Whats the reason to use "Durbar" instead of Granth

Amritpal Singh "Amrit" ji checked 'Sarabloh Granth' published by Jathedar Santa Singh Nihang. They have used the word 'Granth' everywhere for Guru Granth Sahib, Dasam Granth and Sarabloh Granth. They have not used the word 'Durbar' for any of Granth.

It will be good if the owner/owners/writers of www.sarbloh.info join this discussion and tell us why they have used the word 'Durbar' instead of 'Granth'.

The word 'Granth' has been used by 'Budhha Dal' itself. Before we discuss this topic, we need someone to explain why the word 'Durbar' has been used.

Even the official website of 'Budha Dal' has used the word 'Granth' for Adi Granth and Dasam Granth (See: Glossary section of http://budhadal.com/hisofbudhadal2.htm) :)

It is clear that the official website of Budha Dal has not used the word 'Durbar' (it must be 'Darbar') for Sri Dasam Granth or Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

Also see the pictures of real Nihangs: - http://www.budhadal.com/pictures1.htm and http://www.budhadal.com/pictures.htm :nihung:

• 3 weeks later...

The reason why people state Darbar instead of Granth is due to all Bani being 'Mukhvaak' from the Guru's themselves.

Esp the bani from the dasam and sarbloh granth,

Some groups claim that when the bani of the granths is being recited you are actually placed in the Darbar of the Guru listening to the Guru say these divine words.

That is what i got told when i questioned it

Not a bab answer at all i think

"Granth" refers to a bound volume/text...and refers not only to scriptures, but to historical texts, eg, Suraj Prakash Granth...etc. It is not a term ideally used by Sanatan Sikhs who are aware of maryada (traditions) to refer to sacred scriptures.

Sanatan Sikhs consider Guru as King of Kings, ie "Guru Maharaj". When in any King's presence you are in the "Durbar", ie, Court of the King.

Therefore, when we are in Guru Maharaj's presence ("Hazoori") listening, reciting, contemplating the message from the mightest of ALL Kings, we are within the "Durbar".

In the case of Sanatan Sikhs, the Durbars are Adi Guru Durbar, Dasam Guru Durbar, and Sarbloh Guru Durbar, all of which are considered Guru for they contain the Guru's words.

Also, taking this further, the "Golden Temple"/ "Hari Mandir" is also often referred to as "Durbar Sahib".

Hope that helped..

The term Gurdwara was given by Guru hargobind Sahib himself before it was called dharamsalas wherever Gurus and Sikhs gathering occured. Gurudwara which stands for Door of Guru or you can say gateway to Guru. Also, Golden Temple/ Hari Mandir are not text and Durbar is attached to show court of "Sahib" which is used for Gurus.

So, if I go by your statement then its wrong to use Durbar for Guru himself because it shows court not text and all of the Gurus Bani is in shabad form which was compiled in form of Granth. If you want to call it Guru Darbar then it can be your personal choice but I couldn't find historical reference where this term was used by any sikhs. I might have missed it as there are so many historical books/text available but so far I couldn't find any reference to term which presented on your website.

Also, if you think "Granth" makes our Guru Granth sahib, Sri Dasam Granth, Sri Sarbloh Granth kind of lower because other texts are being called Granth too then its naive statement because then we have to stop using "Guru" also as thats also being used for other people the ones don't even come near to level of our Gurus.

Regards,

Ok! I just spoke with Nihang Baba ji of Budha dal and he explained it to me why you are using it. He said that when there is a prakash of three Granths then its called "Darbar" or court but I couldn't understand the concept of calling each Granth Guru Darbar.