If a Sikh took Amrit and lied later, is he a Khalsa or not ?

Guest BikramjitSingh

Well obviously they are not wrong. What the Panj Payrays meant is that don't lie for the sake of lying. Don't justify your actions by lying. Don't lie in a Habit. Don't Lie to Hurt others. Don't lie to gain appraise.

Even Murder can be Justified if its done in a defense. What good are your hands if you cannot defend you own life.

A lie can be justified if its done for the right reasons. That lie which is protecting something far more important.

Didn't the Singhs Lie to protect our Guru Gobind Singh when he was sorounded by the Mogul Armies in the city Machi Wara (im sure that was the city, if not please correct me) they carried him on their shoulders and when the Mogul's stopped them and asked who Guru Gobind singh ji was they told them that he was Uch tha Peer.

Im sure thas how the story went, but if im wrong please correct me.

They did not stop and draw their sword to fight, they used their Demaag.

Understand this for you to save someone drowning in a mud, you yourself cannot be afraid of getting dirty.

Wow the Panj Pyare were wrong not to qualify the injunction not to lie by saying that it's o.k. to lie if you think that by lying you're doing a good thing. :shock:

As far as I am aware Guru Gobind Singh was carried as 'Uch Da Peer' by Ghani and Nabi Khan and not by the Singhs. If any lying was done on that occasion it would have been by either Ghani and Nabi Khan. But what is important is not to seek justification in these events. Look into the Guru Granth Sahib and if it says that it is alright for a Sikh to lie based on certain circumstances then I will stand corrected.

Wow the Panj Pyare were wrong not to qualify the injunction not to lie by saying that it's o.k. to lie if you think that by lying you're doing a good thing. :shock:

As far as I am aware Guru Gobind Singh was carried as 'Uch Da Peer' by Ghani and Nabi Khan and not by the Singhs. If any lying was done on that occasion it would have been by either Ghani and Nabi Khan. But what is important is not to seek justification in these events. Look into the Guru Granth Sahib and if it says that it is alright for a Sikh to lie based on certain circumstances then I will stand corrected.

You are telling me just because their names were Khan and not Singhs, they were not the Sikhs of our guru??? Obviously they risked their lives as would have any Sikh for the GURU. There isn't a difference between a Singh and a Sikh.

They had to walk thru the Mud to carry our Guru across, they themselves were not afraid to get dirty. When walking thru the mud they got dirty, but they did not drown in that mud.

There isn't a Quote in the SGGS about lying under certain Circumstances as far as i know.

NOw tell me this if the Mogul Armies had asked the 2 Khan's or Sikhs (however you wish to know them as) who they were carrying on their shoulders. In your views what should have they said?? That he is that Guru that the 1000's of you are looking for?? Should they should have Sacrifsed the Truth??? should they have fought against those Armies? Would that have been a Wise decision?

Lying is like placing a coat of Salt over suger to protect what is within that coat. I am not saying what i have said is final nor do i say that it OK to lie. I simply presented MY views on this issue from what I have undestood. What i have said can be very dangerous to those who do not understand what i am trying to say. So If you don't understand what i have said, then ignore it...because i cant explain it any better than i have.

So don't take my word for it, if you want to know about lying under certain circumstances as a Sant or a Giani ro someone who can explain it in better terms.