Preparation for Amrit

Guest SunSingh

Guest SunSingh

I have a serious question regarding when is best for me to take Amrit. I am fully committed to do it, it's just a question of what time is best for me. I was wondering, is there greater spiritual benefit to following Rehat for a few months and then taking Amrit :?: , or in taking Amrit asap and then following Rehat :?:

i would advise that you keep the rehat first, and then you yourself will know when ur ready to take amrit, it might take you a while to get used to the routine but after a short amount of time it becomes 2nd nature

when u become stronger in ur rehat, get your kakkars and keep them on as you would when you take amrit, only you will know when your ready :D

I would advise you to take amrit first.

I thing is amrit is really important, who knows who's time is up, when?? Take khanda bhatta da amrit soon, following rehat will come in time. Because no worries, even people who took amrit for 2 yr-3 yrs still strugglin with the rehat (ie-waking up amrit vela, concentrating on patt). I myself strugglin with the rehat.

Iron bangle took amrit very fast... he quit meat one day before he took..remember purkha..:P

So i would advise to enroll in the spirtual school first (take amrit) then no worries rehat will come in time.. holli holli.... how can grade 10 students can get a BA Degree right way?? It takes time.. sehaj.. sabar and shakuaaar...holi holi...:D

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hiiii Akaaaaaaaaaaaaal

anand hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii anand :D :D :D

Guest chamkila

I would advise you to take amrit first.

I thing is amrit is really important, who knows who's time is up, when?? Take khanda bhatta da amrit soon, following rehat will come in time. Because no worries, even people who took amrit for 2 yr-3 yrs still strugglin with the rehat (ie-waking up amrit vela, concentrating on patt). I myself strugglin with the rehat.

Iron bangle took amrit very fast... he quit meat one day before he took..remember purkha..:P

So i would advise to enroll in the spirtual school first (take amrit) then no worries rehat will come in time.. holli holli.... how can grade 10 students can get a BA Degree right way?? It takes time.. sehaj.. sabar and shakuaaar...holi holi...:D

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hiiii Akaaaaaaaaaaaaal

anand hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii anand :D :D :D

I understand what you are saying N30 but my problem is I am unable to read punjabi so I can't do any paath. I find it hard to read paath in english as well.

Then what?

N3O Singh wrote: -

Listen to it....

Perfectly right.

"Gaaveeyai Suneeyai Man Rakheeyai bhaayo" (Jap Jee Sahib).

It is easy to learn Gurmukhee srcipt. It is good to learn Gurmukhee script. Actually, it is must, if you want to study the Sikh literature in depth. But, you should not avoid taking 'Amrit', because you cannot read Gurmukhee script. The option is already given there, 'Suneeyai'

Contact Malton Gurdwara at 905-671-1662... Ask them when is the next Amrit Sanchar is... no worries about the kakars... they will sort you out kakars ie- kachera, kirpan, kanga, kara :D

Good luck mate... :D

How hard is it to keep the rehat in college/university?

I really want to do it, but im going to be going to Penn State University.

Which is like the 3rd biggest party school in the states..

Is it manageable...is there anyone whose went to a big university as an amritdhari sikh?...any help you can give me, i'd appreciate.

Everyone else says I should wait till after uni.