Bullying

Jungee

welll...how shall i start...

bulling is very common in school,at work.... even on the street

as a community..how should we react towards it. with current affairs alot of us are gonna get objected to this sort of prejudice also

many of our young youth face it every day...with no help from anyone....

how should we respond....violence???

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and

conscious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.

any opinions anyone

welll...how shall i start...

bulling is very common in school,at work.... even on the street

as a community..how should we react towards it. with current affairs alot of us are gonna get objected to this sort of prejudice also

many of our young youth face it every day...with no help from anyone....

how should we respond....violence???

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and

conscious stupidity." - Martin Luther King Jr.

any opinions anyone

Violence for violence doesn't solve any problem but creates more problems for you. Sorry to say but I didn't get your question so Im going to give anwser as per my understanding of your question.

If you are sikh boy or girl and you are saying that you get that kind of attitude which living in society just because you have different apprearance then I would say that educate them about yourself.

If you want to get more information regarding this then please follow the below link.

http://www.sikhnet.com/s/Light

Note: Please, let me know if we both are going in the right direction or you are just sayiing in general they way young boys bully their fellow school mates?

Regards,

i am talking generally bhaji...

i just thought that a lot of youth read this webpage...

and it would be nice to talk about this topic...

basically get every one to respond with there experiances and opinions on how we can solve this issue

yes educating them is a option.. but how???

what makes u different from a bully - if u use voilence to solve ur problems???

violence should only be used as self defence is someone is physically attacking you - obviously bullying can range from name calling - making someone feel uncomfortable - mental bulling and lastly physcially bullying someone

if someone is being physcially bullied - its most often by someone who is much bigger and tougher then them????..... not really - bullies are mostly people who are insecure within themselves - because they may have had a bad unbringin - and also been the victim of violence too - so they try to vent out their rage on someone much smaller and weaker

but in this day and age - someones retaliation to bullyin will often get them in trouble - they never say nothin to the actual agressors - so what should be done???..... i say that people should control their anger - and tell someone of higher authority - maybe ur parents - or ur teachers - and even the police if need be

I agree bullying does happen every where,

I also agree sometimes violence may not be required only as a last resort as it has always been shown

but to counter act bullying i find it is best to educate those who are unaware to the new surroundings or new ways in a non violent way but if that can not be resolved then speak to people around you that can help you, or advise you or speak to people you can trust

"A wise man makes his own decisions, an ignorant man follows the public opinion (an old chinese proverb)

this is my opinion my vaheguru help those who call on his grace for help and help those who dont....

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - by in large bullying on religous grounds can be succesfully combated by using education and teaching kids about other cultures and customs - thast the long term goal tho.

Short term you have to use the systems in place and prey they work

tho sometimes they do fail there is no obvious answer cos bullying has been around as long as humans have been around ppl will always gets picked on and sometimes yu cant fight back its up to our schools and institutions to irradicate and deal with bullying across theboard not just for particular circumstances - Tho at the mo the system seems to fail a few times to may for my liking

Heres a poem that always brings a ter to my eye about a young sikh lad in the UK who took his life after being bullied - it tugs at ur heart and forces u to empathise with the pain the poor kid must have been going through. Bullying is a crime against those least able to defend themselves and has to be eliminated completely on all grounds in all circumstances

The bits in bold are the ones that really get me and make this poem and the boys plight really hit home.

RIP Vijay singh

The Bully

By Harjit Singh Lakhan

Racist ruffian, low-down scum

Foul mouthed thug do you think its fun

To beet up a kid who's half your size?

Knock his turban and punch his eyes

He gets good grades and it makes you sick

turban-head's clever and you're so thick.

You push and punch and steal his lunch

You swing your fist his nose goes crunch

Bleeding Paki! Bloody Paki!

Swear a lot then steal his money

Grab his arms - push him to the wall

Punch! Crunch! He takes the fall

Kick! Spit! Watch him crawl

Walk away from his crying call.

Lessons start at the school from hell

Classroom's more like a prison cell

Sitting in his blood stained clothes

Tears in his eyes and a busted nose

Bully boys don't stop their taunting

No teacher saw his daily haunting

No teacher said you're a lion Singh

Be BRAVE, be STRONG but never give in

School bell rings:"Bye-Bye friends I ain't coming to hell again!"

Running home as fast as he can

No one knows his secret plan

Up the stairs for freedom call

He escapes from his body walls

Free at last from the violence

Hangs himself in deathly silence.

Where he ends we begin

Bullies won't kill another Singh

Unite as CHILDREN make the change

Don't let things stay the same

We want freedom - no more crime

We want freedom all the time

No more Singhs will die this way

Unite as CHILDREN - fight them today!

CHILDREN UNITE

IT'S TIME TO FIGHT

THE BULLY BOYS

THE RACIST NOISE

DON'T LIVE IN DREAD

TELL THE TEACHER INSTEAD

YOU'RE NOT ALONE

LET YOUR TROUBLES BE KNOWN

Dedicated to Vijay Singh, aged 13,

who hung himself at home in Manchester, after being bullied at school

teaken from : http://www.khalsapride.com/Poems/struggle/1.htm

• 3 weeks later...

i do agree dat bullin happen's everywer.

as i was bulled durin my day'z i had 2 suffer it day n nite, i had 2 face da sme ppl day n day agen but i let it get 2 me datz hw me life was messed i was a changed person has my family knew. coz i was like a a quite gurl wen i was hyper.

if u let bullin get 2 u it wil mess up ur life!! trust me on dis 1 ppl.

if i was u i wud take no notice coz if u do they wil fink dat ur soft n they can tel u wat do 2. n jus b ur own person n dnt worri bout wat they say put it in 1 ear n take it out of da ova, or jus stand up 2 dem n say IT TAKES 1 2 KNW 1!! dat way they wil fink dat ur nt soft also they may b doin dis coz they wer bullied themsleves datz y they r doin it !!

if u got a replies jus send dem i wil try my besh 2 help u as i hav already helped ppl. now wen i c dem they a al brave like im now coz i let ppl say wat they want n i dnt care!!

someone tried to start bullying on me once at skool - i pulled out my metal ruler and smacked him in the face with it..... he never tried again.... hmmmm i dont think im settin a good example :oops::P

wot is everyone chatting about here.......if someone makes fun of your phug be racist back......if they call you paki call them cracker or nigger.....if they are muslim and they make fun of guru nanak or whatever make fun of prophet mohammed and his 9yr old wife....if they push you then punch em back, if they punch you then hospitalise them.....its quite simple really...ive never been bullied but some of my friends have and thats what they do and it sorts it out.......show yah strong.....dont be a p***y and run to the teacher or whatnot.

"if someone makes fun of your phug be racist back......if they call you paki call them cracker or nigger.....if they are muslim and they make fun of guru nanak or whatever make fun of prophet mohammed and his 9yr old wife...."

I dont think that is the best option. So what you are basically saying, if some one is a moorakh, so you become a moorakh yourself. Somehow I dont think that is the best way, because you would be dropping down to their own level. If you are bullied, let your parents know or let the teacher know about the problem. If someone calls you an idiot, does that make you an idiot? If you respond to the accusation then you will have proven that you are an idiot, for example if someone calls out " Sam", you will not respond if that is not your name. If the bully knows that you are not at all affected by what they are saying so it will be pointless for him/her to continue to do that. You have to be confident and explain where necessary, if you were bullied because the other person is ignorant. I dont think that it would not be a good idea to say anything bad about the other person's religion. One thing that we are taught is to forgive, look into the sakhi of Bhai Ghanaiyaa ji.

• 4 months later...