Prayers?

Alright?

A while back a brought a Nitnem Gutka Sahib from da gurdwara, dude at da stall pointed it out and said it's a good 1 2 start with cuz it's got english translations. I'm kinda new to the religion, but when i did prayers from it i found that some of the prayers from Chaupi sahib were missin. I know this cuz i had my walkman wiv nitnem on it at the same time. I just wanna know wat gwaan?? Is my Gutka sahib got bits missin or has the Nitnem cd i got (Bhai Harbans Singh) got extra prayers in it?? I just seem confused cuz i thought the religion is quite new therefore i thought every1 does the same prayers!

Cheers!

Guest Javanmard

You got an SGPC gutka which cuts out whole bits of Chaupai Sahib proving that Guru Gobind SIngh has written the Charitropakhyan, the erotic tales of the Dasm Granth as Chaupai Sahib is taken from there.

fateh Mr tupak.... :D:D Congrads on a Nice name :D

I think that the quick answer you may want is, that if you want to find Chaupai in that gutka sahib, look in rehras. Its there. but still there are parts missin, but you will realise that when you starting finding things out for yourself.

Some Paath is better than No Paath. So no need to worry too much at the moment bout the missin parts.

just seem confused cuz i thought the religion is quite new therefore i thought every1 does the same prayers!

you would be very surprised, the nitnem varies. some do 1 bani while others 5, some 7 some 9 etc... Think of it as a good thing, cos if we all did the same, we'd be pretty boring people :)

diversity is cool :D Its means we get the chance to cuss others and be cussed. Hence, we find our weaknesses and some cry but most improve.

diversity is cool, I agree but shortening the text of Chaupai sahib is a sin wich qualifies the SGPC as Ram Raie.

agreed 100%

but in ak47 (nice name again), case, i dont think he knows bout this stuff, so makin him aware is all good and well, but let him find chaupi sahib in the gutka too :D, im sure with time, he'll pick up the rest that was wrongly take out.

Well, he should cos we've mentioned it now. :D:D

I think it is important to make people aware of what' going on so that they don't fall in traps. after all it's the Khalsa's duty to spread goodness and prevent evil.

I think what you've done a good job doing that :D:D

What could be better is, is there a link to the whole copy so the dude can download it. ??

yeh ive seen this gutka which u might be reffering to

chopae sahib is mixed inbetween the rehras sahib, dunno why they didnt print it twice :roll: it also has some parts missing too as mentioned earlier