Daily Hukamnam.....

BILAAVAL, ASHTAPADEES, FIRST MEHL, TENTH HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU:

He dwells close at hand, and sees all, but how rare is the Gurmukh who understands this. Without the Fear of God, there is no devotional worship. Imbued with the Word of the Shabad, eternal peace is attained. || 1 || Such is the spiritual wisdom, the treasure of the Naam; obtaining it, the Gurmukhs enjoy the subtle essence of this nectar. || 1 || Pause || Everyone talks about spiritual wisdom and spiritual knowledge. Talking, talking, they argue, and suffer. No one can stop talking and discussing it. Without being imbued with the subtle essence, there is no liberation. || 2 || Spiritual wisdom and meditation all come from the Guru. Through the lifestyle of Truth, the True Lord comes to dwell in the mind. The self-willed manmukh talks about it, but does not practice it. Forgetting the Name, he finds no place of rest. || 3 || Maya has caught the mind in the trap of the whirlpool. Each and every heart is trapped by this bait of poison and sin. See that whoever has come, is subject to death. Your affairs shall be adjusted, if you contemplate the Lord in your heart. || 4 || He alone is a spiritual teacher, who lovingly focuses his consciousness on the Word of the Shabad. The self-willed, egotistical manmukh loses his honor. The Creator Lord Himself inspires us to His devotional worship. He Himself blesses the Gurmukh with glorious greatness. || 5 || The life-night is dark, while the Divine Light is immaculate. Those who lack the Naam, the Name of the Lord, are false, filthy and untouchable. The Vedas preach sermons of devotional worship. Listening, hearing and believing, one beholds the Divine Light. || 6 || The Shaastras and Simritees implant the Naam within. The Gurmukh lives in peace and tranquility, doing deeds of sublime purity. The self-willed manmukh suffers the pains of reincarnation. His bonds are broken, enshrining the Name of the One Lord. || 7 || Believing in the Naam, one obtains true honor and adoration. Who should I see? There is none other than the Lord. I see, and I say, that He alone is pleasing to my mind. Says Nanak, there is no other at all. || 8 || 1 ||

Monday 27th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 10 May, 2004 (Page: 831)

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

In egotism, the world is dead; it dies and dies, again and again. As long as there is breath in the body, he does not remember God; what will he do when he goes beyond? One who remembers the Lord is spiritually wise; the ignorant act blindly. O Nanak, whatever one does in this world determines what he shall receive in the world beyond. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: It is the pre-ordained Command of the Lord and Master, that one cannot be conscious of Him without the True Guru. Meeting the True Guru, one realizes that the Lord is permeating and pervading deep within; he remains forever absorbed in the Lord’s Love. With each and every breath, he constantly remembers the Lord in meditation; not a single breath passes in vain. The fear of birth and death departs, and one obtains the honored state of eternal life. O Nanak, this rank is bestowed upon those whom He showers with His Mercy. || 2 || PAUREE: He Himself is all-wise and all-knowing; He Himself is supreme. He Himself reveals His form, and He Himself enjoins us to His meditation. He Himself poses as a silent sage, and He Himself speaks spiritual wisdom. He does not seem bitter to anyone; He is pleasing to all. His Praises cannot be described; I am forever and ever a sacrifice to Him. || 19 ||

Tuesday 28th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 11 May, 2004 (Page: 555)

JAITSREE, 5th GURU, CHHANT, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

I am thirsty for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan, day and night; I yearn for Him constantly, night and day. Opening the door, O Nanak, the Guru has led me to meet with the Lord, my Friend. || 1 || CHHANT: Listen, O my intimate friend — I have just one prayer to make. I have been wandering around, searching for that enticing, sweet Beloved. Whoever leads me to my Beloved — I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant. My eyes are drenched with the Love of my Beloved; without Him, I do not have even a moment’s peace. My mind is attached to the Lord, like the fish to the water, and the sparrow-hawk, thirsty for the raindrops. Servant Nanak has found the Perfect Guru; his thirst is totally quenched. || 1 || O intimate friend, my Beloved has all these loving companions; I cannot compare to any of them. O intimate friend, each of them is more beautiful than the others; who could consider me? Each of them is more beautiful than the others; countless are His lovers, constantly enjoying bliss with Him. Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of virtue? I dedicate my mind to those who please and attract my Beloved. Says Nanak, hear my prayer, O happy soul-brides; tell me, what does my Husband Lord look like? || 2 || O intimate friend, my Husband Lord does whatever He pleases; He is not dependent on anyone. O intimate friend, you have enjoyed your Beloved; please, tell me about Him. They alone find their Beloved, who eradicate self-conceit; such is the good destiny written on their foreheads. Taking me by the arm, the Lord and Master has made me His own; He has not considered my merits or demerits. She, whom You have adorned with the necklace of virtue, and dyed in the deep crimson color of His Love — everything looks beautiful on her. O servant Nanak, blessed is that happy soul-bride, who dwells with her Husband Lord. || 3 || O intimate friend, I have found that peace which I sought. My sought-after Husband Lord has come home, and now, congratulations are pouring in. Great joy and happiness welled up, when my Husband Lord, of ever-fresh beauty, showed mercy to me. By great good fortune, I have found Him; the Guru has united me with Him, through the Saadh Sangat, the True Congregation of the Holy. My hopes and desires have all been fulfilled; my Beloved Husband Lord has hugged me close in His embrace. Prays Nanak, I have found that peace which I sought, meeting with the Guru. || 4 || 1 ||

Wednesday 29th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 12 May, 2004 (Page: 703)

WADAHANS, THIRD MEHL:

The Gurmukh practices true self-discipline, and attains the essence of wisdom. The Gurmukh focuses his meditation on the True One. || 1 || O my mind, become Gurmukh, and remember the Naam, the Name of the Lord. It shall stand by you forever, and go along with you. || Pause || The True One is the social status and the honor of the Gurmukh. Within the Gurmukh is God, his friend and helper. || 2 || He alone becomes Gurmukh, whom the Lord so blesses. He Himself blesses the Gurmukh with greatness. || 3 || The Gurmukh lives the True Word of the Shabad, and practices good deeds. The Gurmukh, O Nanak, emancipates his family and relations. || 4 || 6 ||

Thursday 30th Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 559)

TODEE, FIFTH MEHL:

I have enshrined the Lord’s Feet within my heart. Contemplating my Lord and Master, my True Guru, all my affairs have been resolved. || 1 || Pause || The merits of giving donations to charity and devotional worship come from the Kirtan of the Praises of the Transcendent Lord; this is the true essence of wisdom. Singing the Praises of the unapproachable, infinite Lord and Master, I have found immeasurable peace. || 1 || The Supreme Lord God does not consider the merits and demerits of those humble beings whom He makes His own. Hearing, chanting and meditating on the jewel of the Naam, I live; Nanak wears the Lord as his necklace. || 2 || 11 || 30 ||

Friday 31st Vaisaakh (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 718)

JAITSREE, FIFTH MEHL:

If only someone would unite me with the Lord! I hold tight to His feet, and utter sweet words with my tongue; I make my breath of life an offering to Him. || 1 || Pause || I make my mind and body into pure little gardens, and irrigate them with the sublime essence of the Lord. I am drenched with this sublime essence by His Grace, and the powerful hold of Maya’s corruption has been broken. || 1 || I have come to Your Sanctuary, O Destroyer of the suffering of the innocent; I keep my consciousness focused on You. Bless me with the gifts of the state of fearlessness, and meditative remembrance, Lord and Master; O Nanak, God is the Breaker of bonds. || 2 || 5 || 9 ||

Saturday 1st Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 701)

SORAT’H, 9th GURU:

The mind remains in the mind. He does not meditate on the Lord, nor does he perform service at sacred shrines, and so death seizes him by the hair. || 1 || Pause || Wife, friends, children, carriages, property, total wealth, the entire world — know that all of these things are false. The Lord’s meditation alone is true. || 1 || Wandering, wandering around for so many ages, he has grown weary, and finally, he obtained this human body. Says Nanak, this is the opportunity to meet the Lord; why don’t you remember Him in meditation? || 2 || 2 ||

Monday 3rd Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 17 May, 2004 (Page: 631)

JAITSREE, 5th GURU, CHHANT, FIRST HOUSE:

ONE UNIVERSAL CREATOR GOD. BY THE GRACE OF THE TRUE GURU: SHALOK:

I am thirsty for the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan, day and night; I yearn for Him constantly, night and day. Opening the door, O Nanak, the Guru has led me to meet with the Lord, my Friend. || 1 || CHHANT: Listen, O my intimate friend — I have just one prayer to make. I have been wandering around, searching for that enticing, sweet Beloved. Whoever leads me to my Beloved — I would cut off my head and offer it to him, even if I were granted the Blessed Vision of His Darshan for just an instant. My eyes are drenched with the Love of my Beloved; without Him, I do not have even a moment’s peace. My mind is attached to the Lord, like the fish to the water, and the sparrow-hawk, thirsty for the raindrops. Servant Nanak has found the Perfect Guru; his thirst is totally quenched. || 1 || O intimate friend, my Beloved has all these loving companions; I cannot compare to any of them. O intimate friend, each of them is more beautiful than the others; who could consider me? Each of them is more beautiful than the others; countless are His lovers, constantly enjoying bliss with Him. Beholding them, desire wells up in my mind; when will I obtain the Lord, the treasure of virtue? I dedicate my mind to those who please and attract my Beloved. Says Nanak, hear my prayer, O happy soul-brides; tell me, what does my Husband Lord look like? || 2 || O intimate friend, my Husband Lord does whatever He pleases; He is not dependent on anyone. O intimate friend, you have enjoyed your Beloved; please, tell me about Him. They alone find their Beloved, who eradicate self-conceit; such is the good destiny written on their foreheads. Taking me by the arm, the Lord and Master has made me His own; He has not considered my merits or demerits. She, whom You have adorned with the necklace of virtue, and dyed in the deep crimson color of His Love — everything looks beautiful on her. O servant Nanak, blessed is that happy soul-bride, who dwells with her Husband Lord. || 3 || O intimate friend, I have found that peace which I sought. My sought-after Husband Lord has come home, and now, congratulations are pouring in. Great joy and happiness welled up, when my Husband Lord, of ever-fresh beauty, showed mercy to me. By great good fortune, I have found Him; the Guru has united me with Him, through the Saadh Sangat, the True Congregation of the Holy. My hopes and desires have all been fulfilled; my Beloved Husband Lord has hugged me close in His embrace. Prays Nanak, I have found that peace which I sought, meeting with the Guru. || 4 || 1 ||

Wednesday 5th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 19 May, 2004 (Page: 703)

RAAG SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL, FIFTH HOUSE, PARTAAL:

Love of the enticing Beloved Lord is the most glorious love. Meditate, O mind, on the One Lord of the Universe — nothing else is of any account. Attach your mind to the Saints, and abandon the path of duality. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is absolute and unmanifest; He has assumed the most sublime manifestation. He has fashioned countless body chambers of many, varied, different, myriad forms. Within them, the mind is the policeman; my Beloved lives in the temple of my inner self. He plays there in ecstasy. He does not die, and he never grows old. || 1 || He is engrossed in worldly activities, wandering around in various ways. He steals the property of others, and is surrounded by corruption and sin. But now, he joins the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and stands before the Lord’s Gate. He obtains the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. Nanak has met the Guru; he shall not be reincarnated again. || 2 || 1 || 44 ||

Thursday 6th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 20 May, 2004 (Page: 746

SOOHEE, FIFTH MEHL:

Your life is slipping away, but you never even notice. You are constantly entangled in false attachments and conflicts. || 1 || Meditate, vibrate constantly, day and night, on the Lord. You shall be victorious in this priceless human life, in the Protection of the Lord’s Sanctuary. || 1 || Pause || You eagerly commit sins and practice corruption, but you do not enshrine the jewel of the Lord’s Name within your heart, even for an instant. || 2 || Feeding and pampering your body, your life is passing away, but you do not experience the state of victory of the Lord of the Universe. || 3 || So enter the Sanctuary of the All-powerful, Unfathomable Lord and Master. O God, O Searcher of hearts, please, save Nanak! || 4 || 27 || 33 ||

Friday 7th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 743)

RAAG SOOHEE, CHHANT, FIRST MEHL, FIRST HOUSE:

Intoxicated with the wine of youth, I did not realize that I was only a guest at my parents’ home (in this world). My consciousness is polluted with faults and mistakes; without the Guru, virtue does not even enter into me. I have not known the value of virtue; I have been deluded by doubt. I have wasted away my youth in vain. I have not known my Husband Lord, His celestial home and gate, or the Blessed Vision of His Darshan. I have not had the pleasure of my Husband Lord’s celestial peace. After consulting the True Guru, I have not walked on the Path; the night of my life is passing away in sleep. O Nanak, in the prime of my youth, I am a widow; without my Husband Lord, the soul-bride is wasting away. || 1 || O father, give me in marriage to the Lord; I am pleased with Him as my Husband. I belong to Him. He is pervading throughout the four ages, and the Word of His Bani permeates the three worlds. The Husband Lord of the three worlds ravishes and enjoys His virtuous brides, but He keeps the ungraceful and unvirtuous ones far away. As are our hopes, so are our minds’ desires, which the All-pervading Lord brings to fulfillment. The bride of the Lord is forever happy and virtuous; she shall never be a widow, and she shall never have to wear dirty clothes. O Nanak, I love my True Husband Lord; my Beloved is the same, age after age. || 2 || O Baba, calculate that auspicious moment, when I too shall be going to my in-laws’ house. The moment of that marriage will be set by the Hukam of God’s Command; His Will cannot be changed. The karmic record of past deeds, written by the Creator Lord, cannot be erased by anyone. The most respected member of the marriage party, my Husband, is the independent Lord of all beings, pervading and permeating the three worlds. Maya, crying out in pain, leaves, seeing that the bride and the groom are in love. O Nanak, the peace of the Mansion of God’s Presence comes through the True Word of the Shabad; the bride keeps the Guru’s Feet enshrined in her mind. || 3 || My father has given me in marriage far away, and I shall not return to my parents’ home. I am delighted to see my Husband Lord near at hand; in His Home, I am so beautiful. My True Beloved Husband Lord desires me; He has joined me to Himself, and made my intellect pure and sublime. By good destiny I met Him, and was given a place of rest; through the Guru’s Wisdom, I have become virtuous. I gather lasting Truth and contentment in my lap, and my Beloved is pleased with my truthful speech. O Nanak, I shall not suffer the pain of separation; through the Guru’s Teachings, I merge into the loving embrace of the Lord’s Being. || 4 || 1 ||

Tuesday 11th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 25 May, 2004 (Page: 763)

BILAAVAL, FIFTH MEHL:

Without the Lord, nothing is of any use. You are totally attached to that Enticer Maya; she is enticing you. || 1 || Pause || You shall have to leave behind your gold, your woman and your beautiful bed; you shall have to depart in an instant. You are entangled in the lures of sexual pleasures, and you are eating poisonous drugs. || 1 || You have built and adorned a palace of straw, and under it, you light a fire. Sitting all puffed-up in such a castle, you stubborn-minded fool, what do you think you will gain? || 2 || The five thieves stand over your head and seize you. Grabbing you by your hair, they will drive you on. You do not see them, you blind and ignorant fool; intoxicated with ego, you just keep sleeping. || 3 || The net has been spread out, and the bait has been scattered; like a bird, you are being trapped. Says Nanak, my bonds have been broken; I meditate on the True Guru, the Primal Being. || 4 || 2 || 88 ||

Wednesday 12th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 26 May, 2004 (Page: 821)

BILAAVAL, FIRST MEHL:

My mind is filled with such a great joy; I have blossomed forth in Truth. I am enticed by the love of my Husband Lord, the Eternal, Imperishable Lord God. The Lord is everlasting, the Master of masters. Whatever He wills, happens. O Great Giver, You are always kind and compassionate. You infuse life into all living beings. I have no other spiritual wisdom, meditation or worship; the Name of the Lord alone dwells deep within me. I know nothing about religious robes, pilgrimages or stubborn fanaticism; O Nanak, I hold tight to the Truth. || 1 || The night is beautiful, drenched with dew, and the day is delightful, when her Husband Lord wakes the sleeping soul-bride, in the home of the self. The young bride has awakened to the Word of the Shabad; she is pleasing to her Husband Lord. So renounce falsehood, fraud, love of duality and working for people. The Name of the Lord is my necklace, and I am anointed with the True Shabad. With his palms pressed together, Nanak begs for the gift of the True Name; please, bless me with Your Grace, through the pleasure of Your Will. || 2 || Awake, O bride of splendored eyes, and chant the Word of the Guru’s Bani. Listen, and place your faith in the Unspoken Speech of the Lord. The Unspoken Speech, the state of Nirvaanaa — how rare is the Gurmukh who understands this. Merging in the Word of the Shabad, self-conceit is eradicated, and the three worlds are revealed to her understanding. Remaining detached, with infinity infusing, the true mind cherishes the virtues of the Lord. He is fully pervading and permeating all places; Nanak has enshrined Him within his heart. || 3 || The Lord is calling you to the Mansion of His Presence; O soul-bride, He is the Lover of His devotees. Following the Guru’s Teachings, your mind shall be delighted, and your body shall be fulfilled. Conquer and subdue your mind, and love the Word of the Shabad; reform yourself, and realize the Lord of the three worlds. Her mind shall not waver or wander anywhere else, when she comes to know her Husband Lord. You are my only Support, You are my Lord and Master. You are my strength and anchor. She is forever truthful and pure, O Nanak; through the Word of the Guru’s Shabad, conflicts are resolved. || 4 || 2 ||

Thursday 13th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 27 May, 2004 (Page: 843)

TILANG, SECOND HOUSE, FIFTH MEHL:

There is no other than You, Lord. You are the Creator; whatever You do, that alone happens. You are the strength, and You are the support of the mind. Forever and ever, meditate, O Nanak, on the One. || 1 || The Great Giver is the Supreme Lord God over all. You are our support, You are our sustainer. || Pause || You are, You are, and You shall ever be, O inaccessible, unfathomable, lofty and infinite Lord. Those who serve You, are not touched by fear or suffering. By Guru’s Grace, O Nanak, sing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. || 2 || Whatever is seen, is Your form, O treasure of virtue, O Lord of the Universe, O Lord of incomparable beauty. Remembering, remembering, remembering the Lord in meditation, His humble servant becomes like Him. O Nanak, by His Grace, we obtain Him. || 3 || I am a sacrifice to those who meditate on the Lord. Associating with them, the whole world is saved. Says Nanak, God fulfills our hopes and aspirations. I long for the dust of the feet of the Saints. || 4 || 2 ||

Friday 14th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 723)

SORAT'H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Perfect Guru has attached me to His feet. I have obtained the Lord as my companion, my support, my best friend. Wherever I go, I am happy there. By His Kind Mercy, God united me with Himself. || 1 || So sing forever the Glorious Praises of the Lord with loving devotion. You shall obtain all the fruits of your mind's desires, and the Lord shall become the companion and the support of your soul. || 1 || Pause || The Lord is the support of the breath of life. I am the dust of the feet of the Holy people. I am a sinner, but the Lord made me pure. By His Kind Mercy, the Lord blessed me with His Praises. || 2 || The Supreme Lord God cherishes and nurtures me. He is always with me, the Protector of my soul. Singing the Kirtan of the Lord's Praises day and night, I shall not be consigned to reincarnation again. || 3 || One who is blessed by the Primal Lord, the Architect of Destiny, realizes the subtle essence of the Lord. The Mess! enger of Death does not come near him. In the Lord's Sanctuary, Nanak has found peace. || 4 || 9 || 59 ||

Saturday 15th Jayt'h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi)

DHANAASAREE, THIRD MEHL, SECOND HOUSE, CHAU-PADAS:

This wealth is inexhaustible. It shall never be exhausted, and it shall never be lost. The Perfect True Guru has revealed it to me. I am forever a sacrifice to my True Guru. By Guru’s Grace, I have enshrined the Lord within my mind. || 1 || They alone are wealthy, who lovingly attune themselves to the Lord’s Name. The Perfect Guru has revealed to me the Lord’s treasure; by the Lord’s Grace, it has come to abide in my mind. || Pause || He is rid of his demerits, and his heart is permeated with merit and virtue. By Guru’s Grace, he naturally dwells in celestial peace. True is the Word of the Perfect Guru’s Bani. They bring peace to the mind, and celestial peace is absorbed within. || 2 || O my humble Siblings of Destiny, behold this strange and wonderful thing: duality is overcome, and the Lord dwells within his mind. The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is priceless; it cannot be taken. By Guru’s Grace, it comes to abide in the mind. || 3 || He is the One God, abiding within all. Through the Guru’s Teachings, He is revealed in the heart. One who intuitively knows and realizes God, O Nanak, obtains the Naam; his mind is pleased and appeased. || 4 || 1 ||

Monday 17th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 31 May, 2004 (Page: 663)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL, FIRST HOUSE, ASHTAPADEES:

The One who created the whole world, O Siblings of Destiny, is the Almighty Lord, the Cause of causes. He fashioned the soul and the body, O Siblings of Destiny, by His own power. How can He be described? How can He be seen, O Siblings of Destiny? The Creator is One; He is indescribable. Praise the Guru, the Lord of the Universe, O Siblings of Destiny; through Him, the essence is known. || 1 || O my mind, meditate on the Lord, the Lord God. He blesses His servant with the gift of the Naam; He is the Destroyer of pain and suffering. || Pause || Everything is in His home, O Siblings of Destiny; His warehouse is overflowing with the nine treasures. His worth cannot be estimated, O Siblings of Destiny; He is lofty, inaccessible and infinite. He cherishes all beings and creatures, O Siblings of Destiny; he continually takes care of them. So meet with the Perfect True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, and merge in the Word of the Shabad. || 2 || Adoring the feet of the True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, doubt and fear are dispelled. Joining the Society of the Saints, cleanse your mind, O Siblings of Destiny, and dwell in the Name of the Lord. The darkness of ignorance shall be dispelled, O Siblings of Destiny, and the lotus of your heart shall blossom forth. By the Guru’s Word, peace wells up, O Siblings of Destiny; all fruits are with the True Guru. || 3 || Give up your sense of mine and yours, O Siblings of Destiny, and become the dust of the feet of all. In each and every heart, God is contained, O Siblings of Destiny; He sees, and hears, and is ever-present with us. On that day when one forgets the Supreme Lord God, O Siblings of Destiny, on that day, one ought to die crying out in pain. He is the all-powerful Cause of Causes, O Siblings of Destiny; he is totally filled with all powers. || 4 || The Love of the Name is the greatest treasure, O Siblings of Destiny; through it, emotional attachment to Maya is dispelled. If it is pleasing to His Will, then He unites us in His Union, O Siblings of Destiny; the Naam, the Name of the Lord, comes to abide in the mind. The heart-lotus of the Gurmukh blossoms forth, O Siblings of Destiny, and the heart is illumined. The Glory of God has been revealed, O Siblings of Destiny, and the earth and sky have blossomed forth. || 5 || The Perfect Guru has blessed me with contentment, O Siblings of Destiny; day and night, I remain attached to the Lord’s Love. My tongue continually chants the Lord’s Name, O Siblings of Destiny; this is the true taste, and the object of human life. Listening with my ears, I hear and so I live, O Siblings of Destiny; I have obtained the unchanging, unmoving state. That soul,which does not place its faith in the Lord shall burn, O Siblings of Destiny. || 6 || My Lord and Master has so many virtues, O Siblings of Destiny; I am a sacrifice to Him. He nurtures even the most worthless, O Siblings of Destiny, and gives home to the homeless. He gives us nourishment with each and every breath, O Siblings of Destiny; His Name is everlasting. One who meets with the True Guru, O Siblings of Destiny, does so only by perfect destiny. || 7 || Without Him, I cannot live, even for an instant, O Siblings of Destiny; He is totally filled with all powers. With every breath and morsel of food, I will not forget Him, O Siblings of Destiny; I behold Him ever-present. In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, I meet Him, O Siblings of Destiny; He is totally pervading and permeating everywhere. Those who do not embrace love for the Lord, O Siblings of Destiny, always die crying out in pain. || 8 || Grasping hold of the hem of His robe, O Siblings of Destiny, we are carried across the world-ocean of fear and pain. By His Glance of Grace, He has blessed us, O Siblings of Destiny; He shall be with us until the very end. My mind and body are soothed and calmed, O Siblings of Destiny, nourished by the food of the Naam. Nanak has entered His Sanctuary, O Siblings of Destiny; the Lord is the Destroyer of sins. || 9 || 1 ||

Wednesday 19th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 2 June 2004 (Page: 639)

DHANAASAREE, FIRST MEHL, CHHANT:

Why should I bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage? The Naam, the Name of the Lord, is the sacred shrine of pilgrimage. My sacred shrine of pilgrimage is spiritual wisdom within, and contemplation on the Word of the Shabad. The spiritual wisdom given by the Guru is the True sacred shrine of pilgrimage, where the ten festivals are always observed. I constantly beg for the Name of the Lord; grant it to me, O God, Sustainer of the world. The world is sick, and the Naam is the medicine to cure it; without the True Lord, filth sticks to it. The Guru’s Word is immaculate and pure; it radiates a steady Light. Constantly bathe in such a true shrine of pilgrimage. || 1 || Filth does not stick to the true ones; what filth do they have to wash off? If one strings a garland of virtues for oneself, what is there to cry for? One who conquers his own self through contemplation is saved, and saves others as well; he does not come to be born again. The supreme meditator is Himself the philosopher’s stone, which transforms lead into gold. The true man is pleasing to the True Lord. He is in ecstasy, truly happy, night and day; his sorrows and sins are taken away. He finds the True Name, and beholds the Guru; with the True Name in his mind, no filth sticks to him. || 2 || O friend, association with the Holy is the perfect cleansing bath. The singer who sings the Lord’s Praises is adorned with the Word of the Shabad. Worship the True Lord, and believe in the True Guru; this brings the merit of making donations to charity, kindness and compassion. The soul-bride who loves to be with her Husband Lord bathes at the Triveni, the sacred place where the Ganges, Jamuna and Saraswaati Rivers converge, the Truest of the True. Worship and adore the One Creator, the True Lord, who constantly gives, whose gifts continually increase. Salvation is attained by associating with the Society of the Saints, O friend; granting His Grace, God unites us in His Union. || 3 || Everyone speaks and talks; how great should I say He is? I am foolish, lowly and ignorant; it is only through the Guru’s Teachings that I understand. True are the Teachings of the Guru. His Words are Ambrosial Nectar; my mind is pleased and appeased by them. Loaded down with corruption and sin, people depart, and then come back again; the True Shabad is found through my Guru. There is no end to the treasure of devotion; the Lord is pervading everywhere. Nanak utters this true prayer; one who purifies his mind is True. || 4 || 1 ||

Thursday 20th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 687)

FIFTH MEHL:

Naam Dayv’s mind was absorbed into God, Gobind, Gobind, Gobind. The calico-printer, worth half a shell, became worth millions. || 1 || Pause || Abandoning weaving and stretching thread, Kabeer enshrined love for the Lord’s lotus feet. A weaver from a lowly family, he became an ocean of excellence. || 1 || Ravi Daas, who used to carry dead cows every day, renounced the world of Maya. He became famous in the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, and obtained the Blessed Vision of the Lord’s Darshan. || 2 || Sain, the barber, the village drudge, became famous in each and every house. The Supreme Lord God dwelled in his heart, and he was counted among the devotees. || 3 || Hearing this, Dhanna the Jaat applied himself to devotional worship. The Lord of the Universe met him personally; Dhanna was so very blessed. || 4 || 2 ||

Monday 24th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 7 June 2004 (Page: 487)

GUJRI, FIFTH MEHL, SECOND HOUSE:

Among kings, You are called the King. Among land-lords, You are the Land-lord. Among masters, You are the Master. Among tribes, Yours is the Supreme Tribe. || 1 || My Father is wealthy, deep and profound. What praises should I chant, O Creator Lord? Beholding You, I am wonder-struck. || 1 || Pause || Among the peaceful, You are called the Peaceful One. Among givers, You are the Greatest Giver. Among the glorious, You are said to be the Most Glorious. Among revellers, You are the Reveller. || 2 || Among warriors, You are called the Warrior. Among indulgers, You are the Indulger. Among householders, You are the Great Householder. Among yogis, You are the Yogi. || 3 || Among creators, You are called the Creator. Among the cultured, You are the Cultured One. Among bankers, You are the True Banker. Among merchants, You are the Merchant. || 4 || Among courts, Yours is the Court. Yours is the Most Sublime of Sanctuaries. The extent of Your wealth cannot be determined. Your Coins cannot be counted. || 5 || Among names, Your Name, God, is the most respected. Among the wise, You are the Wisest. Among ways, Yours, God, is the Best Way. Among purifying baths, Yours is the Most Purifying. || 6 || Among spiritual powers, Yours, O God, are the Spiritual Powers. Among actions, Yours are the Greatest Actions. Among wills, Your Will, God, is the Supreme Will. Of commands, Yours is the Supreme Command. || 7 || As You cause me to speak, so do I speak, O Lord Master. What other power do I have? In the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy, O Nanak, sing His Praises; they are so very dear to God. || 8 || 1 || 8 ||

Tuesday 25th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 8 June 2004 (Page: 507)

SHALOK, FIFTH MEHL:

O Husband Lord, You have given me the silk gown of Your Love to cover and protect my honor. You are all-wise and all-knowing, O my Master; Nanak: I have not appreciated Your value, Lord. || 1 || FIFTH MEHL: By Your meditative remembrance, I have found everything; nothing seems difficult to me. One whose honor the True Lord Master has preserved — O Nanak, no one can dishonor him. || 2 || PAUREE: Meditating on the Lord, there comes a great peace. Multitudes of illnesses vanish, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord. Utter peace pervades within, when God comes to mind. One’s hopes are fulfilled, when one’s mind is filled with the Name. No obstacles stand in the way, when one eliminates his self-conceit. The intellect attains the blessing of spiritual wisdom from the Guru. He receives everything, unto whom the Lord Himself gives. You are the Lord and Master of all; all are under Your Protection. || 8 ||

Wednesday 26th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 9 June 2004 (Page: 520)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

Waaho! Waaho! is the Bani, the Word, of the Formless Lord. There is no other as great as He is. Waaho! Waaho! The Lord is unfathomable and inaccessible. Waaho! Waaho! He is the True One. Waaho! Waaho! He is the self-existent Lord. Waaho! Waaho! As He wills, so it comes to pass. Waaho! Waaho! is the Ambrosial Nectar of the Naam, the Name of the Lord, obtained by the Gurmukh. Waaho! Waaho! This is realized by His Grace, as He Himself grants His Grace. O Nanak, Waaho! Waaho! This is obtained by the Gurmukhs, who hold tight to the Naam, night and day. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: Without serving the True Guru, peace is not obtained, and the sense of duality does not depart. No matter how much one may wish, without the Lord’s Grace, He is not found. Those who are filled with greed and corruption are ruined by the love of duality. They cannot escape birth and death, and with egotism within them, they suffer in misery. Those who center their consciousness on the True Guru, never go empty-handed. They are not summoned by the Messenger of Death, and they do not suffer in pain. O Nanak, the Gurmukhs are saved; they merge in the True Lord. || 2 || PAUREE: He alone is called a minstrel, who enshrines love for his Lord and Master. Standing at the Lord’s Door, he serves the Lord, and reflects upon the Word of the Guru’s Shabad. The minstrel attains the Lord’s Gate and Mansion, and he keeps the True Lord clasped to his heart. The status of the minstrel is exalted; he loves the Name of the Lord. The service of the minstrel is to meditate on the Lord; he is emancipated by the Lord. || 18 ||

Thursday 27th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 10 June 2004 (Page: 515)

SORAT’H, FIFTH MEHL:

The Restorer of what was taken away, the Liberator from captivity; the Formless Lord, the Destroyer of pain. I do not know about karma and good deeds; I do not know about Dharma and righteous living. I am so greedy, chasing after Maya. I go by the name of God’s devotee; please, save this honor of Yours. || 1 || O Dear Lord, You are the honor of the dishonored. You make the unworthy ones worthy, O my Lord of the Universe; I am a sacrifice to Your almighty creative power. || Pause || Like the child, innocently making thousands of mistakes — his father teaches him, and scolds him so many times, but still, he hugs him close in his embrace. Please forgive my past actions, God, and place me on Your path for the future. || 2 || The Lord, the Inner-knower, the Searcher of hearts, knows all about my state of mind; so who else should I go to and speak to? The Lord, the Lord of the Universe, is not pleased by mere recitation of words; if it is pleasing to His Will, He preserves our honor. I have seen all other shelters, but Yours alone remains for me. || 3 || Becoming kind and compassionate, God the Lord and Master Himself listens to my prayer. He unites me in Union with the Perfect True Guru, and all the cares and anxieties of my mind are dispelled. The Lord, Har, Har, has placed the medicine of the Naam into my mouth; servant Nanak abides in peace. || 4 || 12 || 62 ||

Friday 28th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 624)

WADAHANS, FOURTH MEHL, GHOREES ~ THE WEDDING PROCESSION:

This body-horse was created by the Lord. Blessed is human life, which is obtained by virtuous actions. Human life is obtained only by the most virtuous actions; this body is radiant and golden. The Gurmukh is imbued with the deep crimson color of the poppy; he is imbued with the new color of the Lord’s Name, Har, Har, Har. This body is so very beautiful; it chants the Name of the Lord, and it is adorned with the Name of the Lord, Har, Har. By great good fortune, the body is obtained; the Naam, the Name of the Lord, is its companion; O servant Nanak, the Lord has created it. || 1 || I place the saddle on the body-horse, the saddle of realization of the Good Lord. Riding this horse, I cross over the treacherous world-ocean. The treacherous world-ocean is rocked by countless waves, but the Gurmukh is carried across. Embarking upon the boat of the Lord, the very fortunate ones cross over; the Guru, the Boatman, carries them across, through the Word of the Shabad. Night and day, imbued with the Lord’s Love, singing the Glorious Praises of the Lord, the Lord’s lover loves the Lord. Servant Nanak has attained the state of Nirvaanaa, the state of ultimate goodness, the state of the Lord. || 2 || The Guru has implanted spiritual wisdom within me, as a bridle in my mouth. He has applied the whip of the Lord’s Love to my body. Applying the whip of the Lord’s Love to the body, the Gurmukh conquers the mind, and wins the battle of life. He trains his untrained mind with the Word of the Shabad, and drinks in the rejuvenating essence of the Lord’s Nectar. Listen with your ears to the Word, spoken by the Guru, and attune your body-horse to the Lord’s Love. Servant Nanak has crossed over on the path, the treacherous path. || 3 || The body-horse was created by the Lord. Blessed, blessed is that body-horse which meditates on the Lord God. Blessed and acclaimed is that body-horse which meditates on the Lord God; it is obtained by the merits of past actions. Riding the body-horse, one crosses over the treacherous world-ocean; the Gurmukh meets the Lord, the embodiment of supreme bliss. The Lord, Har, Har, has perfectly arranged this wedding; the Saints have come together as a wedding party. Servant Nanak has obtained the Lord as his Spouse; joining together, the Saints sing the songs of joy and congratulations. || 4 || 1 || 5 ||

30th Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) (Page: 575)

SHALOK, THIRD MEHL:

O mind, meditate on the Dear Lord, with single-minded conscious concentration. The glorious greatness of the Lord shall last forever and ever; He never regrets what He gives. I am forever a sacrifice to the Lord; serving Him, peace is obtained. O Nanak, the Gurmukh remains merged with the Lord; he burns away his ego through the Word of the Shabad. || 1 || THIRD MEHL: He Himself enjoins us to serve Him, and He Himself blesses us with forgiveness. He Himself is the father and mother of all; He Himself cares for us. O Nanak, those who meditate on the Naam, the Name of the Lord, abide in the home of their inner being; they are honored throughout the ages. || 2 || PAUREE: You are the Creator, all-powerful, able to do anything. Without You, there is no other at all. You Yourself created the world, and You Yourself shall destroy it in the end. The Word of Your Shabad alone is pervading everywhere; whatever You do, comes to pass. God blesses the Gurmukh with glorious greatness, and then, he finds the Lord. As Gurmukh, Nanak worships and adores the Lord; let everyone proclaim, “Blessed, blessed, blessed is He, the Guru!†|| 29 || 1 || SUDH ||

Monday 31st Jayt’h (Samvat 536 Nanakshahi) 14 June 2004 (Page: 653)