Ways of doin Naam Simran....

vaheguroojikakhalsavaheguroojikifateh,

Most amrit-sanchars will give you mool-mantar and gurmantar. But dont really teach you how to do naam simran with the given gurmantar...

Any naam abhayasi sikhs out there who can shed some light on this matter????

We already discuss that malla does help to concentrate on naam simran.. for begineers--sayin it out loud "vaheguroo" and slowly mind starts concentrating then you sort of whisper vaheguroo, vaheguroo then the 3rd stage your tongue is moving only, not the mouth... and the 4th final stage is all the organs in the body start saying vaheguroo...then the dasam daur opens by guroo's grace....

I can only think of just two forms of doin naam simran just sittin down and straight and do naam simran...

Second one is through asans.. there are 84 asans (postures) exists.. but only three are important.. one i know padan or padam asan.. not quite sure... does someone know what are these 3 important asans out of 84???

Also, what i would like to know or emphasis for people who to do it???

What kind of thoughts comes in one's mind??? sargun saroop of our guroo sahiban (vaheguroo) or nargun (non-existant) sarrop of vaheguroo like his creations...

I myself beleive that in order to do naam simran..you have to have an picture of your guroo and murshad in your mindset to concentrate better and to control the mind thoughts..i might be wrong...

Can someone pls help this poor gareeb?? :D

akaal hii akaaaaaaaaal

anand hii anand :D

Naam Simran can be done this way.

Sit down, and close ur eyes and focus on ur trikuti (third eye) the Brow Chakara, and slowly breath in while saying Wahe and exhale saying Guru.

This is called swas swas simran. I was taught to do Naam Simran dis way when i took amrit from an Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the Panj Payray put their hand on ur head and install Naam Simran into u, thus teach u how to do it.

Or u can do naam simran shutting ur eyes, focusing on ur trikuti and singing Waheguru. However u feel like it, cuz the main thing is that u do Naam Simran. You dont really need to have a Gurus pic in ur head cuz u shold jst put ure concentration on hearing Waheguru as u utter it and focus on ur third eye, that way wen u finish, doin Naam simran u will feel dat ur mind becomes nuetral of thoughts and u feel completely relaxed.

If u feel u really need a Gurus pic in ur head den y not jst picture Guru Granth Sahib ji instead. Up to u.

Naam Simran can be done this way.

Sit down, and close ur eyes and focus on ur trikuti (third eye) the Brow Chakara, and slowly breath in while saying Wahe and exhale saying Guru.

This is called swas swas simran. I was taught to do Naam Simran dis way when i took amrit from an Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the Panj Payray put their hand on ur head and install Naam Simran into u, thus teach u how to do it.

Or u can do naam simran shutting ur eyes, focusing on ur trikuti and singing Waheguru. However u feel like it, cuz the main thing is that u do Naam Simran. You dont really need to have a Gurus pic in ur head cuz u shold jst put ure concentration on hearing Waheguru as u utter it and focus on ur third eye, that way wen u finish, doin Naam simran u will feel dat ur mind becomes nuetral of thoughts and u feel completely relaxed.

If u feel u really need a Gurus pic in ur head den y not jst picture Guru Granth Sahib ji instead. Up to u.

nice explanation, I did that and got a lot of sensations occuring at the trikuti, what does it mean? .. Also another thing I want to know is that should we recite the mool mantra first or the Gurmantra?

I heard that our minds are impure and we should first make the field for the Guru / or clean our minds of all negative thoughts and once that done we should recite the Gurmantra, Is this right?

no recite da Gurumantar, Waheguru first and den da moolmantar. reciting Waheguru will clean ur mind, thus clear it for path etc. for beta concentration. rememba God b4 u do path, "Guru Satguru Kaa Jo Sikh Akhaavay, So Bhalke Uth Har Naam Dheaavay". datz y u do naam simran b4 u start doin ur path and u can do more naam simran afta path and during da day and ur sleep in ur dreams hehe okay for dat to happen it mite take practice :!: but u get wat im sayn veer rite. :P

Guest Javanmard

N3O wrote:

I m goin to get all views.. i m gonnna get 3ho sikh on this thread as well
You mean, like, this, like, people, who do this kinda, like, white tantric stuff with the magical chakras and stuff and wear all this cosmic new age gear, like, they're coming from Shambala? :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Yes lalleshvari,

Lets get their views too.... dont want to have any leftovers or loners :D

Also lalleshvari,

Can you please post how nirmale sants/mahapursh/scholars and yourself do naam simran???

I ll get to read all the different ways then choose whats best suits me :D

Guest Javanmard

It definetly helps!!! Our Guru Sahiban are the visible aspect of God. As Krishna says in the 12th adhyaya of the Bhagavadgita, it's easier to concentrate on sagun aspect of Akal Purakh! I really like to visualise our Gurus one afetr the other mentally repeating the first part of the ardas. Or contemplating episodes of their lives. At the moment I love contemplating Guru Harikrishan and Guru Harirai holding a rose in his hand with long elaborate jamaa!

Thanks a lot for helping me to clear this doubt....I ll stick to visualizing sargun saroop of guroo sahiban while doing simran... I reckon it will help as well... :D

Also one last question... one of the tape i heard my murshad focused on 3 asans which helps while pursuing spirtual journey out of 84 Asan... would you happen to know what they are??? And how you do it???

could this be one of asan?? ?

http://www.rarasahib.com/teja2d.htm

Amazing picture of sant ji...Its been beleived sant teja singh ji rara sahibwalie...mediate like that for hours or even days.

Guest Javanmard

Thsi asan has many virtues healthwise as it brings blood into the capliary vessels: very good for your kesh!

I suggest that padmasan, shavasana and the embryonic position are good asanas but this again changes from personl to person. Sure is padmasana (under its different versions) and shavasana: gifts of AKal Purakh!!!

Dear All,

I think 'Naam Simran' can be done in a much easier manner.

The easiest way to do it is through Keertan. Heres how the young ones can do it :-)

1. Pick up any Gurbaani Shabad with a tune that appeals to your mind or a raagi whose voice the mind finds receptive.

2. Play it while u r driving/at home/doing chores..whatever.

3. At first the mind will listen because of the music appealing to you

4. Then the mind will notice the words in the Shabad

5. Once it starts noticing the words, it will be curious to know the meaning

6. Go to Guru Granth Sahib Ji (online or steeks) and try to find the meaning of the words, the meaning of the whole shabad.

7. Once you know the meaning, the mind realises the beauty in the shabad and the high values preached by our Gurus.

8. Immediatelye one will feel a sense of high ...

9. Now when u listen to the shabads, the meaning will permeate.....and love will take over.

10. The mind will start singing with the shabad

11. Tears can come in ur eyes, and the feeling will be of bliss

12. Since u have understood the meaning, anytime the mind wanders.towards physical evils.............the value of the shabad ..more or less hardwired will sound an alarm bell. (of coyurse it is up to you if u heed to it or not)

13. Grow ur Repository of Shabads then....in some time .....even the tune of the shabad will not matter..............as the first time to listen to a shabad....u will try to find its meaning

14. After a while even music stops to matter..........just reading shabads or hearing Paath will be ok. caue now u will focus on the meaning .

15. I dont think u need to repeatedly do paath ..like a parrot..

" Harhat bhi Tu Tu Karei "

Listen, sing with ur mind and most importantly hardwire the value of the shabad in your mind.

I guarantee, that if u do this, u will always find shabads, and waheguru being sung by your mind.

Keertan was also what Guru Nanak Dev Ji and other Gurus used to do. So I think this is the easiest and the best way to go about meeting God.

Regarding picturising someone, u will notice that if you follow the above mentioned methodology,the need for visulaising anyone wil vanish. Even if some pictures form, they will be of a scale and size ...that physically cannot be reproduced.

As far as asan's are concerened , I am not impressed, and thats becaue Asan's may be good for Physical well being, but I dont think concepts like opening Dasam Duar through physical asans is advocated by sikhism.

Anyway I am readfy for questions .. :-0) :D

H Singh

VAHIGUROO JI KA KHALSA VAHIGUROO JI KI FATEH!!

khandaydhaar penji...

i dont know ur intentions behind it but i would jus like to remind you of one thing....

when you took amrit from the akhand kirtani jatha and had naam dhridh, then no doubt you would also have been told that the gurmantar and its method should not be taught...i was told by the same jatha that if i did reveal it i would have to reappear before the punj and ask for forgiveness, as we can only encourage a veer or bhen ji to take khandey-di-pahul and we cannot tell of what goes on inside...

if you knew this and disagree with it let me remind you that the punj pyaareh are your guru and disobeying them is not the way of a gursikh...if you feel that someone would benefot from your explanation then i would say that the greatest benefit you can give would be 2 encourage them to take amrit...not give the secret of gurmantar away especially since the punj pyaareh have commanded not to reveal it...

a humble bentee to the moderators...could you pllease remove that from this post as it is something various jathebandee believe should be kept gupt...we are constantly reminded that what goes on in the amrit sanchaar is personal and shouldnt be discussed and i think that the maryada of a highly respected jathebandi should be respected...

Chardi Kala!

VAHIGUROO JI KA KHALSA VAHIGUROO JI KI FATEH!!

when you took amrit from the akhand kirtani jatha and had naam dhridh, then no doubt you would also have been told that the gurmantar and its method should not be taught...i was told by the same jatha that if i did reveal it i would have to reappear before the punj and ask for forgiveness, as we can only encourage a veer or bhen ji to take khandey-di-pahul and we cannot tell of what goes on inside...

I seriously cant help myself but laughing .. why this is hidden like some kinda confidential fbi speech?? I took amrit from takshal... they never told me anything like that......like you cant share with whats is being talked in amrit-sanchar to anyone....quite ridicolous if you ask me.. This issue was already discuss before i beleive...dont bring arguments on this thread...simply take it here: http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...der=asc&start=0 .

And now you are takin an piss on her for helping the sangat especially me on this thread... thats very rude of you Jassa :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

a humble bentee to the moderators...could you pllease remove that from this post as it is something various jathebandee believe should be kept gupt...we are constantly reminded that what goes on in the amrit sanchaar is personal and shouldnt be discussed and i think that the maryada of a highly respected jathebandi should be respected...

If this is helping 100 losers souls like me out there...why this should be hidden??? That sound very monaply to me :cry:

I dont see guroo nanak sahib nirankar and other guroo's hiddening stuff from the sangat???

On a serious note: I m not questioning the whole jatha, here but once its posted.. we cant just take it out because it helps poor souls like me who have bad karamic influences on their souls to do some naam simran...i wasnt taught by anyone :cry: :cry: :cry: .. so i made a new post on SA...

sorry but i dnt agree wid u jassa veer ji. da main thing is that ppl attach themselves to Guru and God through som way and if we r all travelling to da same destination and if i happen to know a beta way (im not sayn that i do, its jst an example) den wats wrong if i share dat wid my neigbour and save him/her da stress?

i wasnt told by Panj Payaray nething abt telling or not telling ne1 abt naam simran so im not aware of such restrictions. i was jst told da Gurumantar is Waheguru, which im sure 99% sikhs know. dey jst told me as to how to do it, now im only sharing my knowledge and wat ive learnt which has helped me in a good way so wats wrong if i help som1 wid dat knowledge too? :?

now if Panj Payaray had told me to sing Waheguru and den if i told som1 wud dat be wrong too????? but i beleive that Guru shud be da One to install the simran into a person now by dat i mean if som1 officially wants to get it, dey shud go to Panj Payray, i only described how u can do naam simran i didnt put my hand over som1s head and teach dem physically or nething like da way Panj Payray, only Guru can do dat! my sis is amrit shuk and she didnt get naam simran like da way i did, but she has seen me doin naam simran and other gursikhs doin it da same way and we wer all sittin in da same room and doin it, even tho my sis dsnt know how to do it, she was dere doin simran her way which was jst sayn Waheguru. now if da way i do naam simran is such a big secret den wudnt those gursikhs and i who wer in da room tell my sis to pls leave cuz we dnt want u to know how we do naam simran cuz its our secret way to do it and yeh so u know wat im sayn veer, rite?

:)

ok its up 2 u i can only tell u how i saw it..

but khandaydhaar during my amritsanchaar there was sum1 present 2 do pesh because he had revealed the method to someone else...but hey you have the right to your own opinion, and im sorry for bringing up a topic that certain members of the forum found so funny

bhull chuk maaf

ok its up 2 u i can only tell u how i saw it..

but khandaydhaar during my amritsanchaar there was sum1 present 2 do pesh because he had revealed the method to someone else...but hey you have the right to your own opinion, and im sorry for bringing up a topic that certain members of the forum found so funny

bhull chuk maaf

I found it funny and sad. Funny because guroo's teaching and your group beleif contradict each other and sad because how sikh beleif's are changing day by day.. :roll: :roll: