Ladki Panjaban:(Movie with SikhGirl-MuslimBoy realtionship)?

I still dont understand what the problem with this movie is. It is just a movie after all....

It's quite simple really. The "Hindus" (India) and the "Muslims" (Pakistan) are using us Sikhs as a political tool and we don't bloody like it. We want them both to leave us the hell alone in this deceitful and disgusting game they're playing.

Would it be any different if the roles were reversed and a Muslim girl fell in love with a Sikh and wanted to convert to Sikhism?

First of all, religion is so much more than a just a belief (at least for us Sikhs). A Sikh's whole life is centered around his faith. The love of Guru is above everything else; The "love" of a man/woman is insignificant compared to the love of the Guru. A Sikh will never willingly "convert" for any reason whatsover and we hold people of other faith to the same standard. So when someone says they want to "convert" to Sikhi, I personally think of that person as being a traitor to their most sacred belief (it is ofcourse different if the person was religiously uncommited because then he wouldn't really be converting).

The very idea of "converting" for the love of a man/woman is just plain ludicrous.

why do you people talk about the idealised sikh and then at the same time bring up problems faced by sikhs who arent ideal? Then the argument is used to reach a conclusion that doesnt any longer apply to the non ideal person.

it seems to me those problems are not problems at all for the ideal sikh since they are easily surmountable by definition. for example to the ideal sikh pragmatism is for the weak and the game of love is worth playing to the end. etc.

so cant we approach the problems common sikhs face without resorting to these strawman tactics? Just rational responses that dont work under the premise that sikhs are all elite and spiritually accomplished. thanks.

not targeting anyone specifically in this thread .. just wondering since i myself have been guilty of this.

now ofcourse its fine to talk about how an ideal sikh would face a situation and i suspect that wouldnt be very insightful (at least to me).

But for the rest of us .. its not really practical, IMHO