Anyone read the Alchemist?

Nihal_Kaur

The book is by Paulo Coelho and another book by him is "the manual of the warrior of light"

Beautiful books, its as if, reading the first book, you are on a journey, and it really is a soul moving book about the realisation that Akaal is a part of you and you are a part of Akaal so therefore you are a part of the whole world. :mrgreen:

the manual of the warrior of light is a book for any warrior saint...so perfect for shaster dhari Sikhs. :yo:

Guest Javanmard

For being shastar dhari you need proper shastar and unfortunately most people who claim to be amritdhari wear something that is too short blunt and totally useless in real life combat. Khalsa Jio invest in proper shastars!!!

Paulo Coelho is definetly one of my favorite writers. His life is fascinating too. HIs books is amazing and so is the Alchemist which I have to re-read before I can go on on this discussion!

For being shastar dhari you need proper shastar and unfortunately most people who claim to be amritdhari wear something that is too short blunt and totally useless in real life combat. Khalsa Jio invest in proper shastars!!!

Paulo Coelho is definetly one of my favorite writers. His life is fascinating too. HIs books is amazing and so is the Alchemist which I have to re-read before I can go on on this discussion!

Like myself.. i wear very small kirpan like probably 5 inch and also veer bibiya wali kirpan with kanga on my neck so that i can take shower and sleep without 5inch walii kirpan.. i admit i m not really sharpest tool in the box (stolen line from Niranjana) :LOL::LOL: but soon slowly and after i come to england and meet mugermach singh.. he will hook me up with propa shastar and nihang ustad niddar singh will hook me up with propa self defence init :wink: :wink:

after i come to england and meet mugermach singh

there is no mugermach singh, im just an illusion....

not every1 is capable of being shaster dhari, some people are just plain rubbish, others have disabilites, others are better at other things, eg kavita's, strageies, seva, doing kirtan, making shaster etc. But every1 should try to learn the basics.

a must is a must is a must this was a hukam given by guru ji by himself so what ever he says we must do. If you live in the Toronto reigon you come to the shaheed baba deep singh shashtar vidya akhara ( daM DAMI TAKSAAL) SO COME CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WANT TO LEARN.

Navjot singh ji.. i wanted to learn come by malton some time to learn.. is jasdev singh veer ji teaching it??? also does he teaches hadh dor or just with the sooti like traditonal gatka.. Can you please tell me what day and timing he held classes??? I wanted to come by...

there is no mugermach singh, im just an illusion....

not every1 is capable of being shaster dhari, some people are just plain rubbish, others have disabilites, others are better at other things, eg kavita's, strageies, seva, doing kirtan, making shaster etc. But every1 should try to learn the basics.

true that purkha... disables like us... :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

mugermach, what would b the basics in ur view ?

i cant just write about the basics in one post. but to be breif and short, basics is to learn to defend yourself from an umleee attacker who tries to mug(ermach) u (bad joke), (umlee: means, well.... umleee, i.e one with little to none technique) That can take time, as you may have to learn to defend ur self from knifes, guns etc. etc etc.. but all this depends on you... Not me, not any1 else, just You, you have to know what your basics are, but basics [for most people] start off from just being aware. a sikh should be aware, sikh awareness... (another bad joke, man im getting old, the dad jokes are commin out)

true that purkha... disables like us...

Us :shock: :shock: :shock: , leave me out of it. lol lol. only joking singh. :D

we do everything, our gatka is not plannned like some akharas before we teach the students how to fight or atack we teach them how to block because blocking is very important. We teach you how to use every shashtar because we have a wide vraiety of shashtars we have kids who are like 8 who can pobally spin kirpana faster than most people.

You can see pictures of our akhara at gursikhijeevan.com and if you want to know the dates for our classes there from 6- 8 everyday except tuesday and friday. Our current teacher is bhai sahib karam singh who is one of the best shashtar vidya teachers out of all of taksal. If you want top learn you can come down,.

explain whats the difference. If you think what niddar singh does is shashtar vidya then ur a joker, half the things the guy does just seems to be made up, if you want to know a guy whos rreally good at gatka its tegi from london. He beat niddar singh in a match in hola mohlla in India but Niddar singh is stil scared to admit that he did.

Thanks navjot singh for lettin me know the times.. i ll come by sometime.. vaheguroo dii kirpa naal .. also can you pm where in malton gurughar you guys held classes at the back ??.. or khalsa school near by malton gurughar?

Please let me know :D

fateh Ji, NavjotSingh, if you have come to england and think that Nidar Singh's way of teaching Shastar Vidiya is useless, then you are entitled to your views. But if it is by word of mouth, then step back and judge the situation again.

To Claim Teji beat Nidar or Nidar beat Teji cannot be proven unless facts are bought out. Only a few people who have seen the evidence know the truth. Unless you have seen this, then please do not make such claims, if you have, the please share the source.

I have trained in Gatka and Savya Raksha, my Savya Raksa skills have proven most effective for me. To outline the difference in a sentence [ from my personal experience], gatka, would have got me seriouly injured but Savya raksha - kept me unhurt and well.

If the art is made up, then it is well made [by whoever made it, be it Nidar Singh or the Singh's before his time, or the person that makes everything... i.e God] and the art is definatly Effective.

I have not seen your Ustad teach, nor do i know of his knowlege, so i am not going to claim that your gatka/shaster vidiya is not effective. I hope that people here too, will go to the classes, and see whatever they want to see for themselves.

Being a Gursikh, we should not fear anyone or inflict fear in others.

fateh