Near-death.com; great site on Near Death Experience

Hari

Check out: http://www.near-death.com/

It's a great site for looking into the reality of NDE's.I found the following very interesting:

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/reincarnation04.html

As the light revealed itself to me, I became aware that what I was really seeing was our Higher Self matrix. The only thing I can tell you is that it turned into a matrix, a mandala of human souls, and what I saw was that what we call our Higher Self in each of us is a matrix. It's also a conduit to the Source; each one of us comes directly, as a direct experience from the Source. We all have a Higher Self, or an oversoul part of our being. It revealed itself to me in its truest energy form. The only way I can really describe it is that the being of the Higher Self is more like a conduit. It did not look like that, but it is a direct connection to the Source that each and every one of us has. We are directly connected to the Source.

So the light was showing me the Higher Self matrix. And it became very clear to me that all the Higher Selves are connected as one being, all humans are connected as one being, we are actually the same being, different aspects of the same being. It was not committed to one particular religion. So that is what was being fed back to me. And I saw this mandala of human souls. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I just went into it and, it was just overwhelming. It was like all the love you've every wanted, and it was the kind of love that cures, heals, regenerates.

Why there is only mention of mandala of human souls... ? No mention of rest of species... I think the reason being that we have made predefined notions in our mind about it...

While dreaming, Has anybody ever seen himself to be in the form of any other species than being a human... I think this has more to do with dreaming or sub-consious mind and limited to our own predefined notions about life after death...

Itz a medical fact that before we actually die... we get un-consious and in that period we may be only dreaming... and then by sheer chance one happens to be revived from that unconsiouness, s/he may remember what was s/he dreaming at that time...

In response to Ideal Singh:

Why there is only mention of mandala of human souls... ? No mention of rest of species... I think the reason being that we have made predefined notions in our mind about it...

I think we have to bear in mind that NDE's are influenced by the beliefs of a person, this is mentioned by the Light (Prakaash) in the above case I've pointed out.The Light tells him that beliefs have a role to play in the perception of these world-wide experiences.

Beliefs have a role to play in the perception of the Light, but not in the Reality of the existence of the Light.Read the above case I pointed out, his experiences correlates well with Gurbani.Just look at the the similarities between Jap Ji Sahib and his particular experience.

While dreaming, Has anybody ever seen himself to be in the form of any other species than being a human... I think this has more to do with dreaming or sub-consious mind and limited to our own predefined notions about life after death...

If that is so, then children shouldn't having these experiences.But the truth is they do!There are many cases of young children describing the same experiences as adults after death.

Similar to NDEs of Adults

What is particularly fascinating about these experiences is their great similarity to the NDEs experienced by grown adults, but often without the associated sociological and religious conditioning that adults often possess.

In children too young to have absorbed our adult views and ideas of death, we hear first hand accounts of out of body travel, telepathic communication, and encounters with dead friends and relatives.

Children who have had an NDE generally become much more mature than before their experience. They also suddenly possess a wisdom “beyond their yearsâ€. Interestingly, adults who have had an NDE seem to become more childlike! Children also seem to acquire greater ability and passion for music & mathematics.

http://www.mikepettigrew.com/afterlife/htm...drens_ndes.html

Itz a medical fact that before we actually die... we get un-consious and in that period we may be only dreaming... and then by sheer chance one happens to be revived from that unconsiouness, s/he may remember what was s/he dreaming at that time...

You seem to forget that brain death occurs within 5 minutes.In many of these cases, the person was dead for much longer.There was a famous case of one woman who had to have brain surgery.In order for the surgeons to operate they had to efectively "kill" her.They had to drop her body temperature aswell as stopping all organ function (heart, lungs, liver etc).I found her case on the web once, and I can't, should have saved!I remember her story was on TV too.Oh by the way, she was dead for hours during the operation and experienced the NDE while she was technically dead.I was quite skeptical of NDE's, but her case convinced me that a real experience was going on here.

Again, look at the similarites of the Satguru's experiences, documented in Gurbani, and the Reality that is called NDE.I think your faith in your Satguru will become even stronger.

If that is so, then children shouldn't having these experiences.But the truth is they do!There are many cases of young children describing the same experiences as adults after death.

Thanx for explaining nicely... my faith is getting ever stronger with company of sangat... :) by questioning I do not challenge my faith but try to make it stronger... I hope you dont mind.

I would like to put a little query on Children... while dreaming has anybody ever seen himself acting in dreams... as far as I can recollect from some my dreams (nightmares ? :roll: )... I, simply, can not see myself in those dreams although I am usually the active participant in those dreams... moreover I can hardly recognise the surrounding in those dreams because they simply do not exist in my real world surroundings... How my mind creates such never seen surroungings while dreaming... So what Children are expericencing may well be those unfamiliar objects which usually we see while dreaming...

The surgeons may have dropped down her temperature after making her unconsious... it would have taken them quite some time to drop her body temerature after making her unconcious... in that period of unconciousness she would be dreaming... and you would agree that brain cells retain memories even when you are technically dead (amazing !)... i think thats why she remembers everything even after being technically dead for hours... :!: Had she remembered only NDE then it would have made the matter even more complicated... :roll:

BCM

Guest BikramjitSingh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Just a question. has anyone ever had a near death experience ?. The reason I ask is that I think had one when I was about 9 years old. It occurred when my eldest brother who as about 17 years old asked me to get him a glass of water from downstairs. I was watching something interesting on the TV and I told him that I would get it after the programme was finished. As we had newly arrived in the UK we used to wrestle a lot. My brother grabbed me and held me in a neck hold and tried to throw me over his shoulder. I struggled and passed out. My next memory is of being high up in the corner of the room seeing my brothers and my sister around my body trying to shake and revive me. Next memory is of hearing a song in Punjabi sung by some female voices. Strangely it was about getting water from a well. I saw a well in the distance. Then I saw a figure who appeared to be Guru Gobind Singh. I say appeared because at the age of 9 all I knew of the Guru was his pictures at the Gurdwara. He didn't say anything but his face was radiant and I had a feeling of warmth in his presence. Lastly I felt myself trembling as I gained consciousness and came to. I never did ask my brothers or sister how long I was unconscious for and I kept quiet about the experience as I knew my eldest brother would get into trouble with my parents :).

GurFateh

Bikramjit

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Just a question. has anyone ever had a near death experience ?. The reason I ask is that I think had one when I was about 9 years old. It occurred when my eldest brother who as about 17 years old asked me to get him a glass of water from downstairs. I was watching something interesting on the TV and I told him that I would get it after the programme was finished. As we had newly arrived in the UK we used to wrestle a lot. My brother grabbed me and held me in a neck hold and tried to throw me over his shoulder. I struggled and passed out. My next memory is of being high up in the corner of the room seeing my brothers and my sister around my body trying to shake and revive me. Next memory is of hearing a song in Punjabi sung by some female voices. Strangely it was about getting water from a well. I saw a well in the distance. Then I saw a figure who appeared to be Guru Gobind Singh. I say appeared because at the age of 9 all I knew of the Guru was his pictures at the Gurdwara. He didn't say anything but his face was radiant and I had a feeling of warmth in his presence. Lastly I felt myself trembling as I gained consciousness and came to. I never did ask my brothers or sister how long I was unconscious for and I kept quiet about the experience as I knew my eldest brother would get into trouble with my parents :).

GurFateh

Bikramjit

GurFateh

Bikramjit

Oh my gosh... veer ji do you mind if i use your story as an case in my upcoming project on life after death...near death expereinces which is due in my local gurdwara in few weeks...????????????????

Let me know...

BikramjitSingh bro,

I'm no expert but you being by on your ceiling looking down at your body is called an Out of Body experience (OBE).

I seen this yogi on ripleys believe it or not who sat in a tiny box with no air for a few minutes. After he was coming out of his box he was trembling (chilly and looked like he was about to cry), he said that is when he came back into his body and the cold sensation of earthly reality hit.

Guest Javanmard

OBE and near death expeiences are different. Obe are more common than we think and are trainable. I would not encourage people to have near death experiences. In France there is a very weird game amongst secondary school students called "le jeu du foulard", the scarf game. It consist in strangulating your classmate until he faints and gets a near death experience. Many kids have come out of it with huge brain damage or even died. Some suburban secondary schools in the Parisian area are realla really weird :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Guest Javanmard

well they are good for a lot of stuff but it's true that the Parisian suburbs are really weird. Really horrible stuff happening such as these gang rapes called "les tournantes", the turning ones, where a guy "offers" his girlfriend to his friends who rape her. Some of these guys use plastic bags from the local supermarket as condoms. The poor girls are then threatened with death if they complain to the police. And we're talking here adolescents aged between 13 and 17. horrible horrible

kal jug in its purest form :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

OBE and near death expeiences are different. Obe are more common than we think and are trainable. I would not encourage people to have near death experiences. In France there is a very weird game amongst secondary school students called "le jeu du foulard", the scarf game. It consist in strangulating your classmate until he faints and gets a near death experience. Many kids have come out of it with huge brain damage or even died. Some suburban secondary schools in the Parisian area are realla really weird :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Here is an serious one... according to usa stats on number of sucides-

13% of sucides are willingly attempted to die some sucessfuly died and some made it through.. they have tried it because people want to have near-death expereince... these people are usually who get obbebessed with life after death....

Hopefully i have one soon after meeting my murshad somewhere along in my life time :D

anyone want to say yo/hello/kidda to dharamraj???? I shall pass your message :LOL::LOL:

n30,

But I thought u were gonna pass by and not get to meet DharamRaj? :LOL:

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah before i was goin straight.....but then i thought might as well give dharamraj some company??? played taash(cards) with him...bachera bore batta hoououoouo :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Guest BikramjitSingh

N30 Singh

No Probs Bro. Use it if it benefits your project.

heydudes

Yeah, it seems that looking at what is happening around oneself from a high vantage point in the room is a common occurence in near death experiences.

lallesvari

What the hell does gang rapes in the Paris suburbs have to do with this topic. Can't you keep your sexual fixation out off even just one thread !!

GurFateh

Bikramjit

There was a famous case of one woman who had to have brain surgery.In order for the surgeons to operate they had to efectively "kill" her.They had to drop her body temperature aswell as stopping all organ function (heart, lungs, liver etc).I found her case on the web once, and I can't, should have saved!I remember her story was on TV too.Oh by the way, she was dead for hours during the operation and experienced the NDE while she was technically dead.I was quite skeptical of NDE's, but her case convinced me that a real experience was going on here.

I found it.Here: http://www.near-death.com/experiences/evidence01.html

Visions and memories occur while brain dead

Dr. Michael Sabom is a cardiologist whose latest book, Light and Death, includes a detailed medical and scientific analysis of an amazing near-death experience of a patient named Pam Reynolds. She underwent a rare operation to remove a giant basilar artery aneurysm in her brain that threatened her life. The size and location of the aneurysm, however, precluded its safe removal using the standard neuro-surgical techniques. She was referred to a doctor who had pioneered a daring surgical procedure known as "hypothermic cardiac arrest." It allowed Pam's aneurysm to be excised with a reasonable chance of success. This operation, nicknamed "standstill" by the doctors who perform it, required that Pam's body temperature be lowered to 60 degrees, her heartbeat and breathing stopped, her brain waves flattened, and the blood drained from her head. In everyday terms, she was put to death. After removing the aneurysm, she was restored to life.

As her operation was being performed, she experienced an NDE. Her remarkably detailed out-of-body observations, during her surgery, was later verified to be very accurate. The following is the account of her NDE in Pam's own words.

"The next thing I recall was the sound: It was a natural "D." As I listened to the sound, I felt it was pulling me out of the top of my head. The further out of my body I got, the more clear the tone became. I had the impression it was like a road, a frequency that you go on ... I remember seeing several things in the operating room when I was looking down. It was the most aware that I think that I have ever been in my entire life ...I was metaphorically sitting on [the doctor's] shoulder. It was not like normal vision. It was brighter and more focused and clearer than normal vision ... There was so much in the operating room that I didn't recognize, and so many people.

"I thought the way they had my head shaved was very peculiar. I expected them to take all of the hair, but they did not ...

"The saw-thing that I hated the sound of looked like an electric toothbrush and it had a dent in it, a groove at the top where the saw appeared to go into the handle, but it didn't ... And the saw had interchangeable blades, too, but these blades were in what looked like a socket wrench case ... I heard the saw crank up. I didn't see them use it on my head, but I think I heard it being used on something. It was humming at a relatively high pitch and then all of a sudden it went Brrrrrrrrr! like that.

"Someone said something about my veins and arteries being very small. I believe it was a female voice and that it was Dr. Murray, but I'm not sure. She was the cardiologist. I remember thinking that I should have told her about that ... I remember the heart-lung machine. I didn't like the respirator ... I remember a lot of tools and instruments that I did not readily recognize.

"There was a sensation like being pulled, but not against your will. I was going on my own accord because I wanted to go. I have different metaphors to try to explain this. It was like the Wizard of Oz - being taken up in a tornado vortex, only you're not spinning around like you've got vertigo. You're very focused and you have a place to go. The feeling was like going up in an elevator real fast. And there was a sensation, but it wasn't a bodily, physical sensation. It was like a tunnel but it wasn't a tunnel.

"At some point very early in the tunnel vortex I became aware of my grandmother calling me. But I didn't hear her call me with my ears ... It was a clearer hearing than with my ears. I trust that sense more than I trust my own ears.

"The feeling was that she wanted me to come to her, so I continued with no fear down the shaft. It's a dark shaft that I went through, and at the very end there was this very little tiny pinpoint of light that kept getting bigger and bigger and bigger.

"The light was incredibly bright, like sitting in the middle of a light bulb. It was so bright that I put my hands in front of my face fully expecting to see them and I could not. But I knew they were there. Not from a sense of touch. Again, it's terribly hard to explain, but I knew they were there ...

"I noticed that as I began to discern different figures in the light - and they were all covered with light, they were light, and had light permeating all around them - they began to form shapes I could recognize and understand. I could see that one of them was my grandmother. I don't know if it was reality or a projection, but I would know my grandmother, the sound of her, anytime, anywhere.

"Everyone I saw, looking back on it, fit perfectly into my understanding of what that person looked like at their best during their lives.

"I recognized a lot of people. My uncle Gene was there. So was my great-great-Aunt Maggie, who was really a cousin. On Papa's side of the family, my grandfather was there ... They were specifically taking care of me, looking after me.

"They would not permit me to go further ... It was communicated to me - that's the best way I know how to say it, because they didn't speak like I'm speaking - that if I went all the way into the light something would happen to me physically. They would be unable to put this me back into the body me, like I had gone too far and they couldn't reconnect. So they wouldn't let me go anywhere or do anything.

"I wanted to go into the light, but I also wanted to come back. I had children to be reared. It was like watching a movie on fast-forward on your VCR: You get the general idea, but the individual freeze-frames are not slow enough to get detail.

"Then they [deceased relatives] were feeding me. They were not doing this through my mouth, like with food, but they were nourishing me with something. The only way I know how to put it is something sparkly. Sparkles is the image that I get. I definitely recall the sensation of being nurtured and being fed and being made strong. I know it sounds funny, because obviously it wasn't a physical thing, but inside the experience I felt physically strong, ready for whatever.

"My grandmother didn't take me back through the tunnel, or even send me back or ask me to go. She just looked up at me. I expected to go with her, but it was communicated to me that she just didn't think she would do that. My uncle said he would do it. He's the one who took me back through the end of the tunnel. Everything was fine. I did want to go.

"But then I got to the end of it and saw the thing, my body. I didn't want to get into it ... It looked terrible, like a train wreck. It looked like what it was: dead. I believe it was covered. It scared me and I didn't want to look at it.

"It was communicated to me that it was like jumping into a swimming pool. No problem, just jump right into the swimming pool. I didn't want to, but I guess I was late or something because he [the uncle] pushed me. I felt a definite repelling and at the same time a pulling from the body. The body was pulling and the tunnel was pushing ... It was like diving into a pool of ice water ... It hurt!

"When I came back, they were playing "Hotel California" and the line was "You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave." I mentioned [later] to Dr. Brown that that was incredibly insensitive and he told me that I needed to sleep more. [laughter] When I regained consciousness, I was still on the respirator."

For practical purposes outside the world of academic debate, three clinical tests commonly determine brain death. First, a standard electroencephalogram, or EEG, measures brain-wave activity. A "flat" EEG denotes non-function of the cerebral cortex - the outer shell of the cerebrum. Second, auditory evoked potentials, similar to those [clicks] elicited by the ear speakers in Pam's surgery, measure brain-stem viability. Absence of these potentials indicates non-function of the brain stem. And third, documentation of no blood flow to the brain is a marker for a generalized absence of brain function.

But during "standstill", Pam's brain was found "dead" by all three clinical tests - her electroencephalogram was silent, her brain-stem response was absent, and no blood flowed through her brain. Interestingly, while in this state, she encountered the "deepest" NDE of all Atlanta Study participants.

Some scientists theorize that NDEs are produced by brain chemistry. But, Dr. Peter Fenwick, a neuropsychiatrist and the leading authority in Britain concerning NDEs, believes that these theories fall far short of the facts. In the documentary, "Into the Unknown: Strange But True," Dr. Fenwick describes the state of the brain during an NDE:

"The brain isn’t functioning. It’s not there. It’s destroyed. It’s abnormal. But, yet, it can produce these very clear experiences ... an unconscious state is when the brain ceases to function. For example, if you faint, you fall to the floor, you don’t know what’s happening and the brain isn’t working. The memory systems are particularly sensitive to unconsciousness. So, you won’t remember anything. But, yet, after one of these experiences [an NDE], you come out with clear, lucid memories ... This is a real puzzle for science. I have not yet seen any good scientific explanation which can explain that fact."