Where are you from?? .........In Punjab...

Sherni-E-Punjab

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hindu sikh, sikh muslim, jatt-tarkhaan batwaare ki katt si tusi hun majha-malwa-doabba vich fark paa rahe ho'

my house is better den yours

on top of that ..my room is better

on top of dat my bed is better

on top of dat my blankets are better

on top of dat my pillows are even better

on top of dat i am even better

u havent really learnt anything from this site have u?

u see i made a point , asked a question, and i got a "joke" as an answer??

are you not being a bit Harsh now

C'mon she's just kidding

and No personal attacks please we want the forum to run smoothly

i dont want to make any personal attacks , and have idea how my question stops the forum from being run smoothly :?

how pathetic *desi kuddi*

:shock:

hindu sikh, sikh muslim, jatt-tarkhaan batwaare ki katt si tusi hun majha-malwa-doabba vich fark paa rahe ho'

Dear Jogi

Take it easy... everybody is having fun... no body has picked up swords to decide, which place is better... Ah! Have they...? :roll: Naa... its naive to think on those lines... :)

I think dear Bikramjit could put some light this issue as to why there is always comparison between Malwa Sikhs and Doaba Sikhs... Let sikh-history unfold itself...

Best Regards

lol, wow what homicide did i commit by saying "doaba kicks A$$ " or any of the other members reffering to as malwa being the best

first of all, no where did we talk about sikhi ...this was just a thread to know where everyone is from...

see i dont know about your life...but there is a thing called " having fun, chilling back, joking, and messing about" ....and not taking everything as serious..

yes you have a made point...but i certainly don't think it was the time and place...btw there is a time and place to everything..

all of us took pride in where we come from...thats not a bad thing is it now??

Am i the only one from guru di nagri ??

you are basically contradicting your self here....its the same thing as if i said doaba is the best..and you take pride within your self about the only one being from amritsar..( wen i am sure there other members who just haven't posted)

tusi hun majha-malwa-doabba vich fark paa rahe ho'

asin nahi fark pa rehe, that fark is been coming along the way for god knows how long...jeh fark na hunda, asi ethe galla khatey karde huna si?? ....its the same thing....we have fark in deciding who is sikhi ..there is like manmukh, gurmukh, nihangs, and etc. etc... if we were all united, why wouldn't we have one name for all... the thing is we aren't all united..

u see i made a point , asked a question, and i got a "joke" as an answer?? .

yes man ...i see you made a point..but as i said..if life was to be serious at every minute and second...least i wouldn't want to live ..would you??

dont want to make any personal attacks , and have idea how my question stops the forum from being run smoothly

nah i dont thank any thing personally....but again man you live life only once...so why be serious all the time..what you get from it??

what i learn from this site is my business , and not yours......not everyone learns at the same level..and just cause they dont doesnt mean you have to harrass em eh

anyways i think enough said..

sorry if i offended you ...

but remember life isn't always about being serious....

btw, it only takes common sense to realize that i was only joking when i made those statements and ....being serious ..lol

Neways, has any of u guys who belong to jalandhar ever been to Jalandhar Kent /Shawny? My dad was in the army so we used to go to the Jalandhar kent and used to go to this supermarket thingy called ( Canteen ) for soliders. You could buy things at cheaper price than on the market. :LOL:

why is there a eye roll in the "Moved to Uk" if I may ask

Bass i got lost in one of those freshy moments :roll:

Neways, has any of u guys who belong to jalandhar ever been to Jalandhar Kent /Shawny? My dad was in the army so we used to go to the Jalandhar kent and used to go to this supermarket thingy called ( Canteen ) for soliders. You could buy things at cheaper price than on the market. :LOL:

Bass i got lost in one of those freshy moments :roll:

... :D

My childhood (5yrs to 14yrs) was spent in Jalandhar Cantt... Even today I can remember most of gali and nukkad of Cantt... Where you putup in Cantt ? You must have been to Regal Cinema and Sadar Bazzar? Oh I miss those days... those were really happy days... :(

Thanx for revitalising those moments... :cry:

lol, wow what homicide did i commit by saying "doaba kicks A$$ " or any of the other members reffering to as malwa being the best

homicide or not i dunno' it was ur second comment which was more like it'

first of all, no where did we talk about sikhi ...this was just a thread to know where everyone is from...

this is a sikh awarness site and punjab is an integral part of sikhi' u dont have to specifically mention it , its understood

see i dont know about your life...but there is a thing called " having fun, chilling back, joking, and messing about" ....and not taking everything as serious..

i dont know about ur life either ' and i do know there is something called fun,chilling back,joking, and messing about and i also know the time, place, situation and the subject matter to use it' and i dont take everything seriously and nor do i take everything as a joke'

yes you have a made point...but i certainly don't think it was the time and place...btw there is a time and place to everything..

its ur opinion it may not be right',yes there is a time and place to everything'

you are basically contradicting your self here....its the same thing as if i said doaba is the best..and you take pride within your self about the only one being from amritsar..( wen i am sure there other members who just haven't posted)

it is not the same thing as saying doaba is the best :roll: what makes u think i take pride as the only one being from amritsar? yes there maybe other members from amrtisar , i was just curious how come no one has mentioned it'

the thing is we aren't all united..

sadly true' that has been the problem and it still is........ever read about the 1st and 2nd anglo sikh wars??

what i learn from this site is my business , and not yours......not everyone learns at the same level..and just cause they dont doesnt mean you have to harrass em eh sorry if i offended you ...

btw, it only takes common sense to realize that i was only joking when i made those statements and ....being serious ..lol

well dads pind is nagra (near bungi)

mostly when i go to india i just stay in mums pind. We're like 5 mins from kariam and 10 - 15 mins from namashahr.

Namashahr has got this one Singhs shop which is where you can buy all things like kasherri and stuff.... and actually his is the only place where I found Bhai Balbir Singh Ji's cd's (paatshahi 10 colleciton) 8)

nanke si Faridkot, dadke rahge Moge

Aaj Kal Yaar Yar honni Chandigarh, Te bus rahge chuh(whisky) joge.

I M kidding.

Basically belongs to MALWA. Family now a days at Ludhiana 'n' me at sometime Chadigarh and sometime New Delhi for my studies

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

Stupid thread , but curiosity kills

Where is everyone from Punjab?? ...

Pakistani Punjab - Gujranwala and Lahore.

Indian Punjab - Fatehabad, distt Tarn Taran, Amritsar.

All are located in the Majha region of Punjab.

My family speaks Majhi dialect of Punjabi which is mainly spoken in Pakistan now.

originally from lahore and lyallpur( karachi) ,

Lyallpur is not Karachi, it has been renamed to Faisalabad.

it is punjab but on the other side of the border so cant call it apna now ....

Of course you can. My roots are in Pakistan and i still consider West Punjab 'apna'.

• 4 weeks later...