How to tackle this question ?

Ideal Singh

Sat Sri Akal:

Eh? What happened to Tim McVeigh? Old Anglo-Saxon Christian took out a building...

Then you got Israel President, who goes around doing helicopter attacks on Palestine...

Then you got the Chinese who kill Tibetans...

Etc...Etc...Etc...

Essentially, every nation has produced some not-so-nice people. Just that the person who is asking the question forgets their peeps probably did something bad too.

P.S. Mounted Police released a statement back in the day that said that if you want to know who blew up Air India plane, go look in Indian Embassy.

Forgive my ingorance

First of all I Think Ideal's question is lame..

and the Answer is as Amardeep Bhaji Said..

u only need common sense

One thing I dont understand because of lack of knowledge..is

The Sikhs who did it..

why did they so it :?

Was it because they wanted ppls attention or what

I heard it was sometihng like that

any one got n e answers?

cause if i read somewhere i'm only gonna get pure propaganda :?

Another question in this regard... Hope not another dumb one... :oops:

As a Sikh how do you associate with Kanishka Plane Bombing ? As a Sikh Do you applaud this action or distant yourself from this act ?

How should Sikhs should, generally, present/defend ourselves, in this regard if encountered with this question openly ?

Even though these questions are quite lame, i would try to answer them as i have nothing better to do :D

As a Sikh Do you applaud this action or distant yourself from this act ?

My Answer to a Christian : As a Christian Do you applaud the actions of Tim McVeigh or distant yourself from this act ?

My Answer to a Muslim : As a Muslim Do you applaud the actions of 9/11 or distant yourself from this act ?

and the list goes on...........

No one has the right to make us feel guilty for the actions of other indviduals.

A question to the person who is coming up with these questions , What does being SIKH have to do with these questions?

Another question in this regard... Hope not another dumb one... :oops:

As a Sikh how do you associate with Kanishka Plane Bombing ? As a Sikh Do you applaud this action or distant yourself from this act ?

How should Sikhs should, generally, present/defend ourselves, in this regard if encountered with this question openly ?

There are over 23 millions Sikhs in the world. Kaniska was the work of some individuals representing their own interests, not the interests of the Sikh Kaum.

I associate with the over 100K Sikhs who faught for freedom during WW1 and WW2.

Actions taken by individuals does not represent the Sikh faith.

Read Bhai Khanaiya and his selfless service to humanity even treating the enemy ... that is Sikhi.

There are over 23 millions Sikhs in the world. Kaniska was the work of some individuals representing their own interests, not the interests of the Sikh Kaum.

I associate with the over 100K Sikhs who faught for freedom during WW1 and WW2.

Actions taken by individuals does not represent the Sikh faith.

Read Bhai Khanaiya and his selfless service to humanity even treating the enemy ... that is Sikhi.

:bow: :bravo: :bow: :bow: :bow: :pray:

DHAN SIKHI!

A sikh is that who sees god in all....just because one wears a Pug and has a beard blows up a plane, does not mean he is a sikh. He cannot be a sikh for he is an impostor hiding under the clothes of a Doctor. a murderer lies in mind of an individual not in his clothes or his appearence.

We acknowledge the outside appearence and we lable them, but we forget that in which truth lies. A Sikh is full of Compassion and love for humanity. A doctor is that who can heal other without wearing his white coat because the power, the knowledge does not lie in his clothes or his Stethoscope but within him.

A sikh is that who sees god in all....just because one wears a Pug and has a beard blows up a plane, does not mean he is a sikh. He cannot be a sikh for he is an impostor hiding under the clothes of a Doctor. a murderer lies in mind of an individual not in his clothes or his appearence.

We acknowledge the outside appearence and we lable them, but we forget that in which truth lies. A Sikh is full of Compassion and love for humanity. A doctor is that who can heal other without wearing his white coat because the power, the knowledge does not lie in his clothes or his Stethoscope but within him.

Nicely sida :) :yo:

well in my opinion no one religion is "perfect" or good in a way, same with the cultural aspect as well... we all have our bad ones, the good ones and the neutral.. its just ignorance to think that a whole section of one religion is to blame for a few peoples choices....

its important to be knowledgable about others backgrounds and relgions and cultures...

so if someone ever blames your own religion/ culture or something, just say politely the are wrong, or ignore them, no point fighting an ignorant fool...

kinda off topic but stilll in the theme:::

today someone in my chem class said it was GOOD if third world countries used DDT, but not us!! I was furious for their ignorance, i just raised my hand and then spoke polietly that you are ignorant to say so, and i siad my reasons (grasshopper effect etc...) lol i shut him down, lol and the class all were liek ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol but still i think i was a little mad at the moment, but the fact is that people need to TELL them that they are wrong and get their facts straight before they ASSUMe stupid remarks, DON'T let it pass it by, but at the same time don't let it GET to u, let them gain knowledge first, and if they still want to be ignorant leave em!

one, keep on smiling :)

LOL, Mann ....As everyone said...First the question doesn't even make sense..

Second of all?? ...Whats this got to do with religion ?? Its more common sense k its part of the human nature.

I think (hopefully ) in any holy book of any religion it doesn't say to take the lives of innocent individuals.....and in this world not every man belongs to a faith ...so you possible can't take all extremists back to a religion. Moreover, its got no connection no nothing with religion.

Its the anxiety, curiosity,stupidness, and the low mentality of these people that make them wanta do such things... :roll: :roll:

BTW, Ideal Singh where in da hell you come up with a such question??

The weird thing is ...when someone does a bad thing ..such as Tim McVeigh, That rehat guy, all the 9/11 terrorist get renowned on every newspaper, tv station, radio there is in this world...lol but when do the good deeders get a chance??ex: me ...heheheh jokes :wink: :wink:

• 1 month later...

Its thought provoking, an intelligent question and to my simple mind makes perfect sense. Those Hindu fanatics who are promoting Sikhs as terrorists proclaim the gross violation towards Indian Sikhs justifible by painting them as `PLANE BLOWERS'. This question lends itself to some discussion whether true or not. I think what Ideal Singh is trying to search by posing this question is the how, when confrontewd with such ludicrous claims how do we refute or what is the best way to refute.

I may be wrong.

Its thought provoking, an intelligent question and to my simple mind makes perfect sense. Those Hindu fanatics who are promoting Sikhs as terrorists proclaim the gross violation towards Indian Sikhs justifible by painting them as `PLANE BLOWERS'. This question lends itself to some discussion whether true or not. I think what Ideal Singh is trying to search by posing this question is the how, when confrontewd with such ludicrous claims how do we refute or what is the best way to refute.

I may be wrong.

No, you are right...