Why is the kanga made out of wood?

Sikh_Soulja

i think this is because wood is natrual

also because the guru new what was good and bad for example did you know that ifyou have a wooden kanga in your hair then lighting will just pass through you scientest have proven it and thats why people say stand under a tree if caught out in lighting as the lighting will pass through the branches and into the ground. the gurus new this how many years ago same with keshrea scientest have proven people should wear boxers

i am not sure if this is the answer to your question but hope fully it helped

simple when you comb your hair wiv a plastic comb you get friction static try it :LOL: also wood don't conduct so its better for your hair to be sliky smooth like lorel want it to be hahaha

If you look into science of the head, you'll notice people loose heat from their heads ie: nrg loss, the khanga being at the top diffuses the the positive ions back into the body with the negative reflection from the khanga

come on you scientists tell me 'wheres your reference!' I read that time back from kudalini yoga text :P

simple when you comb your hair wiv a plastic comb you get friction static try it :LOL: also wood don't conduct so its better for your hair to be sliky smooth like lorel want it to be hahaha

If you look into science of the head, you'll notice people loose heat from their heads ie: nrg loss, the khanga being at the top diffuses the the positive ions back into the body with the negative reflection from the khanga

come on you scientists tell me 'wheres your reference!' I read that time back from kudalini yoga text :P

Whoa! Dat means no more sweating in pugh!

• 2 weeks later...

but why not question the direction of the arrow?? why must u just follow the arrows? why can't you just go oppisite the arrow? what if the arrow had a nail in it so it can turn? and it turns every so often?? one cannot just follow anything without understanding (or try to understand)... but then again that's just me...

but why not question the direction of the arrow?? why must u just follow the arrows? why can't you just go oppisite the arrow? what if the arrow had a nail in it so it can turn? and it turns every so often?? one cannot just follow anything without understanding (or try to understand)... but then again that's just me...

The original question does not question the direction of the arrow but the arrow itself.

I don't maybe its just me, but to me its not worthwhile to ask why the comb is made of wood...the purpose for it is much more greater. You do not ask why is the Fork made of Plastic or metal not wood?? even if u do ask what purpose would it serve you?? Use the utinsil to feed your hungry stomach. The question of what the fork is made of seems irrelivent to me. The mind gets in the way of our path at every step as it asks questions after question. The next question would be what type of wood is it?? Why that specific type of wood?? Why not Sandlewood?? why isn't that type of wood used today.

The reason for it made of Wood is that in the times of Guru sahib, maybe Plastic combs were very very rare, and the only material that was readily availble was wood. Wood also seems more natural. the only other logical choice is plastic, i don't know if Plastic was used in everyday household. I don't know that is just my guess.

this is just my view onthis...i am not saying he/she shouldn't ask the question, to me it seems irrelevent.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i think this is because wood is natrual

also because the guru new what was good and bad for example did you know that ifyou have a wooden kanga in your hair then lighting will just pass through you scientest have proven it and thats why people say stand under a tree if caught out in lighting as the lighting will pass through the branches and into the ground. the gurus new this how many years ago same with keshrea scientest have proven people should wear boxers

i am not sure if this is the answer to your question but hope fully it helped

i'm sorry, but what a load of crap!! if u get struck by lightning, having a piece of wood in your hair won't do jack! think about it like this... a bolt of lightning has just 'torn' its way through a mile or more of air (an excellent insulator), raising the temperature of the air to 30,000 degrees C (5 times the surface temperature of the sun) & literally tearing the molecules in its path apart, ionizing the air... but it's ok, because that tiny piece of wood in your hair will protect u!!! :LOL: & the last place u want to stand during a storm is under a tree... the human body is a better conductor of electricity than wood (or earth for that matter), & the bolt will go through u.

'the flame is still alive', u should really check out your information before saying something... before someone actually believes it & gets hurt!

if anyone wants more info on lightning, they can find some interesting stuff here:

http://www.uic.edu/labs/lightninginjury/ltnfacts.htm

ps it's spelt lightNing, not lighting!

-----

now about the actual question, i think pheena hit the nail on the head... who cares what the kanga is made of. there was no plastic in the guru's time & a metal kanga may well be too hard for the scalp as well as incredibly hard to make. wood on the other hand, is cheap, readily available & easy to work with.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Maha_Pavitar

That makes sense, also I remember someone telling me wood is better for your hair..I just can't recall what the reason is, will get back on that one.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Khalsa4ever's analysis is spot on, simply plastic combs were not an option. I digged a bit deeper and found out why men people use/recommend wooden combs over plastic ones:

Wood combs stop static electricity, reduce split-ends, provide stress relief thru scalp message, will not strip hair oils. Wood combs are a beauty secret that has survived the ages.

Wood combs stop static electricity

it's not so much that they stop static electricity, as they do not induce it (as opposed to plastic combs)

provide stress relief thru scalp message

could not the same be said of all combs... & perhaps brushes too?

reduce split-ends,... will not strip hair oils.

could u provide a reference for that please. i'd be very interested to find out more.