Feedback for my Essay Intro (PLEASE HELP :D)

heyyo

I added this on to the other post, but nobody cared to reply to it. I dunno if it was because nobody cared or cuz they didn't see it :LOL:

Well newayz, I Got this so far. I made it to sound as scholarly as possible, though i'm sure it could use some help.

"From Sikhism’s entry into the world stage in 1469AD to its journey to the present day, a perturbing notion has followed the young faith. Originating in a country dominated by deeply rooted religions dating back hundreds to thousands of years, Sikhism faced a daunting task: How would it present itself as a uniquely distinct religion? Moving forward some 500 years to the present day, it appears that its objective has not changed. A prevalent belief among certain circles is that Sikhism is simply a permutation of the ancient Indian religions which predeceased it. In particular, it is a belief among Islamic circles that Sikhism is simply a faction of the Mohammedan religion, a great misconception. Thus, the following essay shall strive to show how Sikhism, though bearing certain similarities to Islam, is essentially a unique religion with a 20 million strong worldwide following. The aforementioned shall be achieved primarily through two means: 1) an exploration of the historical ties which are mistakenly thought to bind the two religions and 2) a critical assessment of both religions from their respective theological aspects."

When i refer to the historical aspect, I mean to talk about things like Guru Nanak's supposed pilgrimage to Mecca (and how it is used to justify him as a muslim) and just goes further to point out how, if islam and sikhism were the same, that the sikhs were greatly persecuted etc.

Feedback would be appreciated for the intro. Remember, i had to keep it short and sweet as much as possible.

I added this on to the other post, but nobody cared to reply to it. I dunno if it was because nobody cared or cuz they didn't see it :LOL:

Well newayz, I Got this so far. I made it to sound as scholarly as possible, though i'm sure it could use some help.

"From Sikhism’s entry into the world stage in 1469AD to its journey to the present day, a perturbing notion has followed the young faith. Originating in a country dominated by deeply rooted religions dating back hundreds to thousands of years, Sikhism faced a daunting task: How would it present itself as a uniquely distinct religion? Moving forward some 500 years to the present day, it appears that its objective has not changed. A prevalent belief among certain circles is that Sikhism is simply a permutation of the ancient Indian religions which predeceased it. In particular, it is a belief among Islamic circles that Sikhism is simply a faction of the Mohammedan religion, a great misconception. Thus, the following essay shall strive to show how Sikhism, though bearing certain similarities to Islam, is essentially a unique religion with a 20 million strong worldwide following. The aforementioned shall be achieved primarily through two means: 1) an exploration of the historical ties which are mistakenly thought to bind the two religions and 2) a critical assessment of both religions from their respective theological aspects."

When i refer to the historical aspect, I mean to talk about things like Guru Nanak's supposed pilgrimage to Mecca (and how it is used to justify him as a muslim) and just goes further to point out how, if islam and sikhism were the same, that the sikhs were greatly persecuted etc.

Feedback would be appreciated for the intro. Remember, i had to keep it short and sweet as much as possible.

you will find the Hindus referring to Sikhism as a faction of Hinduims more so than Muslims. I am not sure whether Islam acknowledges Sikhism as a religion as it is post Islam therefore not a "true" religion. BUT still, It seems like everyone wants a chunk of Sikhism and claim it as its own :evil: What u have written so far is interesting and yes very scholary. Once completed, please post the the whole of this assignment here, I would like to read it. Thanks :)