Who, When and Where Were Women Baptised

in the Sikh Faith ?

all help in in informing me of this would b much appreciated.

NiM

Who, When and Where Were Women Baptised

THey are baptized when ever they feel ready for being Battized

Who? the ones who feel ready :?

Where? at the Amrit SHanchar

:)

If u mean history..

they have been Baptized since Amrit SHanchar was begun (1699..not necessarily @ Vaiksahi but they have afterwards :))

i thought the question was simple enough, but i guess not.

il elaborate, as far as i know, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, did not baptize any women,

so i would like to know when the baptizing of women was introduced into the sikh faith, simple enough ?

il elaborate, as far as i know, Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji, did not baptize any women,

First time VAisakhi 1699 a WOmen did not Go up

doesn't mean they weren't at all :)

I'm not sure but I think Mai BHAGO became Mai BHAG KAUR..

By AMrit Shakna..And She Lived at Guru ji's TIme :)

Guest Javanmard

Mai Bhago had to ask explicit permission to Guru Gobind Singh to wear men's clothes which means that amritdhari women are not supposed to wear dastar unless they make the explicit statment that they become thrid gender amazones. As per maryada of Budha Dal women who fight cannot be killed on the battlefield unless they are dressed as men because they become men!

Kirpan da amrit for women is still administred by Hazur Sahib and Budha Dal!!!

Mai Bhago had to ask explicit permission to Guru Gobind Singh to wear men's clothes which means that amritdhari women are not supposed to wear dastar unless they make the explicit statment that they become thrid gender amazones. As per maryada of Budha Dal women who fight cannot be killed on the battlefield unless they are dressed as men because they become men!

Kirpan da amrit for women is still administred by Hazur Sahib and Budha Dal!!!

Dear lalleshvari veer ji,

I always being interested to know bit more about kirpan da amrit.. Can you shed more light on this matter??

For example-

Hows is it done??? Same way through panj pyarei(male) or panj pyareiiiz(female)...

whats the difference between kirpan da amrit or khandaie da phaul amrit???

Its just i m very much like to know.. i might bring my future wife( if she is non-amrit dhari) to expereince kirpan da amrit at hazor sahib...and be an buddhal dal nihangani...since i m very much beleive in variety of flavours within sikhi praticised in the household :D

akaaaaaaaaaaaaal hee akaaaaal

anand hii anand :D

Guest Javanmard

Its just i m very much like to know.. i might bring my future wife( if she is non-amrit dhari) to expereince kirpan da amrit at hazor sahib...and be an buddhal dal nihangani...since i m very much beleive in variety of flavours within sikhi praticised in the household

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: Veerji are you so sure. I mean no problem with the kirpan da amrit but becoming a Budha Dal Nihangni :shock: :shock: veerji they look like men :shock: :shock: :shock: not good for grahisti!!!

Mai Bhago had to ask explicit permission to Guru Gobind Singh to wear men's clothes which means that amritdhari women are not supposed to wear dastar unless they make the explicit statment that they become thrid gender amazones.

can u please provide historical and scriptural referance please :roll: AS I'm very ignorant about this

also any scripural referance that Woman IS NOT suppose to have DAstar would be nice

thank you

Sat Sri Akal:

Yes, historical evidence please...also, please provide historical evidence that Kirpan Da Amrit is a practice endorsed by Guru Gobind Singh Sahib. Just cause a group does something for a few years does not make it right.

Indeed, Mai Bhago is just a nickname for Mata Bhag Kaur.

P.S. Who appointed you Prom Queen judge? What...all women should be at home with braids polishing their nails looking good for their man? Mad props to the beautiful women who fight alongside their brothers for a cause!!! :mrgreen:

Neo, I'm disguisted you're taking this so lightly, Lalleshwari was asked so many times to provide references to this so called 'Kirpan da Amrit' thing he has created.

Now, I don't have anything against you Lalleshwari and you know that, but it makes me angry when you say something so degrading and sexist and without providing any references?! How many months has it been since I asked you man?! :x

Kaur ji... i did asked him on my previous post:

For example-

Hows is it done??? Same way through panj pyarei(male) or panj pyareiiiz(female)...

whats the difference between kirpan da amrit or khandaie da phaul amrit???

Now we defo need to know about this :roll: :roll:

I tasted the Amrit in Takht Sri Sachkhand Hazoor Sahib, Nanded. (See http://www.amritweb.com/my_baptism.html)

In Takht Sri Sachkhand Hazoor Sahib, they prepare 'Kirpaan Da Amrit' for women. I saw that a single Piyara recites five stanzas (or, perhaps all stanzas) from Sri Japji Sahib. He uses Kirpaan instead of Khanda while preparing the Nectar.

Same procedure is followed by some Gursikhs family, to give Amrit to a new born infant, instead of 'Chhati kaa Dhoodh'. Only five stanzas are recited.

The old history books by the Sikh writers do not tell if any women was baptised through 'Khande Dee Pahul'. 'Sri Gur Sobha', written by 'Sainapati', tells that the 'Khalsa' was created, but it does not tell if any 'Khande Dee Pahul' was distributed. 'Sainapati' was one of the 52 poets in the Holy court of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. 'Sri Gur Sobha' was written in 1711 A.D.

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

Doesn't matter where it is given, what is the history behind it? Can it be authenticated by relevant sources?! If not, then how can we establish it's validity!?

I don't see any reliable references here from people that advocate it, so I wouldn't believe in it blindly.