Have you ever experienced the Divine through Beauty or Art?

Guest Javanmard

Guest Javanmard

One sakhi on Guru Hari Rai says that one day, as he was walking wearing a long jama he broke a rose and cried because of what he did. Thsi reveals an extremely refined sense of esthetics and beauty. SIkhi's insistence on rags is another sign of that.

have you ever felt drawn towards the Divine by Beauty or Art? Has the sight of a painting (by this I don't mean Sobha SIngh's portaraits of the Gurus :roll: ), of a landscape or a person ever made you feel that this was a possible door to the Divine?

Can "non-religious art or music" make you feel that way?

share your thoughts!

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief.

"There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.

Businessmen, they drink my wine, ploughmen dig my earth.

None of them will level on the line, nobody's of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke.

"There are many here among us, who feel that life is but a joke.

But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate.

So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

All along the watchtower, princes kept their view.

While all the woman came and went - barefooted servants too.

Outside in the distance, a wild cat did growl.

Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl....

- Bob Dylan, All Along The Watchtower

Who is the joker, who the thief?

How to escape this prison?

Few time as i drive home from work...i pass over this small hill and to my left ( if i leave around the right time) is a town from which that hill overlooks and the sun sets right behind that town. If there are clouds in the sky and the sun is 96% setting down, the sky is just filled with thousands of colors and the rays of the sun just strike down upon the town. That Sight has to be the most humbling experinece in my life. To see such beauty created everyday. I have take few pictures of that sunset, i'll try to scan them in and post 'em.

I went to Manali last year and it's beauty was breathtaking which made me realise Vaheguru's greatness. Also, listening to classical instrumental music is very uplifting and the beauty of improvisation appeals to the heart, which is a form of worship in itself.

I think any form of creativity can remind you of Vaheguru because he is the greatest creator of all.

Nihal Kaur Penj, I dunno about Lord of the Ring film. Guess you're a Ringer eh? :evil: I know a few on this forum, I'm more of a HP-er (Harry Potter fan) instead :wink:

Gurfateh