of that Cosmic and Total Being. He equally sant, sipahi, poet, husband or wife etc... all spheres of human existence.

Gur Fateh!

Bhai Sahib ms514 Ji, please consider the following extract from the Sri Sarab Loh Granth as per your comments on the 4 varnas and further to jtSingh's comments on the Samprayda...

[Gobind Singh said,] ËœI gave myself to the Khalsa; my second form is the True Guru, the Granth.

The utterance of the shabad and the singing or explication of Govinds Name is the True Guru's speech.

The pure Khalsa Panth was manifested, an auspicious panth [comprising] all four varnas and ashramas.

Seeing them is to have darshan of the True Guru, the shabad of the Guru Granth is the Guru's speech.

Thus are enumerated the twelve forms of the True Guru, O sants, these are twelve manifest suns.

The manifest power of Parbraham plays itself out in the Granth and the Khalsa Panth.

Sri Sarab Loh Granth, 3, pp. 496-7.

Pradhan Sukh Singh Sahib, GUR FATEH!!!

As far as I know there are no english translations available of the Sarab Loh Granth. The present Punjabi translation was done by an Udasi Baba, although some now claim that his works are incomplete.

Sorry I can't help more...I'm still looking for a full copy myself...but to be honest, I've yet got so much to learn from the Sri Guru...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chamkila

Come to the Akhara anytime and take our blood samples. Its obvious you dont believe a word we say here :wink:

Why would I want your blood, I am just asking a simple question. If you live in the UK/USA do you guys still drink bhang. How does this question make me not belive a word you say here.

Note: Do not take everyones blood samples.. :shock:

Laws of the land should be respected and not abused, but then again all countries respect that every individual will do certain things which are against the law, but as long as they are done on an individual basis and do not effect the masses the law really dont give a kahoot,

Look at half the programmers out there how many sikh websites including this one do you think where made on computers with not a single illegal copy of some software..???

How many singhs in uk wear a kirpan under 6 inches or whatever the law was on kirpans.

Even the sikh rehats understand that an individual will take these as guidlines not rules.. (fvourite quote from pirates of the 'however you spell that word beginning with c').. but thats my opinion.

I have not yet heard of a Nihang singh drug lord or mass degh producing factories under gurdvaras :twisted: im sure if the cops found degh on you they would take appropriate action (if the amount is small enough just for personal use and in the form of leaves, should get a warning and the degh confiscated, repeat offense will result in fines- i think). if you have the degh in resin form :P then u better off running :P

im sure rugrda is ment to be rugra !!

Guest Javanmard

Cannabis: This is still a Class-B substance, in all its forms. If you turn it into resin, it's still a Class-B substance. The hashish-making process does not put cannabis into the same category as cocaine and heroin.

The maryada of shahidi degh only uses the cannabis leaves. Hashish is not used. Heroin and cocain are ABSOLUTELY TABOO!!!!

The maryada of shahidi degh only uses the cannabis leaves. Hashish is not used. Heroin and cocain are ABSOLUTELY TABOO!!!!

Agreed. You should'nt put cocaine or heroin in the degh. However, you might use Novacaine at the dentist's, or morphine if you're in hospital receiving treatment. Those uses are pragmatic, although obviously they are nothing to do with the maryada of shaheedi degh.

Supposing you were making some sort of bhang lassi (i.e. a drink for yourself on a hot day - nothing to do with religion). By using hashish, you will absorb a LOT more THC into the milk (esp. if you add ghee then heat it all up) than by laboriously mashing up some cannabis leaves. Just a thought. Although you could'nt necessarily trust the content of the hashish as much as the green leaves.

Is it allowed, according to the maryada, to add a couple of buds or let them fall into the mixture? That would have a big effect on the potency of the drink.

• 2 months later...
Guest Javanmard

It can be administred in different ways:

1. drinking the amrit touched by the feet of the panj pyare

2. drinking the amrit that has come in contact with palki sahib

3. drinking amrit administred by a panj pyara who orders you to repeat mulmantar and Vahiguru whilst you hold the amrit in the palms of your hand

sources: Gurmat Martand, Khalsa Dharam Shastar, Rahitname

• 10 months later...

This topic has confused me greatly, from my understanding all drugs were a big no-no but from the posts iv come to believe that it is accepted sometimes. God created everythink on this earth (not on about what man created ) so cannabis a natural growing plant was also acreation on god, so whats the problem with eating a apple and a cannabis plant. am starting to feel that alot of people are confused and there aint no set ground rules that have been set in stones. seems everyones got there own versions. Very confused over here. some one clear things up pls i need soild facts.