I = SELFISH??

gurugharda_kookar

waheguru ji ka khalsa,waheguru ji ki fatehh

sadh sangat ji..we all know how our parents push us into some things which we don't want to do sometimes..but when it comes to the matter of guru ji and follow his sikhi..and ur parents r not sikhi..and the beg u to come in their world..n u keep on saying..no i want to be happy..i want to be in peace..i want to live my life as guru ji's hukam..i want to follow hukam..i want to guru's sikh...u know all "i" "i"..so does that mean that we r having ego..or thinking about urself..and u r being selffish??? :? :? :? :?

waheguru ji ka khalsa,waheguru ji ki fatehh

i think it would sound better if u try make others follow the same, guru ji's hukum, try make them understand where your coming from. everyone trys to find there own happiness and where better other than guru ji's charan. its a greater blessing to make others understand what you are trying to say and getting them to follow the same true path. then u wouldnt have to say i, i, i, u can then say we, we, we, sounds better.

ive always been tought not to say i, i, i, always say we, we, we. its better to share, keeps everyone together :)

Veer, There is a Shabad in Asa di Vaar.

Page 466

mhlw 2 ]

Second Mehl:

mhlw 2 ]

mehlaa 2.

haumY eyhw jwiq hY haumY krm kmwih ]

This is the nature of ego, that people perform their actions in ego.

hamY Ehw jwiq hY hamY kmé kmwih ]

ha-umai ayhaa jaat hai ha-umai karam kamaahi.

haumY eyeI bMDnw iPir iPir jonI pwih ]

This is the bondage of ego, that time and time again, they are reborn.

hamY Eeé bNDnw iPir iPir jonI pwih ]

ha-umai ay-ee banDhnaa fir fir jonee paahi.

haumY ikQhu aUpjY ikqu sMjim ieh jwie ]

Where does ego come from? How can it be removed?

hamY ikQhu åpjY ikqu sNjim eh jwe ]

ha-umai kithhu oopjai kit sanjam ih jaa-ay.

haumY eyho hukmu hY pieAY ikriq iPrwih ]

This ego exists by the Lord`s Order; people wander according to their past actions.

hamY Eho hukmu hY peEy ikriq iPrwih ]

ha-umai ayho hukam hai pa-i-ai kirat firaahi.

haumY dIrG rogu hY dwrU BI iesu mwih ]

Ego is a chronic disease, but it contains its own cure as well.

hamY dIrG rogu hY dw} BI esu mwih ]

ha-umai deeragh rog hai daaroo bhee is maahi.

ikrpw kry jy AwpxI qw gur kw sbdu kmwih ]

If the Lord grants His Grace, one acts according to the Teachings of the Guru`s Shabad.

ikrpw kry jy AwpxI qw gur kw sbdu kmwih ]

kirpaa karay jay aapnee taa gur kaa sabad kamaahi.

nwnku khY suxhu jnhu iequ sMjim duK jwih ]2]

Nanak says, listen, people: in this way, troubles depart. ||2||

nwnku khY suxhu jnhu equ sNjim duK jwih ]2]

naanak kahai sunhu janhu it sanjam dukh jaahi. ||2||

I was listening to Sant Maskeen ji's Translation of Asa Di Vaar and I Clearly remember him mentioning this that When we set on the path of Rightousness, That I want to go Sangat, That I want to follow the Hukam of Waheguru, That I want to build a Gurudwara. That is the cure of Ego which is contained in itself.

Sooner or Later you will realize that all Along it was him who was the Doer, not you.

waheguru...hanji i understand..but what i m talking about is..here I means not in ego..people force u to come in false world [me as girl..doing make up..and other stuff..which leads u towards maya] so here when people says that forget or leave this life..and come to us and live as normal people as other people on this earth are..and my response is that "I" want to be guru's sikh.."I" want to walk on guru's teachings.."I" want to be happy..and not cry in pain after i leave him..so that's what i m talking about..so that's i want to know wheather i m being selfish..of not thinking of my parents dreams and walking on guru's teachings..

Heres 'MY' view 'I' might be wrong coz 'I' am not god, but 'I' can think so 'I' will express 'MY own views...on a forum made for 'ME'. 'I' mean us.

The use of the word I is not going to be concidered as ego, as face it you or me or anyone can not do anything but desire, wether the desire is from the mind (false) or the heart (true) all we can do is desire and even that can only be done by SATGURPARSAD (the grace of god-INSHALLAH).

Anything that is done is done by SATGURPARSAD and only satguru can do what he wishes. so if the desires are true and they please satguru then it shall be done and you can do whatever he wishes be it walk on the right path or the wrong path or whatever..

This does not mean that which is done and is bad (like beating up an old granny so you can steal her walking stick) happened by the grace of god, but at the same time it did happen by gods grace coz if he never gave his grace nothing would ever happen so it all happens by his grace, but we command wether we do that which is a true desire (from the heart) or that which is a desire towards an illusion of maya (usually in the mind)

then again like i said i might be wrong so who cares.. :twisted: its all gods fault

waheguru...hanji i understand..but what i m talking about is..here I means not in ego..people force u to come in false world [me as girl..doing make up..and other stuff..which leads u towards maya] so here when people says that forget or leave this life..and come to us and live as normal people as other people on this earth are..and my response is that "I" want to be guru's sikh.."I" want to walk on guru's teachings.."I" want to be happy..and not cry in pain after i leave him..so that's what i m talking about..so that's i want to know wheather i m being selfish..of not thinking of my parents dreams and walking on guru's teachings..

oh i c what you are trying to ask....my apologies.

Normal for them is what they have been doing for their infinite past lives. Live Eat Die. Waheguru has blessed you with the Thirst for something Greater, The thirst of himself. I can definetly understand the difficulty that your own parents are trying to hold you back. But PLEASE don't let them persuade you into leaving the path our Gurus have set for us. Try to explain it to them that you find happiness in what you do.

In My Opinion, you are not being selfish at all. How can one consider taht being selfish to have to want to meet Waheguru which is the mother of all Mothers. One cannot deny the right to meet ones creator. No one has the right to stop you from meeting the Akal Purk.

I have an Aunt who is very Spiritual. She used to Sneak out of the house to go to SadSangat. She would tell her Husband that she is going to stay with her daughter, but she would instead go to SadSangat and do seva. My mother would know where she is just in case. but her desire for the Guru was so strong that no Family could tie her down. She did what her heart told her to do. Today just to be near her is a blessing. That could not have happened if she didn't follow her heart. If she instead followed her family and what her husband wanted to do, she wuold be still stuck in the Samsara, but when she talks about it, she says it only happened thru the blessing of Waheguru that her husband gained the understanding that he could not controll her. That she wanted to go to SadSangat and wanted to walk on this path of spirituality.

Understand that more people hold you back the greater your faith and desire will become. For only if there is an opposite can one realize what they have. Your parents are trying to hold you back, but you want to go forward. Make use of that energy that your parents spend on you to live their "normal" lives and turn it into something positive. For it will give you all the more reasons to follow the path to god. Don't get angry at them, but instead turn that Anger and Frustration into Prayer. Use that Energy into something Positive. Make you prayer even deeper.

Now that does not mean Ignore your parents and just do whatever you want to do. You have to take a middle ground in this situation, where you don't fall into their 'Normality" but you don't also lose the path of our Gurus. So don't approach this with Gung-ho way, just ignoring everyone. Afterall they are your parents, You must try to reason with them and Prayer is your best Aid, Pray that waheguru blesses them with the understanding of what you are trying to make them realize.

I can only imgaine what you must go thru with your parents about this.

I hope this helps and may waheguru bless you with more strenght to endure this pull from your parents and may he also bless them with the understanding.

Waheguru.

Fellow Friends,

Sikhi sounds staright on the concept of ME, MYSELF & I(RENE).

As per Guru Gobind Singh we (The Khalsa) have (even must) to follow the theory of WE or US when he/she get something or while sharing something among.

But he/she must have to represent himself/herself as an individual identity while the time of giving/secrifing.

This is vat he called the true identity of KHALSA.

Joy(ce)