Ladki Panjaban:(Movie with SikhGirl-MuslimBoy realtionship)?

:oops:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3224548.stm

(Please Check this LINK to know about the Movie)

Dear Cyber Sangat Jee,

I think this movie is not a good Sign Jee. Our

women need to handle themselves

and make it a point not to be affected by movies such as

these and Never Misuse their SOCIAL FREEDOM.

SIKH MEN & WOMEN are equally loved by their father,

Guru Gobind Singh jee.

I would like to know from our Sikh Awareness

members, what message is this movie trying to give?

Can we do something about it ?

Here the information for the company that made the film

Medicare House

1 Meltham Road,

Lockwood, Huddersfield,

England, HD1 3TJ

General Enquires

paragonpicture@aol.com

paragonpictures@msn.com

Afzal M. Khan

afzalmkhan@aol.com

Abdul Hafiz

ahafiz16@hotmail.com

Sister Production Company In India

Paragon Pictures (PVT) LTD.

D-35, 322 MIG Colony, Bandra, East Mumbai, 400 051

Telephone: 0091 22 6424627 Lets Flood them with E-Mails .

May GURU bless our Faith !!

Harjinder S Kukreja

News By : Brother S Singh

SIKHNET Discussion Forum.

Can someone tell me when is it coming out??

And upon coming out in theatres of england.. what sikhs are planning to do with this contoversial movie??? Are we just goin sit there and watch muslim extermist make things worse for us or what???

Time to get united and tell off these extermist!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but seriously what we goin to do??? Protest??? and make a different movie so that we can have pay back time...

we gotta deal with these people once it for all...

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

"Its world premiere was in Bradford at the start of November, as the English city is the home of the production company's marketing manager, Raja Tariq Mehmood. "

This film is part of an orchestrated and well-organised cultural attack on Punjabi people, orchestrated by gorey who move behind the scenes. We will be seeing more of this. It started with "The Guru" and "Bollywood Dreams", and it will be getting worse.

We need some sort of Sikh action group, designed to resist cultural and religious attacks like this in the UK.

I saw it coming as soon I watched Gadar. its not an attack by the gorey or kale.. please leave them out of it! The film is a retaliation of Gadar, the Inidan movie where the protagonist is supposedly a Sikh man and the female muslim woman. The movie is an attempt to portray Sikhs in a bad light and basically one could call it a revenge attack!

As for the characters being real! You belive that you'll believe that every time a muslim says, "Allah de Kasam", he is telling the truth!

Don't pay too much attention to it! The best thing to do is to IGNORE it, any protests or resistance from the Sikhs will bring the movie PUBLICITY! Let the dogs bark, don't give them bones!

I think we need to try to stop this film being show in the theatres, but the question is how ?

Here the information for the company that made the film

Medicare House

1 Meltham Road,

Lockwood, Huddersfield,

England, HD1 3TJ

General Enquires

paragonpicture@aol.com

paragonpictures@msn.com

Afzal M. Khan

afzalmkhan@aol.com

Abdul Hafiz

ahafiz16@hotmail.com

Sister Production Company In India

Paragon Pictures (PVT) LTD.

D-35, 322 MIG Colony, Bandra, East Mumbai, 400 051

Telephone: 0091 22 6424627

I think it was Chamkila who contacted them, and their reply was taht the movie was shown to the BradFord Parbandaks or something, and they liked it :| :cry:

sometihng like that..I'll ask Chamkila bhaji to give the exact details..

SSA Mr. Singh ji, what parbandaks? The Pakistani Parbandaks or the Gurdwara parbandaks? Please clarify!

Thanks

If you guys want to pursue it properly, I suggest that you form a proper constituted pressure group, and approach both the Paki and Indian Film institutions. Pakistani Punjabi in West Punjab are Ok type of people less fanatic than the Mirpuri here in the UK. Also educate the Indians film makers about our causes, our history, how we donnot want to portrayed and what we percieve to be offensive or not offensive.

OK guys, the first thing to do if you're serious about resisting this film is to get the UK Sikh community speaking with one voice about it. That means the mainstream guys. The way they do it in the States is to mobilise the Sikh media machine FIRST, then attack the offensive show. If we can get articles about this published in the Sikh press, that's good.

I can get an article into Sikh Vision (I think that's what it's called - Indarkit Singh's magazine anyway) and in another very up-and-coming Sikh magazine.

Someone else to come up with ONE article describing the film and how it's offensive, and then to plaster it all over the Sikh and Gurbani and Gurmat newsgroups, Yahoo groups and email lists.

Nobody to write to the director or the production company, except a well-known already-established Sikh organisation or lobby group like SCAN.

Just some suggestions, to make a start.

Chamkila asked, who they asked, and it was the parbandakhs of

akash radio

send tons of mail

in the feedback section @

akashradio.com :oops:

First of u need evidence! Do not send anything without first getting evidence from akashradio, we need to know whether akash radion were consulted and if so on what grounds have they appoved the project? If akash have approved, u then need to attack akash using a coordinated approach. Random emails I donot think will have any effect.

To attack the issue from its roots we need to form powerful professional groups. Don't fight, Write and speak out! use the media! I like Shaterkovich's strategy!

Guest chamkila

First of u need evidence! Do not send anything without first getting evidence from akashradio, we need to know whether akash radion were consulted and if so on what grounds have they appoved the project? If akash have approved, u then need to attack akash using a coordinated approach. Random emails I donot think will have any effect.

To attack the issue from its roots we need to form powerful professional groups. Don't fight, speak, use the media! I like Shaterkovich's strategy!

I sent a mail to Akash Radio to find out if they had any thing to do with this, I am still waiting for a relpy, once I have some sort of reply I will let you guys know.

Also I agree with you that we need to do this with a coordinated approach, I am hoping to get the reply today.

waheguru ji kekhalsa, waheguru ji ke fateh

Pyare jio, I do not think anyone from bradford has approved this film, from sikh community, unless it is one of the numerous gurdwara Pardans. Best to ask them for proof. This discussion has also been going on other forums, below is something i submitted on them. Just to your knowledge.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Pyare jio, this film first came to attention of sikhs over a year ago, when someone put it on egroups. At that time it raised quite an uproar. When the producers were located, we from leeds and bradford sikh youth group went to see them. We met them and had an amicable discussion.

We explained to them that sikhs are very upset with this film. They knew this was the case from all the mail they had recieved. So they said to us and put on egroups that they had sikh advisors involved. This calmed down many emails.

We asked for the names, but they were reluctant to give them. After some pressure they did. The names given as so-called sikh advisors, did not have sikh names. This was pointed out them. They got stuck again.

Then they came out with another name down south. Again who knew nothing about the film. While this was going on, they got the film completed. The sikh involved in the case here said unless they allowed previews for sikh reps before its release, then we would have to contact censor board. They agreed to allow previews.

I was abroad when previews happened and have not seen the film. But youth that went were not too impressed. The producers are saying sikhs have approved it from south and bradford, many they wish to present some written proof of this. It was also mentioned that the film has numerous different endings. So in Pakistan it will end differently, and so in India, and and UK, etc. So the fact they say the girl does not accept the muslim boy, may only be true in Uk, but not in Pakistan.

I have found the producers to be quite cunning, and only interested in financial rewards. He said to me before his films were contrversial aswell. I think he realises that controversy promotes films. He wants you all to kick a fuss, and wants it on egroups and in papers. It gets the film more attention, and more people watch it. I noticed how cunningly he got it reviewed in sikh Times paper, saying sikhs were originally anti, but are now supportive. This is not the case at all.

Bottom - line, object to it, but do it carefully. Do not play in their hands, and publicise the film more. I suggest contacting the censor board, and complaining that the film will increase tensions between between sikh and muslim youth.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

-- ------------------

One God: Waheguru

One Guru : Sahib Siri Guru Granth sahib Ji.

One Guru Khalsa Panth!

This should be the Motto of Our Generation

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

I havent seen the movie but whats the problem? It is only a film after all...

Why the insecurity? Do you think somehow this movie is going to influence Sikh women to fall in love with Muslim men?

da girl looks not punjabi...kinda muslim lookn girl..hmm strange...

Dont be so ridiculous. How can she look "Muslim" and not Punjabi?

You are aware of the fact that the majority of Punjabis in the World are Muslim, arent you???

it's not coming out here, so i was wonderin if anyone in the uk has seen it, and could let me know what the endings like, thats the only way one can see what type of an impact it could have on the public.

And in response to Punjabi Nationalists comment about how could she look muslim when many punjabi's are muslim and all....

If u take a closer look, you will see that generally they do have certain distinct features that one can generally pick out... ie the women are a lot fairer and most of them have a distinct nose.... (it is a generalization, but from my experience, it works)

I can easily distinguish Pakistani punjabi girl and Indian punjabi girls. They have habit of wearing different kind of jewellery. Also, they have similar features same as indian women but not ditto.

These kind of movies are bad because they are not showing it the natural way but there is conspiracy.

Sunny Deol's movie in which they showed that he was in love with muslim girl and went to Pakistan to get her was 100% real movie. I know he didn't do the way they showed in the movie but then its bollywood and they have to add some masala to make their movie hit. But we all know that it was based on true story not on conspiracy against muslims.

Guest Punjabi Nationalist

If u take a closer look, you will see that generally they do have certain distinct features that one can generally pick out... ie the women are a lot fairer and most of them have a distinct nose.... (it is a generalization, but from my experience, it works)

Skin-tone varies among all Punjabis. The Punjabi Muslim girls i know look no different from the Punjabi Hindu and Sikhs. Some are fair, some are more brown.

Ok, in Majha and Pothowar regions of Punjab on average the people are generally lighter than Punjabis from Doaba, Haryana... but that is not something which is "Muslim".

When i tell people i am Punjabi then i am often told i look Muslim rather than Sikh, why? Because i am from that side of Punjab which is overwhelmingly Muslim so i am going to share the same regional traits they have and be associated with them, no other reason for it... Unfortunately (and wrongly) people associate this regional variation as a "religious" difference depending on who is in majority in certain areas.

The Sikh and Hindu families who moved to Delhi from Punjab after the partition look more similar to the Pakistani Punjabi than to a Punjabi from Jalandhar or Ludhiana. This is certainly not because there are distinct features that Muslims have which Sikhs and Hindus from Punjab dont. It is all down to where they originate from...

Ps,

I still dont understand what the problem with this movie is. It is just a movie after all.... Would it be any different if the roles were reversed and a Muslim girl fell in love with a Sikh and wanted to convert to Sikhism?