Hindu Tactics- Things never change

Guest BikramjitSingh

PN

There's something called a census. The brits conducted one every decade until 1941. The figures I got were from the 1941 census. Even though this census was heavily weighed against the Sikhs since many lakhs of sikh soldiers were fighting in ww2 but still the sikh figures were greater than those of 1931

You know Harmless Ji, im not trying to argue with you over nothing, but i dont give suffering of Muslims or Hindus any less importance than suffering of Sikhs at time of partition. I also dont romanticize Sikh history to suit political agendas or just plain ego. (Not saying that you do).

And lets not give less importance of Sikh suffering in the hands of Hindus as opposed to Muslims. If you ask me East Punjab along with it's Sikh inhabitants would have been better off with Pakistan then India. At least the Pakistanis are Punjabis as well and racially the same to Punjabi Sikhs. Punjabi Hindus are denying themselves their true ethnicity/race for the sake of Hinduism but I think they're finally waking up.

Gur Fateh!

Harmless,

re: East African Dastaar.

Contrary to what many suggest, whilst this style of turban became popular in East Africa, its origins are in Indian stemming from the Sikhs in the Military.

Take a look at the SikhCyberMuseum or the WarriorSaints book for pictures of Sikhs in the Army during the late 19th and early 20th century and you'll see what I mean. It was also during this time that the Sikhs went to East Africa, most were artisans and skilled workers brought in to help contrust much of the infrastructure that the British wished to develop.

Hope this helps.

Gur Fateh!

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

It was indeed the East African Sikhs during the 1970s who helped reform this trend of shedding one's Kesh and identity by refusing to part with their Khalsa Identity and combining their practice as Sikhs with professional jobs (as they had done in East Africa).

I know little about the integration of East African Sikhs with Sikhs already settled in England who came straight from Punjab.

Was there any initial distrust or animosity between the two groups?

PN ji, the reign of Maharaja was a a true secular rule, but within the secularist state the Khalsa panth was safeguarded as ware moslems and Hinduism. Maharaja's army in addition to Sikhs, Moslems and Hindus also consisted of Europeans.

Too bad that this is not the Punjab of today...

PN

There's something called a census. The brits conducted one every decade until 1941. The figures I got were from the 1941 census. Even though this census was heavily weighed against the Sikhs since many lakhs of sikh soldiers were fighting in ww2 but still the sikh figures were greater than those of 1931

Sher Shaib, do you have a copy of the 1941 census, if so, please let me know where i could find a copy. Or if you had found it on the net please put a link here.

I had come across an Imperial Gazetteer of British India (From 1930's i think) online but cant remember what site it was.

If you ask me East Punjab along with it's Sikh inhabitants would have been better off with Pakistan then India.

Jamuka i can tell you without blinking an eye that this is not true, way off the mark... You may be aware of Jinnah's call to 'Direct Action' and you may be aware of the militant wing of the Muslim League called the Muslim National Guards. Well, mass riots and killings of Hindus and Sikhs all over West Punjab (From Rawalpindi to Multan and even to Amritsar) were largely organized by the Muslim National Guards.

The attacks on Sikhs and Hindus of Lyallpur, Sheikhupura, Gujranwala etc were all premeditated. The purpose of which was basic land and property grabbing, but to the ordinary Muslim it was "revenge" as they had been fed on hate propaganda which motivated them to carry out murders, rapes, kidnapping etc.

My Grandfather went to Pakistan twice after 1947, to say he didnt get a warm welcome is a gross understatement. Plenty of Gurdwaras and Mandirs had been vandlaized or destroyed (Doors and windows smashed or pillaged etc) some even used as a pen for keeping animals...

Even after independence there were still riots and killings going on in West Punjab. I know this because there had been relatives of mine who did not leave in time and were not seen again.

If all of Punjab had been awarded to Pakistan, im pretty sure they would have tried to crush the life out of Sikhism and every single Sikh.

At least the Pakistanis are Punjabis as well and racially the same to Punjabi Sikhs. Punjabi Hindus are denying themselves their true ethnicity/race for the sake of Hinduism but I think they're finally waking up.

Unfortunately, lack of education, frustration, and emotions being whipped up by religious fanatics was enough to break Punjabiyat in 1947 and again in 1966.

We had it good once (Punjabis). But how the mighty have fallen, and continue to fall...