Golden Temple on TV

Guest chamkila

Guest chamkila

I have a question about the Golden Temple, I am not sure how many of you watch Paath from Golden Temple, it comes on SKY (UK). I have one problem with the people reading from the SGGS in the Golden Temple, how come the person who is reading the SGGS does not cover his mouth, he is not showing any respect, and this being the biggest place for Sikh, and its also being watched on TV what are people going to learn from these fools. So how would I make a complain to Golden Temple about this Subject.

Thanks

Guest chamkila

Do you think that I am right about this subject, all the Nihang and other small Gurdware in Punjab the person reading the SGGS covers his mouth. So I don't understand why they have decided not to cover the person mouth.

Maybe if the people from these forums agreed with me maybe we could send some sort of joined letter from the lot of us.

Thanks

Forgive me , i am stupid but what do u mean by this topic? Are u saying that when the granthi ji is reading from the Guru sahib he has to cover his mouth to prevent any accidental spitting?

Just cos nihangs and few gurdwares do it , it doesn't mean it is the way.

Guest chamkila

Forgive me , i am stupid but what do u mean by this topic? Are u saying that when the granthi ji is reading from the Guru sahib he has to cover his mouth to prevent any accidental spitting?

I think it is the way, and if the people don't show any repect to the SGGS I think they should become hindu and have no right to read the SGGS.

I am really shock that some one could say what you just said, I really don't know what to say to you. So is it ok if the person split or cough on the SGGS would some thing like this happen in Guru Ji time.

I think it is the way, and if the people don't show any repect to the SGGS I think they should become hindu and have no right to read the SGGS.

I am really shock that some one could say what you just said, I really don't know what to say to you. So is it ok if the person split or cough on the SGGS would some thing like this happen in Guru Ji time.

Dear chamkila

:roll: ...there is such a thin line between a way of living and karam kaands... how does it matter that he convers his mouth or not... ? Since when sikhs have become so narrow minded...? Respect should be by heart not by showing off... our intensions should be clear and thats it... we should remember that God is omnipresent... He is even present in your spit... everywhere... so if your intensions are not malicious then there is nothing to make a fuss over it...

Chardi Kala

Nanaksar does it too... dont know about takshal though.. I think its nothing to do jatha's here but more to do with gurdwara's comittee :D

I agree with you completely Chamkila. They should show more respect and listen to your views. We bow to our Guru as a sign of respect, we should do our utmost to treat our Guru like royalty. Read how Baba Nand Singh Ji did Sewa of Guru Ji, we have much to learn.

I don't see those people listening to you Chamkila Ji, I mean, they are the narrow minded ones, with their silly restrictions on women doing Kirtan :x

Yes baba nand singh ji maharaj used to dig a hole on a ground and sit...read the sggs ji....soo much respect for guroo sahiban... baba nand singh ji maharaj got darshan of guroo nanak sahib nirnakar from sri guroo granth sahib ji....rumalaie of sggs ji changed to guroo nanak sahib nirankar soo much roshanii that even 100 million sun's together cant give you that much light...

have a look at this: http://www.babanandsinghsahib.org/sggs/index.htm

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hee akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal :D

Guest chamkila

I agree with you completely Chamkila. They should show more respect and listen to your views. We bow to our Guru as a sign of respect, we should do our utmost to treat our Guru like royalty. Read how Baba Nand Singh Ji did Sewa of Guru Ji, we have much to learn.

I don't see those people listening to you Chamkila Ji, I mean, they are the narrow minded ones, with their silly restrictions on women doing Kirtan :x

Thanks for agreeding with me Gurpreet, I was watching a guy reading from SGGS a few days ago on TV and he started to cough on the SGGS, this is our 11th Guru so many people have died to save Sikhi, and people find it ok to split and cough on our Guru, I just find that its mad that we think its ok.

I hope a few more people would agree with me so we could make a real complain the people you run Golden Temple.

Guest Javanmard

What's the point of complaining? I mean I agree with you: these people are horrible but they won't listen to us because they simply don't care about Sikhi :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Guest chamkila

What's the point of complaining? I mean I agree with you: these people are horrible but they won't listen to us because they simply don't care about Sikhi :evil: :evil: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I also agree with one of your points that these people don't care about sikhi. I belive you should stand up for what we belive in, if you look at the Sikh history you can see that our faith is based around on stand up for what we belive in and if some is wrong we should say some thing and speak up.

If we just sit behind our computer talk nothing will happen, we as a group should do some thing about this.

Guest Javanmard

Damdami Taksal being part of the Nirmala sampradaya is of course included.

Damdami Taksal is part of the Damdamie up-sampradaya of the Nirmala sampradaya. Founded by Baba Deep Singh Shaheed both Nirmala and Nihang!

Damdami Taksal being part of the Nirmala sampradaya is of course included.

Damdami Taksal is part of the Damdamie up-sampradaya of the Nirmala sampradaya. Founded by Baba Deep Singh Shaheed both Nirmala and Nihang!

Not quite true veer ji. Damdami Takshaal have straight prampara(lineage) from guroo gobind singh ji maharaj.. not linked with nirmalie.

I have asked takshalis singhs and they been told by the mahapursh's in their takshal :D

Guest Javanmard

I am not saying that Damadami Taksal does not have parampara going back to Guru Gobind SIngh! I am just saying that it was intended as a section of the Nirmala sampradaya. Taksal as a separate institution is not mentioned in any historical source. Neither Giani Gian SIngh nor Rattan SIngh Bhangu mention it. Nirmala sources mention it and it clearly states that it is a Nirmala institution. Chowk Mehta has a different version of the story but all the other taksals going back to Baba Sundar SIngh admit that it is part of the Nirmala sampradaya.

with love and respect

lalleshvari

wjkk

wjkf

the answer to this question cannot come out from any where it is not easy .

the thing that i can say is that it muffles the voice and it is why(i think) but may i ask do you do so when doing the path?

they r not spitting on pu5rpose but are providing seva for the sangat and so it is not really my place to critsie as icould not do path infront of so many it must be hard.

wjkk

wjkf