Famous Sikh Writers & Anti Sikh Writers!

Source: http://www.dilgeer.com/famous.htm

I came across this link of writers and it has good information. I'm not sure if analysis is right or not but you can see the list.

Famous Sikh Writers & Anti Sikh Writers

Theology: Bhai Gurdas, Bhai Nand Lal, Bhai Mani Singh, Bhai Vir Singh, Prof. Gurmukh Singh, Giani Dit Singh, Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha, Dr. Sher Singh, Bhai Jodh Singh, Prof. Sahib Singh, Bhai Randhir Singh, Sirdar Kapur Singh, Dr. Surinder Singh Kohli, Dr. Taran Singh, Dr. Darshan Singh, Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgeer, Dr. Jodh Singh, Dr. Wazir Singh, Sirdar Daljeet Singh etc.

History: Bhai Sainapati, Bhai Koer Singh, Bhai Sukkha Singh, Bhai Kesar Singh Chhiber, Bhai Swarup Singh Kaushish, Bhai Sewa Singh, Bhai Ratan Singh Bhangu, Bhai Santokh Singh, Giani Gian Singh, Baba Prem Singh Hoti, S. Karam Singh Historian, Dr. Ganda Singh, Dr. Kirpal Singh, Akali Kaur Singh, Principal Teja Singh, Giani Lal Singh, Prof. Harbans Singh, Prof. Kirpal Singh, Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgeer, Dr. Gurmit Singh Sirsa, S. Gurratan Pal Singh, S. Sohan Singh Josh, Giani Tarlok Singh, Dr. Gurbachan Singh Nayyar, Dr. Dalip Singh, Dr. Madanjit Kaur, Principal Pritam Singh, S. Jagjit Singh, Giani Kesar Singh, S. Jasbir Singh Sarna etc.

Poetry: Bhai Gurdas, Bhai Nand Lal, Bhai Vir Singh, Prof. Puran Singh, Bhai Hira Singh Dard, S. Teja Singh Sabar, S. Vidhata Singh Tir, S. Piara Singh Nirshal, S. Ram Narayan Singh Dardi, S. Pritam Singh Safeer, Dr. Sadhu Singh Hamdard, S. Sohan Singh Seetal, Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgeer, Prof. Sher Singh Kanwal, S Ajit Singh Rahi, S. Jasbir Singh Sarna, S. Gajinder Singh etc.

Fiction: Bhai Vir Singh, Master Tara Singh, Bhai Lal Singh Kamla Akali, Bhai Nanak Singh, Bhai Sujan Singh, Giani Kesar Singh, S. Karam Singh Zakhmi, Giani Bhajan Singh, Giani Tarlok Singh, Dr. Dalip Kaur Tiwana, Mrs. Ajit Kaur etc.

Others:- Akali Kaur Singh, Giani Garja Singh, Dr. Harnam Singh Shan, Dr. Diwan Singh, Sirdar Piara Singh Padam, S. Manohar Singh Marco, Dr. Jasbir Singh Mann, Sirdar Ajit Singh Bagha, S. Sarup Singh Narang, etc.

Anti-Sikh Writers and Propagandists:- Bute Shah, Earnest Trump, Shardha Ram Phillauri, W. H. McLeod (New Zealand) [known to be the ring-leader of the Anti-Sikhism School], J. S. Grewal, Sujit Hans, Harjot Oberoi, Pishaura Sinh, Jasbir S. Ahluwalia, Amrita Imroz (formerly Amrita Pritam), Gurinder Maan, Ian Mulgrew (Canada), Rudy Thomsen (Denmark) etc. These propagandists have been collaborated by Khushwant Singh, Patwant Singh, Piara S. Bhogal, Jaswant S. Kanwal, Mohinder Singh (Delhi), S.S.Dhanoa, I. J. Singh (New York) etc. In fact, with the exception of Dr. Noel Q. King, most of the non-Sikh writers, while writing about the Sikhs, have collaborated with the "Anti-Sikhism School" in one or another manner. There is another conspiracy of propaganda against the Sikh religion: in the name of Sikh studies, chairs have been established in the universities at Toronto, Vancouver, Michigen, New York, California etc.and the associates of Anti-Sikhism School have been appointed there apparently with the intention of production and promotion of blasphemous and malicious writings against Sikhism. There seems to be an international anti-Sikhism movement. Some famous publication houses including Oxford University Press, the Penguins and Cambridge University Press seem to be ever ready to publish each and every book produced by "Anti-Sikhism School", in spite of the fact that those works have no commercial or academic value.

Entires about Sikhism, in Encyclopaedia Britannica and several other encyclopaedias, which have been written by the persons mentioned above are mischievous, most of the material is inaccurate, distorted and concoted. All this is a part of some international conspiracy against the Sikhs.

For comprehensive information read books:

McLeod…. As scholars of Sikh studies

By Gurdarshan Singh Dhillon

Another book by Dr Trilochan Singh

Entires about Sikhism, in Encyclopaedia Britannica and several other encyclopaedias, which have been written by the persons mentioned above are mischievous, most of the material is inaccurate, distorted and concoted. All this is a part of some international conspiracy against the Sikhs.

Truth Singh Ji What can we do about these publications. They do not respond to our queries at all. Even Sikh Coalition has not responded. Please is there any authority who can take lead in correcting these anomolies...?

Truth Singh Ji What can we do about these publications. They do not respond to our queries at all. Even Sikh Coalition has not responded. Please is there any authority who can take lead in correcting these anomolies...?

Lawsuit.

• 4 years later...

"He failed to realise that Guru Sahib and Bani are one. The final form of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji given to us has not changed, so has not 'evolved'."

The evolution that is spoken of, is in terms of evolving language, bani collection and raag classification/order. I don't see how Gurinder Singh has failed to realise Guru and Bani are one. In any case, his findings, Pashaura Singh findings and Piar Singhs findings are based on their own academic research. If anyone has a problem with their research then they should repond by disproving it in the correct academic manner rather than appointing a Badal appointed fatwa. Even if they are wrong, the logical academic conclusion will reach fruition quicker if all incorrect theories can first of be brought to light and then comprehensively disproved. I personally do not feel their is any malice from these authors, they are simply trying to remain unbiased as any true academic should. I have never seen that any of them has ever questioned the supreme authority of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji as Jadi Jyot.

I am going to show you one example of how confused these people are:

17.01.2006 - Sri Akal Takht Gurumata (Extract):

"The methodology adopted by the above mentioned scholars to study the Guru HarSahai Pothi, extant Goindval Pothis and MS # 1245 is not an analytical one but attempts to establish the pre-determined notions. They have ignored historical and academic standards to judge the authenticity and veracity of these Pothis and employ them only to indulge in fabricating the evidence for their convenience. The research on these Pothis by Sikh scholars confirms that these Pothis had no role to play in the compilation, editing and canonization of Sri Guru Granth Sahib nor the origin or upkeep of these Pothis has been done by any Sikh personality."

Here it clearly says Goindval Pothis has no role to play in the canonisation of Sri Adi Granth. SGPCs website states the following:

"Compilation of Guru Granth Sahib. Guru Arjan gave a central place of worship to the Sikhs in Harmandir Sahib. What now he wanted was a scripture for the Sikhs. So he collected from Bhai Mohan, the son of Guru Amar Das, the hymns of the first three Gurus and some Bhagats, and added to them the compositions of his father Guru Ramdas, and his own. He got the Adi Granth written by Bhai Gurdas."

http://www.sgpc.net/sikhism/guru-granth-sahib.html

So should Badals Akal Takht be giving a Tankhah to Badals SGPC?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Source: http://www.dilgeer.com/famous.htm

I came across this link of writers and it has good information. I'm not sure if analysis is right or not but you can see the list.

Famous Sikh Writers & Anti Sikh Writers

Theology: Bhai Gurdas, Bhai Nand Lal, Bhai Mani Singh, Bhai Vir Singh, Prof. Gurmukh Singh, Giani Dit Singh, Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha, Dr. Sher Singh, Bhai Jodh Singh, Prof. Sahib Singh, Bhai Randhir Singh, Sirdar Kapur Singh, Dr. Surinder Singh Kohli, Dr. Taran Singh, Dr. Darshan Singh, Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgeer, Dr. Jodh Singh, Dr. Wazir Singh, Sirdar Daljeet Singh etc.

History: Bhai Sainapati, Bhai Koer Singh, Bhai Sukkha Singh, Bhai Kesar Singh Chhiber, Bhai Swarup Singh Kaushish, Bhai Sewa Singh, Bhai Ratan Singh Bhangu, Bhai Santokh Singh, Giani Gian Singh, Baba Prem Singh Hoti, S. Karam Singh Historian, Dr. Ganda Singh, Dr. Kirpal Singh, Akali Kaur Singh, Principal Teja Singh, Giani Lal Singh, Prof. Harbans Singh, Prof. Kirpal Singh, Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgeer, Dr. Gurmit Singh Sirsa, S. Gurratan Pal Singh, S. Sohan Singh Josh, Giani Tarlok Singh, Dr. Gurbachan Singh Nayyar, Dr. Dalip Singh, Dr. Madanjit Kaur, Principal Pritam Singh, S. Jagjit Singh, Giani Kesar Singh, S. Jasbir Singh Sarna etc.

Poetry: Bhai Gurdas, Bhai Nand Lal, Bhai Vir Singh, Prof. Puran Singh, Bhai Hira Singh Dard, S. Teja Singh Sabar, S. Vidhata Singh Tir, S. Piara Singh Nirshal, S. Ram Narayan Singh Dardi, S. Pritam Singh Safeer, Dr. Sadhu Singh Hamdard, S. Sohan Singh Seetal, Dr. Harjinder Singh Dilgeer, Prof. Sher Singh Kanwal, S Ajit Singh Rahi, S. Jasbir Singh Sarna, S. Gajinder Singh etc.

Fiction: Bhai Vir Singh, Master Tara Singh, Bhai Lal Singh Kamla Akali, Bhai Nanak Singh, Bhai Sujan Singh, Giani Kesar Singh, S. Karam Singh Zakhmi, Giani Bhajan Singh, Giani Tarlok Singh, Dr. Dalip Kaur Tiwana, Mrs. Ajit Kaur etc.

Others:- Akali Kaur Singh, Giani Garja Singh, Dr. Harnam Singh Shan, Dr. Diwan Singh, Sirdar Piara Singh Padam, S. Manohar Singh Marco, Dr. Jasbir Singh Mann, Sirdar Ajit Singh Bagha, S. Sarup Singh Narang, etc.

Anti-Sikh Writers and Propagandists:- Bute Shah, Earnest Trump, Shardha Ram Phillauri, W. H. McLeod (New Zealand) [known to be the ring-leader of the Anti-Sikhism School], J. S. Grewal, Sujit Hans, Harjot Oberoi, Pishaura Sinh, Jasbir S. Ahluwalia, Amrita Imroz (formerly Amrita Pritam), Gurinder Maan, Ian Mulgrew (Canada), Rudy Thomsen (Denmark) etc. These propagandists have been collaborated by Khushwant Singh, Patwant Singh, Piara S. Bhogal, Jaswant S. Kanwal, Mohinder Singh (Delhi), S.S.Dhanoa, I. J. Singh (New York) etc. In fact, with the exception of Dr. Noel Q. King, most of the non-Sikh writers, while writing about the Sikhs, have collaborated with the "Anti-Sikhism School" in one or another manner. There is another conspiracy of propaganda against the Sikh religion: in the name of Sikh studies, chairs have been established in the universities at Toronto, Vancouver, Michigen, New York, California etc.and the associates of Anti-Sikhism School have been appointed there apparently with the intention of production and promotion of blasphemous and malicious writings against Sikhism. There seems to be an international anti-Sikhism movement. Some famous publication houses including Oxford University Press, the Penguins and Cambridge University Press seem to be ever ready to publish each and every book produced by "Anti-Sikhism School", in spite of the fact that those works have no commercial or academic value.

For comprehensive information read books:

McLeod…. As scholars of Sikh studies

By Gurdarshan Singh Dhillon

Another book by Dr Trilochan Singh

Totally do not agree with you!

There are no pro or anti Sikh writers, only differing views.

For example, I hate some of Mcleods theories, but they are easy to debunk by using his own research. In fact his research is very valuable.

• 6 years later...

I'm not sure how Mcleod comes in as anti sikh

I haven't read his volumes from cover to cover, but I was always under the impression that his contributions held value and helped point the way for later scholars..........not sure!

Does anyone know of any specific details where he has manipulated or did he just get some wrong facts here and there...bearing in mind that he collected info from a variety of sources and tried to piece it together.

my bad!!

I got mixed up with macauliffe and McLeod....ddddhhhh

Edited by Lucky

I'm not sure how Mcleod comes in as anti sikh

He was a younger bum-chum of J S Grewal who is one of the worst machods to keep bringing in his jaat paat into all of his 'historical' works, essentially turning it into propaganda. Hew followed his bum-chum's and the general western orientalism agenda when writing. 

He was a younger bum-chum of J S Grewal who is one of the worst machods to keep bringing in his jaat paat into all of his 'historical' works, essentially turning it into propaganda. Hew followed his bum-chum's and the general western orientalism agenda when writing. 

You are correct,, I've changed my post-->got my wires crossed with macaulife and McLeod and I was thinking of the 'volumes'

You are correct,, I've changed my post-->got my wires crossed with macaulife and McLeod and I was thinking of the 'volumes'

Cool. 

You ever read this on Macauliffe btw? It's an Irish perspective (a bit academic but interesting nonetheless):

https://www.scribd.com/doc/49597872/Max-Arthur-Macauliffe-From-Templeglantine-to-the-Golden-Temple-full 

Really got irritated when Mcleod talked about several manuscripts of Chaupa Rehat and then concludes that the one with the hom ceremony is more authentic and the others without hom ceremony aren't because they appear to have 'omitted' the passage. He never even goes near the possibility that 1 ms might've been corrupted while 3-4 others do not even mention that incident, but he kept insisting the hom one was more authentic just because it was controversial.