Ways of doin Naam Simran....

sorry to say dis but i found it pathetic cuz Gurus teachings r universal so wats dere to hide????? wats dere to be kept a secret????? i jst dont get it.

Jassa veer, pls tell me as to y dey do keep it a secret? wheres da logic behind keeping that a secret, i really wana know. pls if u dont mind, can u give a valid reason, kindly?

Thank you

fateh

8)

datz fine wid me den, but u r da one who mentioned abt this issue so i was wondering maybe u wud know abt da logic behind ur reasoning too. and as for Panj Payaray dey r not divided between ppl, like urs and mine or his and hers. and no i cant ask Panj Payray abt it cuz dey never mentioned anything abt dat so yeh end of topic. sorry if i sounded rude but dat wasnt my intention.

fateh.

Would it be wrong to do simran infront of a fire, or near the ocean ?? as i find these two things help me open my mind kinda like a mezmerising (how the hell do u spell that word) experience..

Or would that fall under idol worship?

Also to help understand death would it be wrong to do simran in a graveyard ?? as sangat has an influence on us, would doing sangat of such a place have a negative effect or help us understand death?

I found this in another post on the forum http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...p?p=23008#23008

Method of Nam - Simran (Meditation) -

Feel the presence of the Almighty within, with full faith and devotion, recite the Divine Name with the tongue in the beginning - the lips and the tongue continue gently moving up and down and slowly go on uttering 'Waheguru', 'Waheguru' at a stretch with love and attention; then by and by continue uttering 'Waheguru', 'Waheguru', gently with the tip of the tongue touching the palate and the lips remaining almost still; in the third stage with breathing - 'Wahe' should go along with the breath while inhaling and 'Guru' should emerge alongwith the breath while exhaling.

"Bahar Bhitter Eko Janaho Eh Gur giam Batai" (684)

By reciting the Divine Name in this way and after continuous intense meditation, the fourth stage is bestowed upon the searcher in which the Divine word and the devoted mind become one and merge.

"Kabir Too Too Karta To Hoohaa Mujh Meh Raha Na Hoohn.

Jab Aappa Par Ka Mit Gayaa Jat Dekhau tat Too" (1375)

But the essential requirement of all these steps of Nam-Simran is that one should do it realizing the presence of Akal Purakh within and every where.

"Gur Kee Murat Mun Meh Dhiaan.

Gur Kae Shabad Mantar Mun Maan.

Gur Kae Charan Ridae Lae Dharon.

Gur Parbrehm Sada Namaskaro" (864)

Naam Simran can be done this way.

Sit down, and close ur eyes and focus on ur trikuti (third eye) the Brow Chakara, and slowly breath in while saying Wahe and exhale saying Guru.

This is called swas swas simran. I was taught to do Naam Simran dis way when i took amrit from an Akhand Kirtani Jatha, the Panj Payray put their hand on ur head and install Naam Simran into u, thus teach u how to do it.

Or u can do naam simran shutting ur eyes, focusing on ur trikuti and singing Waheguru. However u feel like it, cuz the main thing is that u do Naam Simran. You dont really need to have a Gurus pic in ur head cuz u shold jst put ure concentration on hearing Waheguru as u utter it and focus on ur third eye, that way wen u finish, doin Naam simran u will feel dat ur mind becomes nuetral of thoughts and u feel completely relaxed.

If u feel u really need a Gurus pic in ur head den y not jst picture Guru Granth Sahib ji instead. Up to u.

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

I was listening to Sant Isher Singh Ji's tape and they were saying that if you recite waheguru at certain places then the benefit is more. If you to do it at nabhi then the effect is 1000 times more then just reciting. Also, at this stage the whole body is absorbed in Naam Simran, You are not reciting the naam but you are constantly thinking in your mind. You also hear the anahat shabad here.

After this stage they say that you will come to recite it at the trikuti, and various things happen here as well. After this is over, you will enter the daswan dwaar or the tenth door, which is hidden.

My question was that should we recite waheguru at these special places like the nabhi or trikuti? or just normal recitation

I think there are certain stages that a abhyasi goes through.. But im not sure. It would be nice if someone can post all that in detail

Like Jassa, i dont agree either with telling others about how i was taught to do simran.. and no i havent taken amrit from AKJ or taksal, etc. But logically, i dont think it is RIGHT to tell others how i was taught to do it. Amrit is like a "rebirth", its a start of a new life.

Take is this way, when a woman gives birth to her child does she expose herself to everyone???? no. When a child is born, the woman legs are covered. Privacy? Woman "body" or the child's birth?... hmmm....

I dont think a women, gives add on internet or in new papers telling everyone to come out and see her to tell everyone how she gave birth to her child with all the details,... no is kept quiet, private... It stays between those who were at the "ceremony" mom-dad-husband,doc nurses...

its the same thing with naam simran... it is a private ceremony.. isnt it? or is it done in public???? by public i mean, done in front pf people other then those who are actually taking amrit? i dont think so. If its done privatelly, that means there is something private about it! Everything that is done during amrit sanchar is private, including all the talks between the abhlakhees and the panj pyarays. If a person goes for peshi because he did paraya sang, i dont think he would like the rest of the world to know about it!?... EVERYTHING done during a amrit sanchar is private. everything that happens during a amrit is private. FOr god's sake its a private ceremony, and thats the way it should be and stay!!

anyways, i dont agree on telling people how to do simran.... cause its like you being A PANJ PYARA AND GURU!,.. are you? i seriously doubt.

what is the difference between all those "dehdharee gurus" giving out mantar etc and tru sikhi? thats the difference... THE PANJ PYARAYS! the panj gives naam, the panj give how to live your sikhi... cause during that special private ceremony, the panj pyarays are THE GURU....

who care about if or not they told you to keep quiet about naam simran or whatever... that a private ceremony, you neighbor or boss from work was not invited to joina nd WATCH the ceremony, it was done privately, so shut up and keep it that way.

and no by giving out the WAY OF DOING NAAM, will not help anyone... beleive me... its the jaag, by amrit-khanday dee pahul, that will help.

if youa re giving out the way of doing naam, its like you are telling someone how to make Dahee valee lasee, without dahee... it doesnt work like that my dear fellows, i tried.

do no. its not right to diclose anything about any PRIVATE ceremony, woul dit be amrit sanchar, the birth of a child, the bed time with your wife.. anything...

keep them to yourself... if the way you are telling has helped YOU in attaining a certain level of sprituality, how did you determine the level of sprituality int he first place?and if you are at a certain very high level that ALOOWS you to give out the way to attain the ultimate GOD-Guru anyways, you would not be here chatting up people, and telling then anything, you would be doing naam simran THAT way of yours.

So..... keep it to yourself.

it not only confuses others in search, but bashing out the name of panj pyarays... saying MY panj said this and YOUR panj said that...

so, better keep it quiet.

Thank.

Like Jassa' date=' i dont agree either with telling others about how i was taught to do simran.. and no i havent taken amrit from AKJ or taksal, etc. But logically, i dont think it is RIGHT to tell others how i was taught to do it.[/quote']

da topic of this thread is 'Ways of doin Naam Simran', do u agree??

so here N3O veer asked does ne1 know ne other ways of doin naam simran, rite?! yes he did. so if i told him, simply answered his query to my knowledge, how cud i have done somthing so bad? i dnt think so, how can u say its not right??? cuz its not wrong at all. think out of da square and keep ur mind open. i havent done nething wrong at all.

yeh i agree is rebirth. rebirth of a person, but me sharing abt da way naam simran cud be done has nothing to do wid ur story of a woman givin birth to a child, and wen shes coverd wen she does. really dat makes no sense, and is deffinately not a good example :LOL: , especially wen u said she dsnt tell ppl abt da details of da birth process! r u sayin that ppl dese days dnt know abt da process of pregnancy neway?? hahah :LOL: i doubt it :!: bottom line ur birth example has not a single thing abt da way i described 'one' way of doin naam simran. think abt it, really :wink:

no, its not! :LOL: as i explained above

yeh its private cuz its done in a special room, which it shud be too newayz, but i think dat makes it much easier for da ppl involved in da ceremony and it wud be a distraction if it wer done in da open. but im sure Guru Gobind Singh Ji, wen He gave amrit to Panj Payaray did it in front of all those ppl, rite?? so now wat do u say??? u really dnt need to stress over it too much, if i shared jst one of the ways of doin naam simran, man its jst like tryin to help som1 in a way, so deres nothing wrong wid it. :roll:

i neva said i was Panj Payaray or Guru, dats jst ure misconception, which really isnt ne1's problem but ures. How cud u even accuse of me saying nething like dat???? :? deres always more dan one way of lookn at things, one positive and one negative. if u wana make it a fuss and take it negatively dan datz jst ur thinkin and deres no need to force ur thoughts on ne1 else abt it.

..hmmmmm....

Considering the variety of responses on this thread...it makes one wonder how mighty yet humble Bhagats such as Farid, Saadhna, Kabir, Jaidev, Ramanand, etc did their "simran". Or indeed those Sikhs who existed before the formalisation of the Khalsa Dal Panth...or those who never took Amrit...

Were they doomed souls because they didnt have "technique" (or did they)? Caught up in secret hocus pocus breathing and postures? Closed rooms with lights turned off, secret ceremonies at midnight, hyperventilation and hyperoxia-induced hallucinations, or masonic handshakes to be considered worthy of being told secret phrases and words, etc, etc?

The moment you are born, you possess "Naam", ie, Akaal Purakh's light, as Akaal Purakh is within ALL creation (..see Akaal Ustat, Dasam Guru Durbar for more details).

If we are to go by GURBANI then no one has monopoly over Akaal Purakh, but it is dependent on KARAM and KIRPA whether they persue the path of Dharam and self-awakening/salvation/bhagti/etc....to use the term sooooooooo taboo on forums...it is SANATAN...(please see Bhagat Kabir Ji's reflections, in Raag Gauri, Adi Guru Durbar, Pa.326-327)

More info: http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/simran.html

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki fateh

This is not really related to any naam simran. I read the following at the site narsingha mentioned.

'The Guru fired his cannon from the top of the fort. Limbs [of the besieging soldiers] were mish-mashed and twisted. A great battle ensued. Guru [Gobind Singh] calls himself a Nihang, twisting hands and small limbs. Such a cannon is great that fires from Anandpur. [Guru Gobind Singh] worships this cannon. The master himself had it cast. The first cannon was cast small. It strikes where it is desired. He fires the cannon and then tells them his name. This is the great deed of Nihangs. He does not let the [enemy] warriors group.'

('Gurbilas Dasmi', Koer Singh, 1751, Pa. 188)

http://www.sarbloh.info/htmls/sikh_akali8.html

Why have they written that "[Guru Gobind Singh] worships this cannon" ?!

or have I misunderstood something here?

The passage is a direct transiliteration of the text Gurblias Dasmi (ie, it hasnt been made up). As the text mentions, Guru Maharaj calls himself a Nihang Singh (if anyone disagrees, contact Koer Singh and argue with him).

The cannon is a weapon (ie, Sarbloh, the martial designation of Akaal Purakh...see the beginning of Akaal Ustat, Dasam Guru Durbar). As such, Nihang Singhs worship weapons and are considered as the master (Peer) of all Shastar Dhari Warriors (see Shastar Naam mala, Dasam Guru Durbar). In accordance with Guru Maharaj's words, all weapons are worthy of worship for they are the tools by which Dharam (righteousness) is protected and propagated in physical form...

Like Jassa, i dont agree either with telling others about how i was taught to do simran.. and no i havent taken amrit from AKJ or taksal, etc. But logically, i dont think it is RIGHT to tell others how i was taught to do it. Amrit is like a "rebirth", its a start of a new life.

Take is this way, when a woman gives birth to her child does she expose herself to everyone???? no. When a child is born, the woman legs are covered. Privacy? Woman "body" or the child's birth?... hmmm....

Welcome to Sikhawareness Sonia ;)

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The passage is a direct transiliteration of the text Gurblias Dasmi (ie, it hasnt been made up).

Im not familiar with Gurblias Dasmi. Does it come in the SGGS or the Dasam Granth?

As the text mentions, Guru Maharaj calls himself a Nihang Singh (if anyone disagrees, contact Koer Singh and argue with him).

The cannon is a weapon (ie, Sarbloh, the martial designation of Akaal Purakh...see the beginning of Akaal Ustat, Dasam Guru Durbar). As such, Nihang Singhs worship weapons and are considered as the master (Peer) of all Shastar Dhari Warriors (see Shastar Naam mala, Dasam Guru Durbar).

Thanks, I will try to lookup that.

In accordance with Guru Maharaj's words, all weapons are worthy of worship for they are the tools by which Dharam (righteousness) is protected and propagated in physical form...

Here it doesnt make sense. You cannot start worshipping guns, pistols or canons

i guess poeple dont know the meaning of the word PRIVATE. And has only ONE thing in mind as robot, not humans... let alone being human... NOT SIKHS EITHER! *soneone who LEARNS stuff from GURU and not be the master and tell others how NAAM IS DONE!

thankx anyways.

i dnt get it, wats ur prob man? u wana say somthing den y dnt u say it clear n strate otha den saying things INDIRECTLY??? r u sayn im not a sikh? and who gives u da right to judge as to who is a sikh and who isnt??? by saying wat u have above, doesnt dat mean dat U R DA ONE whos trying to be Guru by pointing out whos a sikh and who isnt? im not sayn u r, but doesnt dat wat it looks like? seems like u dnt know wat ur talking abt cuz u say somthing and den u say somthing else again which CONTRADICTS wat u said b4. man

and den u say som1 who learns somthing from da Guru and tells som1 else and tries to be Guru. now to me dat is very screwed up. wen som1 learns somthing from da Guru and shares it wid som1 else u say deyr tryin to be Guru. man datz jst a screwed up concept. its called SHARING, not tryin to be Guru, and HOW can u even say to som1 that theyr TRYING to be masters of it, being the Guru demselves?????? man, dats jst wrong thinking. HOW CAN u even accuse som1 like dat???? HOW? :?: :!:

R u saying that ppl who do katha at da gurdwara r also tryn to be da MASTERS of wat they have learnt from Our Guru ji? r u sayin that dey r wrong for guiding ppl? cuz dats wat it all comes down to.

And im NOT telln NOBODY how NAAM IS DONE, i was jst SHARING ONE OF THE WAYS simran can be done. man its too bad dat u jst dnt get it, and wud rather keep makn a FUSS abt somthing on da outside dan takin in account of the real meaning behind it. its jst sad really.

And no im no robot, im a HUMAN BEING. cant u tell?

HOPEFULLY, u will reply the questions i have asked u above, and not jst PASS COMMENTS INDIRECTLY, dis time. :roll:

and yes ONE NOTE, surely dis forum is not a place to DISS PEOPLE, aite. u r most welcome to DISCUSS an issue but wen ppl start passn RUDE & UGLY comments and INDIRECTLY ALSO, dats wen it gets nasty and it sure doesnt make ne1 feel good abt it. u can give ur opinions, but if som1 else doesnt agree wid ur views den dere is NO NEED for u to PASS ur RUDE AND ACCUSING COMMENTS, which make ZERO SENSE. now i hope u will respect dat, cuz i sure do and i also believe most ppl here do too also. Welcome aboard.

And i believe u owe me an apology for accusing me of TRYING to be a MASTER, GURU, and also telln me to SHUT UP in ur first post!

Fateh

Bro, what is nabhi, trikuti,? Is dasam dwar the third eye?

I was listening to Sant Isher Singh Ji's tape and they were saying that if you recite waheguru at certain places then the benefit is more. If you to do it at nabhi then the effect is 1000 times more then just reciting. Also, at this stage the whole body is absorbed in Naam Simran, You are not reciting the naam but you are constantly thinking in your mind. You also hear the anahat shabad here.

After this stage they say that you will come to recite it at the trikuti, and various things happen here as well. After this is over, you will enter the daswan dwaar or the tenth door, which is hidden.

My question was that should we recite waheguru at these special places like the nabhi or trikuti? or just normal recitation

I think there are certain stages that a abhyasi goes through.. But im not sure. It would be nice if someone can post all that in detail

Bro, what is nabhi, trikuti,? Is dasam dwar the third eye?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Nabhi chakra is at navel in your body. Trikuti, thirdeye is in between your eyebrows.. there are other chakras also. Check here http://www.alchemilla.com/astrology/chakras1.html...

Sant Isher Singh Ji Says

First there is recitation of waheguru by the tongue

Next comes the recitation by thinking by it. and then it takes place at the heart chakra.

After that Comes the Navel Chakra or nabhi, which Maharaj Ji says If you recite(not by tongue, but by thinking) it there the effect will be 1000 times more. If you say 1 time, then it will be like saying 1000 times with tongue.

He also says the nabhi is like the plexus of all the nerves in the body, that is all the 3 crore nerves meet there. When you do naam simran there... then every pore of your body will be awakened and do simran...

[glow=blue:544ada7898]rom rom har tayai , gurmukh pyara da[/glow:544ada7898]

you can get the tape from the dc kirtan hub

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=2789

when you reach there search for Sant Baba Isher Singh - Shri Guru Tegh Bahadar Ji Di Sakhi.mp3

Sant ji also talks about the Daswan Dwaar, it is hidden, you have to find it :D

[Although Im not into chakras anymore.. as they messed me up two times 3 yrs ago. Once I was concentratin on the base chakra, which is supposed to contain all your past life info, repressions and stuff .. after a week the sensations at the base chakra was very strong.. and i could always feel "ghost like presence" around me... I couldnt sleep at nite.. it was pretty scary.. Second time was at the trikuti.. which i dont want to mention.. not very interestin. But now everythin is good!...]

maybe post more later... since i got an exam in less then 8 hours

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Thanks khalsa bro, I appreciate you explainign everything to me.

The bad feelings you might have been feeling might have been neccesary for you to go through. I know that when people start meditating initially they feel great, when they get deeper then they feel awful, I guess this is just the mind's way of filtering and letting go.

I don't know too much about chakras but I do know that some people can mess up their chakra balance if they aren't grounded and don't know what they are doing. I read some stuff about this happenign to a few people who tried kundalini yoga.

I bet if people realised the spiritual side of sikhi we would have ALOT more sikhs.