Kung fu schools...

being into martial arts my self i find that hard to believe. i have come across many systems where they do not stop u from learning the art even if your physical attributes can limit u from learning the technique properly.

any true art/system will not have a problem in teaching u due to the way u look. they will just adapt around u.

if u now of any martial art school that doesnt teach people with beards and turbans. i would like to know.

but using commen sense, it could be because of 9/11 or that teh system may have bad blood with peopel with facial hair,( from battles in teh past)

Before I start I would like to say that your faith in the egality and open-mindedness of all kung fu schools is very Yoda-like, and very touching in a quaint way. It's also very irrational.

if u now of any martial art school that doesnt teach people with beards and turbans. i would like to know.

I wrote "shasterdhari Sikhs". The problem was'nt my beard or my turban. It was the 9-inch kirpan I removed before the class (led by a senior student who was a skinhead) started. The instructor (of Chinese ethnicity)kept telling me it was a "knife". First he said/implied I was of bad character for carrying a "knife". I explained what I did for a living (trying to prove that I was responsible), and told him I carried it for religious reasons. He then changed his tack, continued to call it a "knife" (even though I indicated it was not a knife but a kirpan) and said that he would'nt allow it, because during the class his beginner students might take it and use it (and therefore invalidate his insurance).

This instructor is obviously trying to create his own little fascist kung fu empire, inside which the human rights of the Western world don't apply. I would feel happier if he was a snakehead or a triad, than a fascist.

I don't want to name him here, because I think he wants me to make a fuss about this and thereby generate publicity (among fascists) for his club. If you tell me who you are by PM, I am happy to name him and his organisation, and give you his email address and mobile number so that you can find out for yourself whether what I am saying is true.

This is what I got on email from the instructor, after I explained what a kirpan is and why it's carried:

"People who carry knives (Kirpan) for whatever reason are not welcome at the club, it is the general policy of the club"

This guy is the head of some kind of militant fascist organisation, which trains its students in wing chun. How is it they possible that they can get away with this in places like Hounslow?

This is what I got on email from the instructor, after I explained what a kirpan is and why it's carried:

"People who carry knives (Kirpan) for whatever reason are not welcome at the club, it is the general policy of the club"

This guy is the head of some kind of militant fascist organisation, which trains its students in wing chun. How is it they possible that they can get away with this in places like Hounslow?

He is fearing the fact that you can use ur kirpan at any other opponent. During competitions if you get angry, u mite even use it. So if you calmly explain him that its a religious symbol and we dont use to attack anyone, then he will let u in. good luck if u train in kung fu, its a great art.

He is fearing the fact that you can use ur kirpan at any other opponent. During competitions if you get angry, u mite even use it. So if you calmly explain him that its a religious symbol and we dont use to attack anyone, then he will let u in. good luck if u train in kung fu, its a great art.

No he will not. I've tested him out on this point (this is all in writing, by email). He was unequivocal that I (myself personally) was not allowed or welcome at his club, because in my daily life I carry a kirpan ("We do not allow people to train, who carry knives")

I would'nt use the kirpan to fight anyone (except in self-defense or in defense of honour).

He's a little fascist, with a big problem. A totalitarian dictatorial mindset, and the arrogance to put the rules of his piddling insiginificant grubby little money-making organisation (with a handful of classes around the south which are held in hired halls) above the law of God, and the rights of man. A very poor specimen of a human being, with a control fetish.

I've tried my best to explain it to him nicely, but he is simply an enemy of religious faith, and will not be reasoned with.

He has the mental attitude of Pol Pot, combined with the insecurities of Mussolini. He wants a little space for 2 hours, in which nobody who has a religion he does'nt like can enter. That's all there is to it.

AFAIK, he started out in this country all threatened and scared by drunk white people. He then learned kung fu. Shame it has'nt removed his insecurities and perceived deficiencies. Shame it's turned him into a sort of unsuccessful Napoleon Bonaparte.

I'm all for persuading this guy that he has to allow freedom of religion (i.e. he has absolutely no choice in the matter).

I suppose you're right Nihal.

The only annoying thing is that others with similar insecurities (skinheads and neo-Nazis - literally) go and learn wing chun kung fu from him. Probably, the Chinese community would be mad with him if they knew he was teaching people like that. Plus, skinheads and the like take advantage of the assumption that their victims are unarmed. With wing chun, they have a chance to win fights.

Therefore, his attitude requires adjustment.

Besides, he's right on our doorstep. Not in Stoke-on-Trent or wherever the majority of the racists are.

Shasterkovich

Could you also for the record state what experience you have had with weapons (ie, which weapons) and which martial art systems so we can at least know whether you speak with experience or whether you are just stating hollow opinion.

I assume from your first posting that you have turned up to Nihang Niddar Singh's classes as you are making a comparison between Shastar Vidiya and other arts....please let us know which Akhara you came to.

In addition you stated:

"I would'nt use the kirpan to fight anyone (except in self-defense or in defense of honour). "

..who's honour is that? And where did you pick this "rule" from?

Does this mean if someone insulted you this would mean you will strike out at them at the first given opportunity? ...thats what it sounds like considering the context in which you speak.

If this is the case, considering your previous postings on this forum that reveal your inherent hatred and insecurities towards muslims, and afro-carribean people, you are a serious menace to society and a danger to yourself.

It is also apparent you lack the ability to control your emotions and think with a clear head when cornered in a discussion (hence your warning). This lack of self-control is a serious handicap when it comes to learning ANY martial art and a platform for a lofty ego.

...just my observations....no insults intended...

Shasterkovich

Could you also for the record state what experience you have had with weapons (ie, which weapons) and which martial art systems so we can at least know whether you speak with experience or whether you are just stating hollow opinion.

I assume from your first posting that you have turned up to Nihang Niddar Singh's classes as you are making a comparison between Shastar Vidiya and other arts....please let us know which Akhara you came to.

In addition you stated:

"I would'nt use the kirpan to fight anyone (except in self-defense or in defense of honour). "

..who's honour is that? And where did you pick this "rule" from?

Does this mean if someone insulted you this would mean you will strike out at them at the first given opportunity? ...thats what it sounds like considering the context in which you speak.

If this is the case, considering your previous postings on this forum that reveal your inherent hatred and insecurities towards muslims, and afro-carribean people, you are a serious menace to society and a danger to yourself.

It is also apparent you lack the ability to control your emotions and think with a clear head when cornered in a discussion (hence your warning). This lack of self-control is a serious handicap when it comes to learning ANY martial art and a platform for a lofty ego.

...just my observations....no insults intended...

I am nothing but a humble learner of Guru Sahib Ji. Please don't jump to conclusions. What are your thoughts on the kung fu teacher who seems to not like shasterdhari Sikhs?

Shasterkovich you mite wanna try some other school/teacher

If you want to train then go for the wushu style, in that you get training with a sword, there are two types of swords, one is the chinese broad sword, and the other is a straight sword, tai chi , just like the one in Nihal's avatar....

If you got shastervidya training centre around, that will be cool too, I dnt have any here :(