from experience lessons that last.

Look ahead to see where you are going,

look behind to see where you have been.

Look inside to discover your purpose,

then let your life’s voyage begin.

Take care as you sail to your future.

Share kindness with people you meet.

Take heart in the oceans you conquer,

till your journey through life is complete.

And when your life’s voyage is over,

when your sun starts to set in the sea,

pass on to the next generation

the joy that the journey can be.

• 2 months later...

20 Dollar an hour

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.

"Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

"Yeah sure, what is it?" replied the man.

"Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"

"That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.

"I just want to know. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?" pleaded the little boy.

"If you must know, I make $20 an hour."

"Oh," the little boy replied, with his head down. Looking up, he said, "Daddy, may I please borrow $10?"

The father was furious, "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behavior."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.

The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions.

How dare he ask such questions only to get some money? After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think:

Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that $10 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.

"Are you asleep, son?" He asked.

"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier," said the man, "It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $10 you asked for."

The little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you daddy!" He yelled. Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man, seeing that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, then looked up at his father.

"Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled.

"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.

"Daddy, I have $20 now. Can I buy an hour of your time? Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."

It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent sometime with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

A modern woodcutter

One day, while a woodcutter was cutting a branch of a

tree above a river, his axe fell into the river.

When he cried out, God appeared and asked," Why are you crying?"

The woodcutter replied that his axe has fallen into water.

Then God went down into the water and reappeared with a golden axe.

"Is this your axe?" God asked.

The woodcutter replied, "No."

God again went down and came up with a silver axe.

"Is this your axe?" he asked.

Again, the woodcutter replied, "No."

God went down again and came up with an iron axe. "Is this your axe?" God asked.

The woodcutter replied," Yes."

God was pleased with the man's honesty and gave him

all three axes to keep, and the woodcutter went home happily.

One day while he was walking with his wife along the

riverbank, the woodcutter's wife fell into the river.

When he cried out,God again appeared and asked him,

"Why are you crying?"

"Oh God , my wife has fallen into the water!"

God went down into the water and came up with Jennifer Lopez.

"Is this your wife?" he asked.

"Yes," cried the woodcutter.

God was furious. "You cheat! That is an untruth!"

The woodcutter replied, "Oh, forgive me God . It is a misunderstanding.

You see, if I said 'no' to Jennifer Lopez,

You will come up with Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Then if I also say 'no' to her, You wi l l come up with my wife, and I will say 'yes,'

and then all three will be given to me.

But God , I am a poor man and I will not be able to

take care of all three wives, so *that's* why I said 'yes' this time.

Sorry Gentleman I can't be serious all the time !

The moral of the story is whenever a man lies it is

for an honourable and useful reason

see....we're not so bad after allllllll !!

hahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahaha!!!! that's soooo true ... (note to self: now i have an excuse for lying! :D)

btw, that $20 stories nice... also a reminder to appreciate what's important in life, something that's all too often neglected.

What are you leaving behind?

As a young man, Al was a skilled artist, a potter. He had a wife and two fine sons. One night, his oldest

son developed a severe stomachache. Thinking it was only some common intestinal disorder, neither Al nor

his wife took the condition very seriously. But the malady was actually acute appendicitis, and the boy

died suddenly that night.

Knowing the death could have been prevented if he had only realized the seriousness of the situation, Al's

emotional health deteriorated under the enormous burden of his guilt. To make matters worse his wife

left him a short time later, leaving him alone with his six-year-old younger son. The hurt and pain of the

two situations were more than Al could handle, and he turned to alcohol to help him cope.

In time Al became an alcoholic. As the alcoholism progressed, Al began to lose everything he possessed -

his home, his land, his art objects, everything. Eventually Al died alone in a San Francisco motel

room.

When I heard of Al's death, I reacted with the same disdain the world shows for one who ends his life with

nothing material to show for it. "What a complete failure!" I thought. "What a totally wasted life!"

As time went by, I began to re-evaluate my earlier harsh judgment. You see, I knew Al's now adult son,

Ernie. He is one of the kindest, most caring, most loving men I have ever known. I watched Ernie with his

children and saw the free flow of love between them. I knew that kindness and caring had to come from

somewhere.

I hadn't heard Ernie talk much about his father. It is so hard to defend an alcoholic. One day I worked up my

courage to ask him. "I'm really puzzled by something," I said. "I know your father was basically the only one

to raise you. What on earth did he do that you became such a special person?"

Ernie sat quietly and reflected for a few moments. Then he said, "From my earliest memories as a child

until I left home at 18, Al came into my room every night, gave me a kiss and said, 'I love you, son.'"

Tears came to my eyes as I realized what a fool I had been to judge Al as a failure. He had not left any

material possessions behind. But he had been a kind loving father, and he left behind one of the finest,

most giving men I have ever known.

A Lesson in Life

Everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens by chance or by means of good or bad luck. Illness, injury, love, lost moments of true greatness and sheer stupidity all occur to test the limits of your soul. Without these small tests, if they be events, illnesses or relationships, life would be like a smoothly paved, straight, flat road to nowhere.

If someone hurts you, betrays you , or breaks you heart, forgive them. For they have helped you learn about trust and the importance of being cautious to who you open your heart to.

If someone loves you, love them back unconditionally, not only because they love you, but because they are teaching you to love and opening your heart and eyes to things you would have never seen or felt without them.

Make every day count. Appreciate every moment and take from it everything that you possibly can, for you may never be able to experience it again.

Talk to people you have never talked to before, and actually listen. Hold your head up because you have every right to. Tell yourself you are a great individual and believe in yourself, for if you don't believe in yourself, no one else will believe in you either.

You can make of your life anything you wish. Create your own life and then go out and live it.

• 5 months later...

Anatomy of a True Friend

Eyes:Will always see you for the way you really are, your true self.

Ears:Will always have them open to listen.

Mouth:To always tell you the truth and give their opinions, tell you when you mess up or do something good.

Shoulders:Will offer when you need one to cry on and will be your strength when you find it hard to carry yourself. Will always let you lean on them.

Heart:To love you for who you are and not judge. Will always have a place there for you.

Hands:To hold yours when you need a little guidance, to lend when you need help, and to help you up when you may fall.

Arms:Will always make you feel comfortable in them and to offer hugs when you need one. Will try to warm when you are cold.

Feet:To walk with you throughout your life and be the best friend they can be.

You're a True Friend! Thank you for being there for me!