naam from others?

source: From sikhnet messageboard

this is a curiosity question, many people dont no where to get namm in this world. Obviously naam should not be obtained from normal persons like me and you. But does anyone think its ok to gain naam from sants?

If i have caused anger amongst people, please forgive me and my curious question.

Gur fateh

--------------------------

In my views..... As long as "Naam" is from sri guroo granth sahib ji or dasam granth sahib ji and sarbloh granth sahib ji.. Its ok to take it from sants/mahapursh/bhramgyani's because they have naam dii kaami..lot more naam di kaami than us... They have attained vaheguroo and become one with akaal.

I wanted to know sangat's view on this...

The name that you will get is gona be Waheguru. But the intentions behind the name is what matters. You can get the name from anyone, but from a Sant/Guru/5 Payaray he gives it with his Urja..he puts his energy behind the name before he gives it to you. That energy put behind the name given is what helps you develop your Urja.

Naam, im the kinda person that doesnt look for middle men. Guru ji tell us we have a direct link with God. I belive that the Guru's and God are one, Gur parmesvar Eko Jaan, So our gurus gave us naam in the granths, but i can eva see myself going to some sant/baba and asking for naam, as i understand it is, why should i go to a person that begs for naam just like i beg, i should ask it from guru maharaj himself, only he can give it.

but some people may feel they need to go to someone. Just remember, a person who has attain naam, keeps it gupt.

well, this stuff makes sense in my simple world.