The Airline Industry and Restricting Kirpans/Karas Etc

ihow do you feel about that? should that be acceptable if its in the best interest of all (to appease other passenger's anxieties)?

I think thats a understandable issue... on one hand you have prem for your amrit.. people say if take out kirpan you amrit breaks .. thats wrong... vaheguroo is watchin... vaheguroo knows the mazbooriyas... yeah if you take out kirpan purposely then its a different story..

but yeah do ardas before aand after you get the kirpan..

and also on the side note: its not good to eat anything after you take off ur kirpan in airlane.. how could a person eat.. when 1 of 5k is been separate from you...

a true gursikh will always understand the problems facing airport these days... so best thing is to humble ardas infront of guru granth sahib before and after your travell :D

its not good to eat anything after you take off ur kirpan in airlane.. how could a person eat.. when 1 of 5k is been separate from you...

a true gursikh will always understand the problems facing airport these days... so best thing is to humble ardas infront of guru granth sahib before and after your travell :D

Why is it not good to eat if u do take of ur kakers of. if u can explain please can u give me a logical and practical answer. that would make sense to a non religious individual.

also when a sikh is in prison with out there kakars or a POW at war. does the same rule apply. or do we as sikhs have to be logical and have a practical approach towards our faith.

i believe this faith is logical and practical and it is not based on blind ritualistic faith .

otherwise this faith is the same as every other, and eventually we too shall become hypocrites of our own faith...unless its already happening??

Veer..i been told its a disrespect...its not a blind ritual...i been told when i took amrit from panj pyareeiz through dadami takshal...now gotta follow the rehat aint it :?

it make sense for me...it may not make sense for you...we all brothers with a very slight way of thinkin and beleivin things...

vahegurooooooooooooooooooooo :D

Sikhi is a faith that lives in the real world and understands real world pressures.

Yes the guru has commanded you to wear the 5K's at all times and by taking them off strictly speaking you are breaking that vow but but like i said Sikhs live in the real world and to live your lief you may have to compromise on issues.

The simple asnswer is after u have commited this "sin" u ask the panj pyaraye for forgivness and they will give u a "punishment" in line wotever u sin u commited as a form of atonement if you will.

again this isnt to punish u (maybe using punishment above was the wrong word hmm) but to help u atone - its usually something like a couple of hours community service in the gurdwara or something.

Not anything thast gonna break ur back just ur personal way of atoning.

The main thing that has to be remebered is that Sikhi isnt about mindlessness and empty rituals and practices - yes a kirpan is there to defend urself in times of danger but learning a martial art will protect u just as well as ur kirpan on an aeroplane.

Just as IMHO there is no point carrying a Kirpan if u dont keep it sharm - it isnt there as a badge its there for a purpose.

Yep as a baptised Sikh u r supposed to be decked out in ur uniform of the 5 K's 24/7

Most baptised Sikhs i know even make sure they take one leg out of ther kashera and put the fresh kashera on one leg before removing the the solied kashera.

Most amritdhari sikhs are very conscious of obeying there vows about the panj kakkar.

Yea i just got baptised a week back.. i wear it all the time... just in shower i do very smaller one since bigger one's strap its get wet...its not just comfortable i guess..

as long as you got substitute of that kirpan to replace it .. its all good..

rehat maryada for sikhs are there to give you way of life in a boundary.. so that mann doesnt wander around...

there are certain rules in school and colleges.. this is spirtual route to vaheguroo...there are some certain rules and disciples here ttoo .. have to be to balance things...however its not really neccessary to follow 101% rehat maryada... if you can follow 90% its all good since its disciplines are really pricise..even the panj pyareiz tells us thats its there to help you thats all..if you make any mistake.. just humbly do ardas...

vaheguroo smaaraaath haga... bakshanhar.. satguru purkh agam nirvair niralla.. vaheguroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.. akal he akaaal :D

yeh while u take a shower / bath and u get out - u must always have one leg in the kachera - take one leg out - place it into the new one - other leg out and thats it :P:P

neo - wat i do is.... get the gatra.... and hang it off the back off my head - and from the front twist the gatra so it becomes tight... and place it on the top of my dastaar and u can have a bath/shower without havin to take off the big kirpan :D:D takes a bit of practice to get it nice n tight - otherwise it will fall off ur head lol

i tried to find a picture of it.... but this was the best i could find... :cry:

Sikh%20man%20Dipping%20at%20sunset.jpg

Vaheguroooooooooooooo

Well all i got too says is that everyone have diff point of view!!!!! yeah u are sooo right about while u take a shower / bath and u get out - u must always have one leg in the kachera - take one leg out place it into the new one - other leg out and thats it!!!!! and also what u said about the Kirpan toooo!!! sooo right!!!

I travel myself alot!!!!! I had too talk off my kirpan!!! before i goo!!! but ur amrit never breaks .. thats wrong...GURU JEE IS WACTHING U.......ALL I CAN SAYS JUST DOO ARDAS BEFORE U TAKE OFF UR KIRPAN......

Vahegurooooooooooooooooo

Um. from what i understand the pupose of the kirpan is to protect yourself and others phycially. We do Kirpa with a kirpan. So if your not to bothered with the whole Sarbloh reht thing, why not get a high tension plastic one (which is still strong and sharp as i have one) made that doesnt beep when you go trough the metal detecter.