25 Million die of hunger a year

i think the best way to help people is giving it to them in person, or no a trusted company! when i was in kenya my cousins told me all the stuff you give to red cross, etc are just being picked up and being sold on the streets! and i am not surprised... just give when you can and be careful who u give it too! its sad, and everytime i don't finish food or anythin i feel all bad as well! sadd! :(

Yes lil_prinesss its sad.. i used to (before i took amrit) leave food too but then when i realise and sort of picture...one little girl is standing next to me and askin for food.. i ignored her and ate the food and throw the left-over in the garbage... and she cried in tears... :cry: :cry: :cry:... just by picturing that i was soo emotinally touched and never ever left an leftover food which goes in the garbage.

i ignored her and ate the food and throw the left-over in the garbage... and she cried in tears... :cry: :cry: :cry:... just by picturing that i was soo emotinally touched and never ever left an leftover food which goes in the garbage.

datz y u only take a small amount to eat first and wen u finish, and if u still feel hungry u take a lil bit more :!: or y not give da left over food to da birds, man dey eat nething and fast too :twisted: hahahah so funny :!:

I had a friend who wanted to just go and help in South Africa...but seriously, what can one person without any equipment, experience or skills, no understanding of the local ecology, actually achieve beyond short term temporary reprieve.

It is through governmental action that things like this will change. That's why I give to big politically active charities like Oxfam, who are both proactive on the ground, and at a political level. They do a lot as a pressure group, plus they send through e-mails asking you to personally petition politicians or corrupt company directors with personalised e-mails.

I've seen this kind of action work; some of you may recall about a year ago Nestle demanded Ethiopia pay back the debt they owe them for food products they sent through, just when the country was on the cusp of an even bigger famine. After a lot of negative publicity, petitioning from Oxfam, they dropped the bill.

Get on their e-mail list, send your daswandh their way, and do something more proactive than simply easing your guilt for eating too much!

you can go to www.maketradefair.com

or the oxfam website to sign up.

ssa

though i tried to shed my responsibility by giving daswandh at the gurdwara but than somewhere i know that most of it will not go to the people who really need it.

may be donating pingalwara society would have been better option.

firstly its very hard to part with money for people and when you are not sure about the rightful use that money , it becomes more difficult.

this is very depressing isnt there anything we can do to change this.

wjkk wjkf