Who, When and Where Were Women Baptised

Doesn't matter where it is given, what is the history behind it? Can it be authenticated by relevant sources?! If not, then how can we establish it's validity!?

I don't see any reliable references here from people that advocate it, so I wouldn't believe in it blindly.

'Sri Hazoori Maryada Prabodh' is the book, who tells that the 'Kirpan Da Amrit' should be prepared for women.

I am not advocating 'Kirpan Da Amrit'. I did not say that we should distribute 'Kirpan Da Amrit' to women. I told how it is prepared in Sri Hazoor Sahib.

-Amrit Pal Singh 'Amrit'

until laalesh or anyone else who can provide historical evidence of kirpan da amrit... and not just "its available at hazoor sahib"... then this matter is not to be talked about again on this board - from its description it seems very sexist, only a single pyara recites the banis? and what a woman isnt good enough to drink from the same bata as a man??

how can this amrit be valid?.. when we have the likes of laalesh sayin without dasam granth present at amrit sanchar - ur amrit is invalid..... well what about if a man takes this so called kirpan da amrit.... only has 5 pauriya recited and doesnt have to wear a kachera..... or a dastar... is this amrit valid???

im pretty sick of people mentioning things and then havin nothing to back up their claims and then runnin around in circles - if theres no DECENT evidence of these claims then you will recieve a warning for the intension to mislead members of the board

I have banned KS for insulting the moderator's , sikhawareness site and slandering lalleshvari..he already was given a warning .. .. .Please proceed this thread as it was... dont mind ks now.. he is gone now for good :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

until laalesh or anyone else who can provide historical evidence of kirpan da amrit... and not just "its available at hazoor sahib"... then this matter is not to be talked about again on this board - from its description it seems very sexist, only a single pyara recites the banis? and what a woman isnt good enough to drink from the same bata as a man??

Did you provide the historical evidence of 'Khande Da Amrit' to women? If not, why should this matter be discussed?

:!: Stick to topic :!: I think i was bit of harsh in closing this topic. Please proceed with the topic and don't bring any personal comments.

themanfromtheasylum feel free to discuss as i think I got the idea why you brought this question.

If you want to discuss "Kirpan Da Amrit" then proceed to http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=1436 thread and post your input over there. This topic should remain with question.

so theres a different ceremony for women, like some1 mentioned earlia in the thread, interesting !

doesnt ansa my original question, but its something to look into.

the reason i asked this question is because, having researched the topic extensively, there is no reliable evidence that amrit was given to women at the time of the initiation by Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji.

if any one would care to disagree, and offer evidence id b more than willing to listen.

NiM

• 17 years later...