Not Sure Where to Start

lost_sikhgirl

Sat Sri Akal:

Ahem....back to topic!!!! Bhain Ji, I will ask you to do something. Go to Gurudwara every weekend. Listen to Kirtan and Katha there. If you know something is not right (ie. hanging out with clubbers who drink), then try to stop. It sounds like deep inside, you know some of the things you are doing are taking you away from Sikhism....which is a good sign.

If you are unable to any of this, then do me a favor. At the least, start to read Kirtan Sohila (the shortest Bani of Nitnem, or daily prayer) at night before going to bed and do an ardaas to the Almighty to grant you proper guidance. If you need the Bani, go here...

http://www.gurbanifiles.org/Nitnem%20by%20...la%20&%20PT.pdf

And keep faith in the Almighty. Do the ardaas with faith and hope and the Almighty will take you where you shall go.

*Note this is a part of the rehit maryada:

Chapter I : The Definition of Sikh

Ariticle 1

Any human being who faithfully believes in...

One Immortal Being,

Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Dev to Guru Gobind Singh,

The Guru Granth Sahib,

The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

The baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh.

khalsacrazed, it says "who believes in the baptism", does that mean "someone who has taken amrit" or does it mean "believes amrit is the right path, and plans to take amrit in the future"

would u class someone who keeps his/her rehat fully, and is working up to taking amrit at some point; as a sikh? is it not sikh ton singh?