Contraception

Desikuddi, think about it....if sex was painful then no one would bother having children, but when its pleasureable.... the task of reproduction can be done much more easily and it is less time consuming :LOL: :lol:

But pleasure can be controlled......"pleasurable needs", don''t go over the top and start making it a life time job, lol :LOL:

I would love to have a child in my tummy, innit lads....all these gyals complaining and dat.........it is a "blessing" ,a gift from Guru Ji which allow you to take someone from recarnation and let them live a precious human life. Women should be proud of what Guru Ji has enabled you to do.

Inda future desikuddi, if no sikhs are having bachay, they'll be less gursikhs inda world........lets someone else have a chance in this world to connect with the one and only waheguroo and yourself is to blame :P;)

Guest Javanmard

1. God creates everything with a purpose right?

2. If that's true then how can you say sex is not for pleasure if God gave women a clithoris?

3. If God gave women a clithoris this means that sex is also for pleasure!4

4. It's natural, created by God hence it is good!!!

Guest Javanmard

So how come most SIkh medicinal literature before the British deals in substantial form about erotic medicine?

Why did Guru Gobind Singh write Charitropakhyan then and openly say that a man who does not please his woman goes to hell!

maybe because legitimate pleasure is not bad and because is also present in that pleasure...

strange how this whole debates smells like frustrated Prostant discourse...

hmm :roll: maybe because Protestant ideas have slipped into the Panth during the British Raj...

Guest Javanmard

These passages in Charitropakhyan are explicitly sexual!!! (anyone who's read it knows that!)

The thread here is on contraception not on wheter sex for pelasure is good or not. If you wish to continue to discuss on the issue of sex please do read the link inidcated by truthsingh. If you cannot give a constructive contribution on the issue of contraception please abstain!

Condoms are by far the best protection against the transmission of std and those organisations who forbid it are hardcore Protestant and Catholics.(nothing against Christianity or any religion: I am just against fanatics be they Christian, Muslims or even Sikhs!) If people wish to join them there are plenty of churches around the world!!!

Guest Javanmard

Was that a rhetoric question? I am the jathedar :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

Of course I am not but that does not mean that I can't redirect you towards a discussion thread which corresponds more to what you wish to discuss! The debate is on contraception Not on the issue of pleasure in sex, for that purpose there is another thread.

If you wish to discuss contraception then let's talk about condoms, pills, etc...

If you're interested in discussing sexuality in Sikhi there is a discussion thread just for that.

there is nothing wrong in what I am doing :shock:

Guest Javanmard

here are some useful links

www.contraception.net

www.contraceptiononline.org

ec.princeton.edu/info/contrac.html

http://www.fhi.org/en/Youth/YouthNet/ResForYouth/index.htm

world health organisation

http://www.who.int/health_topics/contraception/en/

and for those who seem to forget that condoms save lives

http://www.who.int/health-topics/hiv.htm

Guest Javanmard

I knew you had a sense oh humour hence you experienced pleasure. God gave you a heart and the fact that you laugh shows that you are receptive to humour and that you experience pleasure. is that bad or sinful? no.

when you eat a chocolate cake do you eat it just to nourish yourself or because you experience pleasure by eating it?

think about it!

:wink:

Guest Javanmard

yes: sex, life, art, love, God etc.. should be enjoyed

sex (like everything else) is not the obstacle, it's you inability to see beauty and divinity in it that prevents one from seeing the Divine.

If we look at the role of erotica in the SIkh tradition you can see that already in Adi Guru Granth Sahib the Gurus consider themselves to be the brides of the Divine. Guru Arjan as the soul-bride in one of the banis explicitly asks the Beloved One to join his bed. The description of the beauty of Akal Purakh are quite erotic as well. In dasam Guru Granth Sahib erotic references are clearly and explicitly mentioned in Krishna Avatar and Charitropakhyan where Maharaj clearly states that a man who does not satisfy his wife is a sinner! Also that the one who does not enjoy sexuality and other things (I don't want to shock people too much...) has not lived.

God gave us a body, enjoying sexuality is a gift of God.

The message is: Enjoy it, master it but don't become the slave of it!

as for meat: there has never been a problem with meat in the Panth. The insitution of mahaprasad is very old. Only groups like taksal, akj and some sant groups have a problem with it!