BABA DEEP SINGH, PITCHER, ROCK NANAK

Isn't it amazing how Baba Deep Singh fought, and that pitcher story I forgot about...but I think it belonged to Guru Gobind Singh Ji and it had holes, but the milk didnt spill...and how Guru Nanak stopped the rock with his hand? It's amazing how these things occured. The Guru Nanak story can be proved true cause the rock still lies with the very same imprints in Lahore I believe. But if someone can follow up with more infomration on these occurings, I'll greatly appreicate it. Thanks

GSD

Yeh i have always wondered, if the whole jantar tantar mantar and using magic stuff is all ment to be wrong and stuff and the gurus led by example, how come they preformed all these magical acts.. be it the holy pitcher (get it.. lol) or the handy rock.. ?

Also when thinking about Baba Deep Singh.. I always wonder that he had his head chopped off yet continued to fight.. as he had made the promise that he would fight till the end.. or something (sorry not too clued up on the detailed story) but then doesnt that show he went against the command of kaal? prolonging his life because he was attached (moh) to life and did not accept death when it came but used his shakti to continue?? i thought that was against the basic principles of sikhi.. to accept gods hukam (death in this case)..

Isn't it amazing how Baba Deep Singh fought, and that pitcher story I forgot about...but I think it belonged to Guru Gobind Singh Ji and it had holes, but the milk didnt spill...and how Guru Nanak stopped the rock with his hand? It's amazing how these things occured. The Guru Nanak story can be proved true cause the rock still lies with the very same imprints in Lahore I believe. But if someone can follow up with more infomration on these occurings, I'll greatly appreicate it. Thanks

GSD

The story of Baba Deep Singh Ji maybe an exaggeration.Humans have a habit of mythologising other great humans like Baba Deep Singh and other not so great like Mohandas Gandhi (not mahatma, he was never a mahatma).

That pitcher, Ganga Sagar, works because of the dynamics of air pressure and surface tension.There's nothing magical about it.

I always wonder that he had his head chopped off yet continued to fight.. as he had made the promise that he would fight till the end.. or something (sorry not too clued up on the detailed story) but then doesnt that show he went against the command of kaal? prolonging his life because he was attached (moh) to life and did not accept death when it came but used his shakti to continue?? i thought that was against the basic principles of sikhi.. to accept gods hukam (death in this case)..

If I'm correct this sakhi is to show the GREAT POWER OF ARADAAS.as Baba Deep Singh ji did ardaas to not his atma get shanti until he gets to Amritsar....... ...

its the POWER OF ARDAAS..not some kinda Jantar Mantar.... Kala Jado or whatever..its ADRAAS TO WAHEGURU!

Baba Deep Singh Ji was most likely stabbed or attained a severe laceration to the neck - the fact that he continued to battle the enemy and then managed to fulfill his promise is the key important message in this story. The exaggeration of someone continuing to fight with his severed head under his arm only dilutes the story and makes it less plausible. The ideal of the spirit and strength of a true man of faith is more important to me than whether he could walk around with his head detached.

so it seems rather then accept the story the way it is told, we should look for the logical answer getting rid of these mythological mystical magical additions to the what really.. happened.

abit like chinese whisper..

dont hate me for asking im just wondering but couldnt the same misconception and changing have happened to alot of our historical stories which we hold so dear to us? such as the amrit sanchaar with the cutting of the singhs heads?

Baba Deep Singh Ji was most likely stabbed or attained a severe laceration to the neck - the fact that he continued to battle the enemy and then managed to fulfill his promise is the key important message in this story. The exaggeration of someone continuing to fight with his severed head under his arm only dilutes the story and makes it less plausible. The ideal of the spirit and strength of a true man of faith is more important to me than whether he could walk around with his head detached.

Yes I agree with you Ranjit, Baba Deep Singh Ji most probably sustained a severe wound to his neck.He probably held his hand their, whilst rushing towards Sri Harmandir Sahib.

The will of the man must have been awesome.All Vahiguru's Bakhshish.

so it seems rather then accept the story the way it is told, we should look for the logical answer getting rid of these mythological mystical magical additions to the what really.. happened.

dont hate me for asking im just wondering but couldnt the same misconception and changing have happened to alot of our historical stories which we hold so dear to us? such as the amrit sanchaar with the cutting of the singhs heads?

Yes, we must be careful of romanticising and mythologising our history.

I couldnt help responding but are you questioning authencity of 1699 whether guroo maharaj chopped 5 goats or 5 singhs???

Is that faith we have in our guroo that he can bring 5 singhs into life again ??? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Now you goin to ask.. do i have proof????

I dont need bloody proof.. somethings dont need proof where faith and trust in guroo counts... :roll:

hari/ranjit

brothers, we can speculate as much as we want...

but i'd rather trust a bramgyani's opinion.

Baba Mann Singh Ji has stated in his katha that Baba Deep Singh Ji's sis was completely severed, and went on to fight with it in his hand

"ek hath sis see, dooja hath Khanda see"

you can check it out, as i've uploaded this kirtan file onto neo's ftp server.

Gurfateh Ji,

neo i respect what u say about faith and all and not needing the proof, as that is haq.. (the mystical relationship one has with their guru allowing them to go beyond all physical or mental boundaries..) This can not be put into a set rule that all people abide by, as everyones relationship with their guru is different.

But this is a discussion forum, and I wished to discuss these issues of how much of sikhi is logically true.. and how much is fabricated chinese whispers, and how much is just wonderful mystical non logical yet true.. if any.

Gurfateh Ji,

neo i respect what u say about faith and all and not needing the proof, as that is haq.. (the mystical relationship one has with their guru allowing them to go beyond all physical or mental boundaries..) This can not be put into a set rule that all people abide by, as everyones relationship with their guru is different.

But this is a discussion forum, and I wished to discuss these issues of how much of sikhi is logically true.. and how much is fabricated chinese whispers, and how much is just wonderful mystical non logical yet true.. if any.

Psychic realities...aren't all that attractive to me anymore.My desire is to pierce all realities.

But, I don't know if I'll do it :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: :cry:

Psychic realities...aren't all that attractive to me anymore.My desire is to pierce all realities.

But, I don't know if I'll do it :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: :cry:

Sat Sri Akal Hari Ji,

Waheguru will bless you with your desire :)

Altho I wouldnt give a scientific explanation for the Pitcher, Im pretty sure there are hundreds of such miracles for which there wouldnt be any such explanation.