Success Orientation

JOYce

5 Simple Fundaz to be Happy

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well. The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey. He invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first, the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly.

Then,to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw. With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing.

He would shake it off and take a step up. As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the ! animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt.

The trick to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up.

Each of our troubles is a stepping stone.

We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up!

Shake it off and take a step up!!!

Remember the five simple rules to be happy :

1. Free your heart from hatred.

2. Free your mind from worries.

3. Live simply.

4. Give more.

5. Expect less.

Cheers !!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

D o n ’t C o m p l i c a t e M a t t e r s

Don’t complicate your life. Think before you act. Look for the simple ways or answers first where less can go wrong. Work from your basics. Make sure that you understand the assignment or the problem before you begin. What are the time and perf o rmance expectations that will indicate satisfactory completion?

Reexamine how you are doing things. Is a task consuming all of your time? Is itworth the time you are investing? Do you have the necessary re s o u rces? Can it be delegated? If so, is the right person assigned to complete the job? Yo u r re s e a rch, your quiet time, your commitment to teamwork and your prioritized to-do list should all help. Pare away the unnecessary. Even the philosophy underlying these Action Principles can be stated very simply. Improve yourself and help others.

Record Your Thoughts

Carry index cards, a hand-held computer or a small notebook. Borrow nap-kins to write on. As you become an action-oriented person, positive thoughts will occur with increasing regularity. Write down your ideas. You will have good ideas because you will have many ideas. Review your notes before your quiet time or before bed. You will become your own best therapist. You will see the ways to solving your own problems, finding your own route to happiness and realizing your own dreams. Spend most of your time thinking about solutions and not problems. Get back to recording your thoughts..

Get Tough

Tough means that you are willing to stand tall and persevere. Even when your

mind and body signal perfectly good reasons for giving up, you go on. This tough is

obvious. But tough can be seen every day if we choose to look. Tough may be a

patient undergoing cancer treatments or a single mother struggling to raise childre n .

Tough can be an alcoholic ready to face rehab or an athlete living in a wheelchair.

Tough can be rejecting false praise and honestly accepting you and your children for

who and what you are. Tough is an ability to make the best from what you are given.

Tough is making the decision to replace self-pity, complaints and dependence with

s e l f - reliance, independence and action.

You’ve got to be tough to do the big things in life like taking risks, admitting mis-takes,

and changing bad habits. You’ve got to be tough to do the little things like bit-ing

your tongue, waiting your turn and putting up with fools. Self-reliance and self-confidence

will demand your toughness. Then, you must temper toughness with

kindness, realizing that many times it will be tough to be kind. Be kind anyway.

WORTH OF A COLLECTION

A wealthy man and his son loved to collect rare works of art. They had everything in their collection, from Picasso to Raphael. They would often sit together and admire the great works of art. When the Vietnam conflict broke out, the son went to war.

He was very courageous and died in battle while rescuing another soldier. The father was notified and grieved deeply for his only son. About a month later, just before Christmas, there was a knock at the door. A young man stood at the door with a large package in his hands.

He said, "Sir, you don't know me, but I am the soldier for whom your son gave his life. He saved many lives that day, and he was carrying me to safety when a bullet struck him in the heart and he died instantly. He often talked about you, and your love for art." The young man held out this package. "I know this isn't much. I'm not really a great artist, but I think your son would have wanted you to have this."

The father opened the package. It was a portrait of his son, painted by the young man. He stared in awe at the way the soldier had captured the personality of his son in the painting.

The father was so drawn to the eyes that his own eyes welled up with tears. He thanked the young man and offered to pay him for the picture. "Oh, no sir, I could never repay what your son did for me. It's a gift".

The father hung the portrait over his mantle. Every time visitors came to his home he took them to see the portrait of his son before he showed them any of the other great works he had collected. The man died a few months later. There was to be a great auction of his paintings. Many influential people gathered, excited over seeing the great paintings and having an opportunity to purchase one for their collection.

On the platform sat the painting of the son. The auctioneer pounded his gavel. We will start the bidding with this picture of the son.

Who will bid for this picture?" There was silence.

Then a voice in the back of the room shouted, "We want to see the famous paintings. Skip this one." But the auctioneer persisted. "Will someone bid for this painting? Who will start the bidding? $100, $200?" Another voice shouted angrily. We didn't come to see this painting. We came to see the Van Goghs, the Rembrandts. Get on with the real bids!"

But still the auctioneer continued. "The son! The son! Who'll take the son?" Finally, a voice came from the very back of the room. It was the longtime gardener of the man and his son. "I'll give $10 for the painting." Being a poor man, it was all he could afford.

"We have $10, who will bid $20?"

"Give it to him for $10. Let's see the masters" someone shouted.

"$10 is the bid, won't someone bid $20?"

The crowd was becoming angry. They didn't want the picture of the son. They wanted the more worthy investments for their collections.

The auctioneer pounded the gavel. "Going once, twice, SOLD for $10!"

A man sitting on the second row shouted, "Now let's get on with the collection!"

The auctioneer laid down his gavel. "I'm sorry, the auction over."

"What about the paintings?"

"I am sorry. When I was called to conduct this auction, I was told of a secret stipulation in the will. I was not allowed to reveal that stipulation until this time. Only the painting of the son would be auctioned. Whoever bought that painting would inherit the entire estate, including the paintings. The man who took the son gets every thing!

POINTS TO PONDER

A young man, a student in one of the universities, was one day taking a walk with the Professor, who was commonly called the student's freind,from his kindness to those who waited on his instructions.

As they went along, they saw lying in the path a pair of old shoes which they supposed to belong to a poor man who was employed in a field close by and who had nearly finished his day's work.

The student turned to the Professor saying:" Let us play the man a trick; we will hide his shoes and conceal ourselves behind the bushes and wait and see his perplexity when he cannot find them."

"My young friend," answered the Professor," we should never amuse ourselves at the expense of the poor.But you are rich and may give yourself much pleasure by means of this poor man. Put a coin in each shoe, and we will hide ourselves and watch how this affects him."

The student did so and they both placed themselves behind the bushes close by. The poor man soon finished his work, and came across the field to the path where he had left his coat & shoes.

While putting on his coat he slipped his foot into one of his shoes but feeling something hard, he stooped down to feel what it was,and found the coin. Astonished and wonder were seen upon his countenance, he gazed upon the coin, turned it around,and looked at it again and again.He then looked around him on all sides, but no person to be seen. He now put the coin into his pocket , and proceeded to put on the other shoe; but his surprise was doubled on finding the other coin.

His feelings overcame him, he fell upon his knees, looked upto heaven & uttered aloud a fervent thanksgiving in which he spoke of his wife, sick & helpless, and his children without bread, whom this timely bounty, from someone unknown would save from perishing.

The student stood there , deeply affected and his eyes fileld with tears.

"Now , " said the Professor, are you not much better pleased than if you had played your intended trick?"

The youth replied " You have taught me a lesson which I will never forget .I feel now the truth of these words, which I never understood before."Its more blessed to give than to receive."

IF YOU WANT TRUE HAPPINESS..........

For an HOUR....... Take a nap

For a DAY ........... Go fishing

For a MONTH...... Get married.

For a Year.............. Inherent a Fortune

For a LIFETIME......HELP SOMEONE

Always keep your head up but keep your nose at a friendly level.

Maintain A P o s i t i ve Mental Attitude

A positive mental attitude results from a life dedicated to self-impro v e m e n t

and service. With a personal commitment to doing your best today, you don’t

have to be overly concerned about tomorrow. You can be confident that good

things will happen and be equally confident that if trouble comes you will have

the strength and skills to cope, take control and then conquer. You are tough.

You stay at it. You don’t allow your doubts to destroy your dreams. Hope does

spring etern a l .

You are thankful to have the curiosity to keep learning. You are grateful to

see opportunity knock so often. You are thankful to have the personality to keep

making new friends. Your mind can only hold one thought at a time so make

that one thought positive. Count your blessings. The way is clear. The world is

a better place because you are in it..

IF and WHEN by Catherine Pulsifer

IF and WHEN were friends. Every week they met and had

lunch. Their conversation usually centered on all the

things they were going to achieve. They both had many

dreams and they loved to talk about them.

This particular Saturday when they met, WHEN sensed

that IF was not in a great mood. As usual they sat at

the table reserved for them and ordered their lunch.

Once they placed their order, WHEN questioned IF. "IF

what is wrong with you? You don't seem your usual

cheery self?"

IF looked at WHEN and replied, "I'm not sure, I just

don't feel like I am making any progress. This last

week I saw a course I wanted to take if only I had the

time to take it."

WHEN knew exactly how IF felt. "Yeah," replied WHEN,

"I too saw a course and I am going to register when I

get enough money together." WHEN then said, "well what

about that new job you were going to apply for. You

were so excited about it last week, did you apply?"

IF responded, "If my computer didn't break down last

week, I would have applied. But, my computer is not

working, so I could not type my resume."

"Don't worry about it IF, when you are ready another

job will come through. I have been thinking about

looking for another job also, but I will wait and when

the weather gets nicer I will look then." WHEN then

went on to tell IF about his week, hoping that it

would cheer him up a bit.

The man at the next table couldn't help overhear WHEN

and IF. They both were talking about when this and if

that, finally he couldn't take it anymore. "Excuse me

gentlemen," the man said. IF and WHEN both looked at

the man and wondered what he wanted. The man

continued, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't help hearing

your conversation. I think I know how you could solve

your problems."

IF smiled and thought, how could a complete stranger

know how to solve all of their problems. If only he

knew. When he realized the challenges they faced there

was no way he could solve their problems! Curious, IF

asked the gentleman, "How do you think you can solve

our problems?"

The gentleman smiled and said, "You only need listen

to yourselves. It reminds me of an old proverb:

'If and When were planted, and Nothing grew'."

IF and WHEN looked puzzled. The gentleman smiled and

said, "Start counting how many times you use the words

'if' and 'when'. Rather than thinking 'if and when',

start doing, take action, stop talking about 'if and

when'."

IF and WHEN both looked surprised, and suddenly

realized that what the gentleman had said was so true.

Both of them were guilty of thinking, acting and

living their life for the "ifs and whens". The

gentleman left and IF and WHEN's conversation changed.

They made a pact that when they met for lunch next

week, there would be no "ifs and whens"; they would

only talk about what they accomplished!

No Comments Please

COZABLE NATURE

I want to ask u a favour i think u owe me that

i want my love returned i want it back. you walked away with all my love you took away my herat you gathered what was left of me then tore my life apart though i regret that it's over

i know it has to end but do have to be strangae.

why can't we, still be friends????

i thought people were wrong

i thought i knew u well,

but you turned out to be someone else

it's true that only time will tell....

if u have decided that's really over

and you have decided that u don't care

so be it , i ll let u go

but don't u ever come back....

don't you dare

before i walk away from all this

before i tell myself were really though

just here me out for the last time

Why did you leave

I need to know

dont you love me

dont you care anymore

did I done something wrong

did I hurt you that bad

that you have to do this to me

And make me so bad

what makes me so sad

what makes me so upset

Is that fact

I dont even now the reason why you left

you broke my herat

you caused me so much pain

In my life you left a satin

A dead rose is all you have left

A broken heart

A few burnt letters

An end to a beautiful start

You think of dreams,

On which you ponder,

Which have no meaning,

When you wonder.

Characters are seen,

But some are unknown,

Awaken the mind as it is shown.

Soft and kind,

Pleasant, not true,

Do not wake up,

Because they are not true.

Dreams that play in your mind,

Are only for your tender kind.

Funny But True

Application Form For Politicians

Application Form To Be Filled For Contesting Indian Elections ----------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Name of Candidate : _______________________

2. Present Address

(i) Name of Jail : _______________________

(ii) Cell Number : _______________________

3. Political Party : _______________________ (List ONLY the Last Five parties in the Chronological (Order)

4. Sex: [ ]

A - Male

B - Female

C - Mayawati

5. Nationality: [ ]

A - Italian

B - Indian

6. Reasons for leaving last party (circle one or more)

A - Defected

B - Expelled

C - Bought out

D - None of above

E - All of above

7. Reasons for contesting elections (circle one or more)

A - To make money

B - To escape court trial

C - To grossly misuse power

D - To serve the public

E - I have no clue (if you choose "D, attach Certificate of Sanity from a Recognized Government Psychiatrist)

8. How many years of public service experience do you possess?

A - 1-2 yrs

B - 2-6yrs

C - 6-15yrs

D - 15+yrs

9. Give details of any criminal cases pending against you (Use as many Additional Sheets as you want)

10. How many years have you spent in Jail? [ ] (Do not confuse with question 8)

A - 1-2 years

B - 2-6 years

C - 6-15 years

D - 15+years

11. Are you involved in any financial scams? [ ]

A - Why not

B - Of Course

C - Definitely

D - I deny it all

E - I see a foreign hand.

12. What is your Annual Corruption Income? [ ]

A - 100-500 Crores

B - 500-1000 Crores

C - Overflow... (Convert all your $ earning from Hawala etc to Rupees)

13. Do you have any developmental plans for India in mind? [ ]

A - No

B - No

C - No

D - No

14. Describe your achievements in space provided: [_________]

Thumb Impression of candidate (Not that of the person who filled the form)

JUST 4 FUN

BE THINKFUL

Do Read this ......and plz dont ignore the fact....

>

> Mobile users, note ...

>

> This Real story was told by a house-man in a local

> hospital in Bangalore.

>

> A 4 year old girl was admitted due to leg fracture.

As

> it was an open fracture, she had to undergo an

> operation to stitch the protruding bone back in

place.

>

>

> Though it was quite a minor operation, she was

hooked

> on to a life support system, as a part of the

process.

> The doctors had to input some data prior to the

> operation to suit different conditions. Thereafter,

> the operation proceeded. Half way through the

process,

> the life support system suddenly went dead.

>

> The culprit: Some idiot was using his/her hand-phone

> outside the operation theatre. And the frequency had

> affected the system. They tried to track the fellow

> but to no avail. The little girl, young and innocent

> as she was, died soon after. Sad to say, she was an

> only child.

>

> Message: Be compassionate! Do not use your hand

phone

> at any hospital or places where you are told not to

> use it. You might not be caught in the act, but you

> might have killed someone without knowing.

>

> Please pass this to as many, since most of us are

just

> not aware of the seriousness of this issue.

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared; he sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could and it could go no farther. Then the man decided to help the butterfly, so he took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body,which would contract in time.Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly. What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening were nature's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If nature allowed us to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. And we could never fly...

THERE IS NO SHORT CUT FOR SUCCESS THEN HARD WORK.

Funny

GOL ZINDAGI(Circle of Life)

Zindagi Hai To Khwaab Hai

Khwaab Hai To Manzilein Hai

Manzilein Hai To Fasaley Hai

Fasaley Hai To Rastey Hai

Rastay Hai To Mushkilein Hai

Mushkilein Hai To Hausla Hai

Hausla Hai To Vishawas Hai

Vishvas hai to Paisa hai

Paisa hai to Shohrat hai

Shohrat hai to Izzat Hai

Izzat hai to Ladki hai

Ladki hai to Tension hai

Tension hai to Concern hai

Concern hai to a Khayaal hai

Khayaal hai to Khwaab hai

Khawab hai to Growth hai

Growth hai to Zindagi hai

Zindagi hai to khwaab hai

Matlab duniya Gol Gol hai

Bas ghumnewala chahiye......

Applying this to any project

Requirements hai to design hai

Design hai to Development hai

Development hai to Testing hai

Testing hai to Defects hai

Defects hai to Fixing hai

Fixing hai to More Defects hai

More Defects hai to Rework Hai

Rework hai to Analysis hai

Analysis hai to Requirements hai

Requirements hai to Design hai

Design hai to Development hai

Matlab Project Gol Gol hai

Bus ghumnewala chahiye...

:wink:

HOW MANY FRIENDS DO U HAVE...

The better part of every life,

Is spent in making friends,

The years leave many broken things,

That only kindness mends!

The slender chain of gold that links

Two hearts can hold its own,

A burden shared is lighter

Than the one we bear alone!

Somehow the road grows shorter,

Walking hand and hand,

Seeing tenderness in eyes,

That truly understand!

And thus it is until life ends,

We spend the best years ... Making Friends!

Wanna Be a Good Public Speaker .Try reading these occassionally...your talking skills, clarity will increase....It will definitely help you if you are a public speaker....

Toungue Twisters

Peter bought a butter, The butter Peter bought was bitter.

So Peter bought a better butter, To make the bitter butter better.

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers.

Did Peter Piper pick a peck of pickled peppers?

If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers,

where's the peck of pickled peppers Peter Piper picked?

Betty Botter had some butter, "But," she said, "this butter's bitter.

If I bake this bitter butter, it would make my batter bitter.

But a bit of better butter-that would make my batter better."

So she bought a bit of butter, better than her bitter butter,

And she baked it in her batter, and the batter was not bitter.

So 'twas better Betty Botter bought a bit of better butter.

Six thick thistle sticks. Six thick thistles stick.

A big black bug bit a big black bear, made the big black bear bleed blood.

The sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick.

Pope Sixtus VI's six texts.

She sells sea shells by the seashore. The shells she sells are surely seashells.

So if she sells shells on the seashore, I'm sure she sells seashore shells.

Surely Sylvia swims!" shrieked Sammy, surprised.

Someone should show Sylvia some strokes so she shall not sink."

Shy Shelly says she shall sew sheets. Sam's shop stocks short spotted socks.

A flea and a fly flew up in a flue. Said the flea, "Let's fly!"

Said the fly, "Let's flee!" So they flew through a flaw in the flue.

Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?

Lesser leather never weathered wetter weather better.

A bitter biting bittern Bit a better brother bittern,

And the bitter better bittern Bit the bitter biter back.

And the bitter bittern, bitten, By the better bitten bittern, Said: "I'm a bitter biter bit, a lack!"

Mr. See owned a saw. And Mr. Soar owned a seesaw.

Now See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw before Soar saw See,

Which made Soar sore.

Had Soar seen See's saw before See sawed Soar's seesaw,

See's saw would not have sawed Soar's seesaw.

So See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw.

But it was sad to see Soar so sore

Just because See's saw sawed Soar's seesaw!

The boot black bought the black boot back.

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood as a

woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

We surely shall see the sun shine soon.

Which witch wished which wicked wish?

• 2 weeks later...

The ultimate motivator is defeat. Once you are

defeated, you have nowhere to go except the top.

Then only thing stopping you is yourself.

There is no guarantee that tomorrow will come. So do

it today.

Intentions don't count, but action's do.

Don't let who you are, stunt what you want to be.

Success is the greatest motivator.

Your goals must be clear, but the guidelines must be flexible.

The Power Of Positive Thinking

Norman Vincent Peale

A man once telephoned Norman Vincent Peale. He was

despondent and told the reverend that

he had nothing left to live for. Peale invited the man

over to his office. "Everything is gone,

hopeless," the man told him. "I'm living in deepest

darkness. In fact, I've lost heart for living

altogether."

The famous author of The Power of Positive Thinking

smiled sympathetically.

"Let's take a look at your situation," he said calmly.

On a sheet of paper he drew a vertical line

down the middle. He suggested that they list on the

left side the things the man had lost, and on

the right, the things he had left. "You won't need

that column on the right side," said the man

sadly. "I have nothing left, period."

Peale asked, "When did your wife leave you?"

"What do you mean? She hasn't left me. My wife loves

me!"

"That's great!" said Peale enthusiastically. "Then

that will be number one in the right-hand

column—Wife hasn't left. Now, when were your children