Not Sure Where to Start

lost_sikhgirl

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I'm not sure to where to start or who i should be asking for help. But this seems like somewhere i could get some advice. Maybe its becasue the New Year is coming, i need to sort myself out, and well i need help from the sangat. It was said that in the Khalsa we find the Guru , so hopefully this will be a start

Um, i'm lost. I don't know where i'm going and how i got off the path so quickly. Firstly, i believe in Waheguru, there's no doubt in my mind. I recently started drinking ( :oops: i know!) it seemed a way to forget things which had been said to me and the ways i'd recently been hurt, made me someone else. Starting hanging out with different girls and went out clubbing alot, which is strange as its something i've never done. It was just me not being me, escaping. I know its wrong and i feel bad for it, its not who i want to be, i want to be better than that.

I just feel empty. Its not that i don't pray, listen to kirtan, and have those 'talks' to God when i go the gurdwara (you know the ones i mean) I have my belief in Sikhi. I don't want to be on this path. I want to be a better Sikh, a better person. I'm disillusioned with the people i've met, fed up of being used and just, fed up lol

Please help me

Well first of all you have deceived the guru by drinking. You are not a sikh yet. So its all good.

YOU can become a sikh, if you take amrit

pritham rehit yehai jaan khandey ki pahul shakai-- take khanda da batta amrit- Guru gobind singh ji

secondly,

taking amrit is a way to salvation

when u take amrit follow the rehit

rehit bina no sikh kahavai- guru gobind singh ji

here are some good links for sikh rehit maryada

www.damdamitaksal.com

also visit www.tapoban.org for some great literature..

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Forgive me if i sound rude at all in this post, for that is not my intention

If a person is to take Amrit should they not be prepared mentally for it? Should you just see it as a solution for every problem a sikh person has? I know Amrit has strength in it, and it gives you that much more as well. I have not deceived the Guru, how could I? Everytime i have drank, i knew it was wrong but to deceive someone means to lie or hide it, but i never did. I know Waheguru has seen and knows. But i'm asking for help.

If i took Amrit now, not being ready for it, didn't abide by it, wouldn't that be my deception? For i took it knowingly but knew that i was still lost

Like i said before, i know what i have done isn't right, but i'm asking for help to bring me back on the path that i was on before

wjkk wjkf

i told u to look at the links, i told you to take amrit and abide by the rehit maryada, i didnt say take amrit and fool around, drink, cut ur hair, do ur eyebrows, and etc.

Amrit is the solution

right now i thikn u should do ardaas to guru ji, because only he can provide you with any answes

also i suggest you take a hukamnama..

Another thing you said you are a sikh

how can u call urself a sikh if you are not following this way of life

your just a punjabi, this is the truth

bhul chuk maaf

You say i'm not a Sikh, but the thing was less than a year ago i was different. I didn't drink, didn't go to clubs. I prayed, actively involved with Sikhi in the community, i didn't like the punjabi part of our culture - believe me i can decipher between being sikh and being punjabi. I don't cut my hair, eyebrows and all that. But i lost myself, the belief i had in myself and i lost some belief in my Guru. But then recently, i prayed and He showed me was there, looking after and caring still. So i know He's there, but taking Amrit is not my solution (yet, God willing one day) But if i'm lost and not able to look after myself completely, how would i be able to

take amrit and abide by the rehit maryada

if your lost do simran

your still saying your a sikh, but a sikh is when you take amrit, otherwise you are a punjabi

i know my approach to explain things is wrong, it is not done with pyaar, but done accordingly as such that it hurts;

sorry bhainji, i hope u just realize that i am just trying to help you

Do simran, do ardaas to guru sahib ji, take a hukamnama

this is what i also said, did i not

Ask someone else for advice, im just a kid,

You know what

im not akj, and i dont support some of there beliefs.

And i think you think my name is manjot singh from sikhsangat.com

and no im not him

iM JUST a kid leave me alone!!!!!!!!

Here is what you have said:

i know my approach to explain things is wrong, it is not done with pyaar, but done accordingly as such that it hurts;

sorry bhainji, i hope u just realize that i am just trying to help you

This is the sikh way to give advice to others. I'm glad you have learned something today.:)

Nanak nirmal panth chaliya.

As far as I know I didn't call you non-sikh and I didn't try to become guru by myself. I didn't try to force my views on you. I don't have any enemity against you either but see the way you are showing me your patience. Now don't tell me that you don't know that patience is virtue.

Ego is when you try to claim higher than your Guru and I don't think I tried somewhere.

Khalsacrazed said:

Go ahead shove ur head up ur *** even more..

I can see you are on a path to become Gursikh not the way how ocean teaches us but from the river-side...:)

sister bhenji he is just confusing u more, i suggest you go to real sikhi websites..

www.damdamitaksal.com, it was started by guru ji(the instituition)

also www.gursikhijeevan.com

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

I'm confusing her? How?

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I'm not sure to where to start or who i should be asking for help. But this seems like somewhere i could get some advice. Maybe its becasue the New Year is coming, i need to sort myself out, and well i need help from the sangat. It was said that in the Khalsa we find the Guru , so hopefully this will be a start

Um, i'm lost. I don't know where i'm going and how i got off the path so quickly. Firstly, i believe in Waheguru, there's no doubt in my mind. I recently started drinking ( :oops: i know!) it seemed a way to forget things which had been said to me and the ways i'd recently been hurt, made me someone else. Starting hanging out with different girls and went out clubbing alot, which is strange as its something i've never done. It was just me not being me, escaping. I know its wrong and i feel bad for it, its not who i want to be, i want to be better than that.

I just feel empty. Its not that i don't pray, listen to kirtan, and have those 'talks' to God when i go the gurdwara (you know the ones i mean) I have my belief in Sikhi. I don't want to be on this path. I want to be a better Sikh, a better person. I'm disillusioned with the people i've met, fed up of being used and just, fed up lol

Please help me

First of all I appolize on behalf of khalsacrazed...dont mind him.. he is our choota veer... he is still struggling with wahabism/talbanistic views of sikhism thats why he sounded little harsh.

Second of all welcome to the Forum :D

Lets look at the problem now. Yes you said it yourself that you start goin out with your freinds who go to clubbling and stuff...you see thats problem.

In this time of age surronded with age of darkness(age) human is vulnerable. When i say human.. i talked about human in general because its the bad soceity that is been beleived the evil root of deed one do.. in your case- you start drinking.

Simple solution is try to change the crowd you hang around with currently. Listen to kirtan it will much more awareness and peace of mind. When i say change the crowd i didnt mean to say "go dump your freinds, dont talk to them. But slowly de-attached yourself from them and hang around in good soceity like gursikh soceity. Be open to them. Dont feel shy or anything.... make an sort of freindly connection with gursikh sangat...trust me you will not only learn things about our enrich sikh history but sort of feel an higher awareness within yourself...you wont be controlled by this materalistic world.

Also for you being used and fed up. I quite understand...majority of us on this message board went through some sort of betryal from either freinds or their love mate. Human nature is like that. The important thing is to learn from your mistakes and move on. There is a old saying "Its good to learn from your mistakes, but its even wiser to learn from other people mistakes" and apply the lessons to your own life.

so first thing is slowly detached yourself from the bad crowd

second thing is listen to kirtan... "Kalyug mein kirtan pardhana" .. atleast try it for a week steady... share with us how you feel about it

finally be involved in boss, student sikh association....attend more lectures of sikhi, camps, gurdwara and sangat of gursikhs.....

There are enuf chardi-kalah singhnee's out there who actually been through same phase as you who be glad ot help you.... be open with them .. no need to feel un-comfy or anything...

We all here to help.....

akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hiii akaaaaaaaaaaal

anand hiii anand :D :D :D

khalsacrazed, your idealogy is whack. Claiming shes not sikh, but only punjabi. A Sikh is one who is on the path of the guru and one who hopes to become part of the Khalsa Panth. The gurus never created a definite set of rules for being a Sikh. She's on the path to sikhi as long as she realizes her mistakes and wants to correct them. Do you really expect kids to just pop up as hardcore sikhs who take amrit at the age of 7?

Sorry we're not all the next Guru Har Krishan Ji. A Sikh is on a continuing path, sometimes they fall off, but the true Sikhs and Khalsay come back to it. Let's try to lead her to the correct path, rather than have her jump across multiple paths and directly to amritdhari.

lost_sikhgirl - As long as you have realized your mistakes, your are once again on the path of sikhi. To get back involved I would reccommend hanging out with those sikh friends you had before you changed, with whom you would discuss sikh-related issues with.

Continue going to gurdwara, and further your knowledge of sikhi via the internet.

You can of course continue to go to clubs mildly, just make sure you dont do it to an excess. It takes time to turn your life around, but its possible. Just start researching about sikhi again, and it'll all come back to you. Also make sure you take this little action you have to stop your current lifestyle and keep it there, do not fall back into that life-style.

If I can help you in any possible way, please let me know.

Add me to your msn if I can do anything for you.

Best of luck to you in the future,

-Hareet

Guest -akalsharan-

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

lost_sikhgirl - As long as you have realized your mistakes, your are once again on the path of sikhi. To get back involved I would reccommend hanging out with those sikh friends you had before you changed, with whom you would discuss sikh-related issues with.

Continue going to gurdwara, and further your knowledge of sikhi via the internet.

You can of course continue to go to clubs mildly, just make sure you dont do it to an excess. It takes time to turn your life around, but its possible. Just start researching about sikhi again, and it'll all come back to you. Also make sure you take this little action you have to stop your current lifestyle and keep it there, do not fall back into that life-style.

lost_sikhgirl, I completely agree with what LegendarySiKH has mentioned above.

Like he has said, get back into the Sangat you was with before and try to read further into Sikhi. Also like Khalsacrazed mentioned earlier, do Ardas to Guru Sahib and They will show you the way :)

Take care,

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate everyone's advice. The articles written by T. Singh are amazing! Think i'l spend my sunday reading them with my handy cup of chai!

Maybe its time to leave the ways that i got caught up in this year and return to the orginal path i was on. Thank you my brothers and sisters :D

BHenj, I tihnk I understand u situation, and u know what,

U drink Alcohol, why? because u want to forget everything...

I know u listen to kirtan a lot, are u often in Sangat?

Sit in Sangat listen to Kirtan with u eyes shut and focusing on God...

KALJUG MAI KIRTAN PARDHANA....

dont let anything come in ur brain, just focus on the BANI, on the WOrd, n WAHEGURU!

U will forget everything..U feel high and lost from the world when Drinking..

think of it like ATLEAST 100 times more affective with Bani!

try that out..

begin by decreasing ur consumation of Alcohole, as I know u obviously can't stop direct adn do Amrit Shakna..begin by trying to avoid the Bazur Kurehats..

then slowly slowly try to follow the REHAT 100%..SLowly slowly....and when u eel that its ur time now...and that u are willing to give ur head to the Guru......

no matter if u have to bebioled in water, or be cut into two..u will NEVER LEAVE SIKHI....when u feel that u can do that..THATS the time u do Amrit Shakna..

for Now I suggest u begin decreasing ur consumation, and ask God for forgiveness..

Guru Nanak Dev ji forgave a conibal that tried to eat him..

he forgave Sajjan Thag, someone trying to kill, and loot him..

Guru Tegh Bahadur Sahib forgave someone trying to Murder him as well.

but dont amke that an excuse to Continue drinking..but pray God to Forgive u!

Hope that helps

best of Luck bhenji :)

You know what truth singh your not a very good administrator, ur full of ego, cant respect other peoples opinions, oh give me a break

now ur trying to act like an ignorant person, trying to ignore my posts, u think so highly of urself,

Go ahead shove ur head up ur *** even more..

Brother, I think u need to get ur attitude problems fixed, and need to learn how to speak to elders

BHULLA CHUKKA MAAF :!: