Poem - Sikh girl who has be deceived by the false charm.....

This poem at http://www.singh.co.uk portrays the lifestyle and thoughts of an impressionable young Sikh girl who has be deceived by the false charm of a Muslim boy. The following text is written as seen through her eyes.

Regrets.... I Have Many

Life in leafy Edgbaston was cosy, routine and without much bother,

Mummy and daddy where professional middle class,

I was at college study for my A levels,

I was shy and obedient but I wasn't content,

I longed for excitement,

I wanted to live the world,

I wanted to be as bold as brass and that was my intent.

At college one day, a lad approached me, as he towards me,

I could see from afar around his neck, he wore the moon and stars

around his neck.

He was very persistent and sweet,

Told me I was beautiful from my head down to my feet.

In my innocence by this tender words I was fooled,

This Muslim boy loved me.

And the love for my own family cooled.

My stupidity lead me to follow western trends,

I allowed him to become my boyfriend,

He had me under his hypnotic spell,

What I was going to do next nobody could tell,

I moved from Edgbaston to Sparkbrook.

I longed to be with my one and only Farooq.

My life was to change completely,

Long gone where the afternoon tea parties with the ladies,

Long gone where my Mummy's BMW and Daddy's Mercedes,

I was soon getting on and off buses and trams,

As I struggled with a variety of prams,

I was his sweetheart no more,

Instead I had become his common whore.

From Edgbaston to Sparkbrook and then to living hell

That is Pakistan,

A distant memory now, but please believe me,

I had once stood shoulder to shoulder with my dear dad

and demanded khalistan.

Oh God

What have I done?

What has happened to me?

What have I become?

As I lay awake at night

There is nobody to even hear me cry,

My thoughts are unanswered, questions are my only escape,

Somebody, anybody! Please tell me?

Will I ever stand in the warmth of my kitchen again?

Will I ever feel the hug of dear Daddy's strong arms?

Will my brothers ever fight and play and argue with me again?

Will I be there when my Mummy and Daddy grow old?

When my brother gets married will I be there to put the kalgi on his

pagh?

Will I ever again experience the sweet nectar that is Gurbani?

Will I ever share langar again?

Now there are no answers, only questions.

I have sown the seed of my own despair,

My life is in ruins, which nobody can repair,

My innocence, foolishness, kismet on me all have cheated,

I desperately want my previous boring life,

But I fear I am living in false hope,

In my heart of hearts I know that can never be repeated.

As I write these word in the unforgiving Pakistani heat,

Streams of sweat and tears run down my face,

I realise for me it is now too late,

Life has dealt me a cruel fate,

My living hell on my own I have to endure,

But I plead with my Sikh sisters that you make sure

Don't be fooled by his looks and false allure.

Stay in the warmth of Sikh religion,

Maintain your family values,

Enjoy its rich culture, but unlike me don't abuse its social freedom,

Ignore my advice at your peril,

But I beg you to take, a good long hard look at me,

A pitiful shambles I'm sure you will agree,

Happiness or even hope, I haven't any,

But regrets.............

I have many

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

Is there something special about Muslims for the Sikh girls from England to have some sort of perverted sexual desire towards them?

After all, a Muslim is only a follower of Islam, not apart of some sort of super-race.

Please explain this lust for Muslims to me that hundreds of Sikh girls from little old England obviously have.

well i know what u mean.

These als dnt have strong opinions on religion cus it hasnt been enforced into them - im not maikn excuses by the way.

They dont know any better - thats it!

Same reason - y do they drink alcahol - cus they dnt know any better - no1 sed they cnt and even if they did - then who cares - its either theyre parents'll neva find out or they just have nothing holding them back - life becomes a routine, normal and see it everday - type of ting.

Atleast thats what i think it is.

Point is - they dont know enuff about their own religion - or what their religion is to think this is bad.

Friends have a big impact too - sangat - and that ll be their dwnfall.

Is there something special about Muslims for the Sikh girls from England to have some sort of perverted sexual desire towards them?

After all, a Muslim is only a follower of Islam, not apart of some sort of super-race.

Please explain this lust for Muslims to me that hundreds of Sikh girls from little old England obviously have.

ERm this being a Sikhi board we tend to discuss about Sikhs..

but the same goes on with Hindu gals ! alla all other relgions! Islam being a missionary Religion tries to convert as many ppl as possible..in order to achieve their "paradise" *access only for men :shock: *

ooh btw I believe that the Muslims are being quite manipulating in some sorta way :?

there are some ppl who have written in this board how they were being manipulated ..but with Guru's grace they acheived to come on the right track

I'll search and post that thread sometime this week :)

K4ur - Mobile phones are simply there for you convenience, they are not "bad".

Anyway, so why Muslims? Whats attracting these girls to Muslims?

I personally dont buy this crap about not knowing enough about their religion. These are just spoilt rich girls with little or no common sense.

No will power to say "No" to their parents, their boy-friends, etc etc

Thats why they end up getting abused, sexually, physically and mentally.

On a lighter note, the poem seems more anti-Muslim than something which has any real depth or truth to it.

I dont take things like this seriously.

Im more concerned for the Punjabi and Kashmiri Muslim girls who experience all sorts of mental and physical abuse within their own familles than i do for some slut who probably hates her parents because they want the best for her and have tried to provide it.

Maybe the Sikh males should target Punjabi and Kashmiri Muslim girls and treat them the opposite of how these Muslims are treating impressionable and foolish Sikh girls. Wouldnt that be something, eh?

ERm this being a Sikhi board we tend to discuss about Sikhs..

Dont patronize me. Thanks.

The rest of your post is just paranoia against Islam. Try live in the real World.

Im more concerned for the Punjabi and Kashmiri Muslim girls who experience all sorts of mental and physical abuse within their own familles than i do for some slut who probably hates her parents because they want the best for her and have tried to provide it.

Maybe the Sikh males should target Punjabi and Kashmiri Muslim girls and treat them the opposite of how these Muslims are treating impressionable and foolish Sikh girls. Wouldnt that be something, eh?

Typical attitude :roll: Must be the girl's fault eh? That 'slut' might have been your sister, technically they are being Sikhs. It's not as simple as you make out, some girls aren't rich or spoilt, many have bad family backgrounds which make them weak and emotional. These Muslims target those girls with low self esteem.

Don't dismiss everyone under the same category, you aren't even from England.

Gurfateh

Typical attitude :roll: Must be the girl's fault eh?

No. Im not blaming her for being approached by an abusive Muslim, but allowing herself to get involved so far that she is taken to Pakistan? Really, im just lashing out at the story rather than real life situations.

If you cant open up to your parents in a situation like this before its too late you're a total idiot. I dont care how loud some parents may shout at their kids, these are still YOUR parents. Girls like in the story bring it onto themselves, im sorry that is my take on things.

That 'slut' might have been your sister,

Hardly. My sister wasnt spoilt, she's got brains, much smarter than i am. The Muslim would have no chance getting her into bed with him, let alone a one-way trip to Pakistan.

It's not as simple as you make out, some girls aren't rich or spoilt, many have bad family backgrounds which make them weak and emotional.

In that case, it would be a whole different issue. In this story, she is a spoilt rich girl who knew what she was doing.

These Muslims target those girls with low self esteem.

No doubt. Thats all these Muslims live for. LOL LOL.

Don't dismiss everyone under the same category, you aren't even from England.

Yes i am, and i live in an area that is full, let me emphasize FULL of Muslims. There are three major Mosques (plus smaller ones) near me, Edmonton, Turnpike Lane, and Finsbury Park (yes the notorious "Al Qadia" Mosque).

Please dont dismiss me as not being in the "know". Fair enough, where i live the Sikh community is basically "0", so is the Punjabi and South Asian community in general.

But, half the stuff you people come up with has no foothold in reality and is plain and simple anti-Muslim paranoia. Buy a house around my area and live with Muslims from all over the World (Turks, Kurds, Albanians, Persians, Punjabis, Bengalis, Somalis) if you dont believe me on how ridiculous you're all being about "Muslims are out to get us boo hoo".

It's good your sister isn't one of these girls, you are blessed, I wasn't implying she was, I was saying that it may easily have been her. However, everyone is not the same, and that goes for Muslims. You may think people here are being ridiculous, but some of this 'boo hoo' might help some girl reading this poem and hopefully steer her away from bad influences.

I get what you're saying, the rich spoilt ones who know what is right and wrong don't deserve sympathy, but let's not be narrow minded to the ones needing help yeah?

BTW since you live in a predominantly Muslim area, I would like to hear your solution to the problem? What could be done to sort this out? Both the rich spoilt ones, and the ones genuinely misled and needing help?

Gurfateh

It's good your sister isn't one of these girls, you are blessed, I wasn't implying she was, I was saying that it may easily have been her.

I know what you meant phenji, its ok! Please be as blunt as you like with me, i usually am with others (Even when i dont mean to be).

However, everyone is not the same, and that goes for Muslims. You may think people here are being ridiculous, but some of this 'boo hoo' might help some girl reading this poem and hopefully steer her away from bad influences.

I can see your point. But i think to the larger audience things like this just reinforce prejudice, stereotyping, and paranoia against Muslims.

I get what you're saying, the rich spoilt ones who know what is right and wrong don't deserve sympathy, but let's not be narrow minded to the ones needing help yeah?

I wouldnt say they dont deserve sympathy after whatever ordeal they have gone through, they just dont deserve to have the blame taken away from them. They are responsible for their actions and have paid for them. We still have to take people like this into our arms, regardless whether or not it was their fault. Im just saying that there are others out there who deserve our understanding and sympathy more than these spoilt rich girls. For example, the Punjabi and Kashmiri Muslim girls who have been abused or lost a father or mother in "honor killings" or some other mad criminal act that will go unpunished because fanatical Muslim males will protect the murderer.

BTW since you live in a predominantly Muslim area, I would like to hear your solution to the problem? What could be done to sort this out? Both the rich spoilt ones, and the ones genuinely misled and needing help?

Well, thats a difficult question. Yes, i live in an area which is full of Muslims, but the area is also full of Greek Cypriots and Afro-Caribbean's. North London is extremely culturally mixed, and i have personally never heard of Muslims around here "targeting" anyone.

The problem i think, is not between Muslims and Sikhs, it is between Pakistanis and Sikhs/Indians. What interest does a Turk or Kurd Muslim have in dating a Sikh girl so as to just convert her to Islam? None at all. For a Pakistani, it is something though because South Asians cant live and let live with eachother.

I have no idea how something like this can be tackled because to me it all sounds like more of a big joke than something that really happens. Im probably wrong in saying that so all i could suggest is that the Sikh community in affected areas set up organizations and clubs for Sikh females, a kind of support/activity group. Punjabi parents are not the best of people to bring your problems to so in situations like this you need the support of your peers, and of the Gurdwaras.

Forcing these girls to learn about Sikhism is not the solution. They have to learn and embrace the religion for themselves, if takes a long time, so be it. I think many girls just need someone to talk to in total confidence, and when i mean talk i mean the girls do all the talking, the other person listens. (Something Punjabi parents cant ever seem to do)

Dont most schools have counsellors now? This may seem funny to some, but if your at school and you need to talk, open up to someone etc go and make an appointment with your school counsellor and tell them whatevers troubling you or whats on your mind, thats what they're therefore. Dont ever be shy or feel embarrassed. Going to a counsellor doesnt mean you are mental or retarded, they are there to help you get through any problem you might have, and besides, what you do is your business and no one else's.

This is no solution to girls who have already been abused, but is a way to prevent things like this happening to other girls who are at risk. Speaking your mind and opening up to a counsellor is actually a pretty good way of building up confidence, which is probably what most of these girls simply need to keep them safe from being preyed on and making them content with life.

Sat Sri Akaal.

Bhaji, you make some good points. I agree, we should have trained counsellors who can talk to these girls, because the main reason they fall prey to the fanatics is because they have some sort of problem at home. That would be a good way of tackling the problem.

I know it happens, someone emailed me about their friend who was involved with this guy. She was married with kids, and her husband was a lazy drunk. She felt she was the only person contributing to the marriage and when this Muslim came along praising her, courting her the way her husband should, she felt special for once, she felt wanted, needed, appreciated. So she started to trust and fall for his false promises. He actually lied to her and said he was a Christian, I told her friend to make him say that he disbelieved in Mohammad being the last messenger and in the Quran with his hand on it, he refused. He pretended to be a Christian so she would convert to Christianity, and according to Islamic law a Muslim can marry a Christian women, without her converting :roll:

It's a difficult problem, Sikhi is a religion of love, and everyone knows that love can't be taught or forced.

Gurfateh

The biggest issue IMO is irresponsible parenting. I don't see this as a Muslim issue. If (say) a girl can be seduced by someone who is merely persistent and charming, then she may be able to be seduced by any kind of guy...including a criminal.

I don't even know how far counselors will go. While I don't think they are necessarily a bad thing, just because they are available does not mean that kids will listen to them, nor does it mean that the messages they give kids is necessarily good.

I'd rather see efforts like this made in our own community. If a girl or boy won't listen to their parents, perhaps they may listen to someone a few years older than themselves.