MAC 10 OS

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Another question (especially for those in the UK)

Mac operating system is used by probably only 5% of the population, but it is very useful for Graphic Designers..I have heard that in the UK Mac operating system doesn't exist and is not used by even the Design Industry?

1) Is this true? If not, how popular is it? What do press/design firms use?

2)Is software/hardware available in the UK for Mac Operating Systems?

Thank you again..

macs are bought by a small percentage (most people dont understand the quality of macs) and plus, the prices may put off most people, if your in the graphics design field, you MUST have experience with mac OS because every company will use macs to design

in the uk graphics design careers come in very few numbers too, ive been lookin for some work in design but its hard to find

sumeet kaur, maybe you can post some of ur design work :D

Guest Maha_Pavitar

I use both operating Systems here in the U.S. and the prices aren't too bad here, usually it's a question of software compatability. Most of our software (Quark, Illustrator/Photoshop) is designed primarily for Macs anyway ;) You're right about people not understanding quality of Macs, when it comes to designing it's just so hard to stop using this over Windows..So would buying a Laptop with the Mac OS be a waste of money, perhaps if I buy it from the US? What about software prices, scanners, printers, etc?? Just estimates would be fine jee...

Careers come in few numbers?? :shock: Oh goodness..that is not good news (lol!) I have no formal qualifications (i.e. degree) although I've started my course recently, but I have worked within the industry for over 3 years. Here the careers are not lined up either, you just have to find it. I started work for a South Asian Publication, been with them since I started in the industry and through the publication I got calls for freelance work (lol) so I've been blessed.. I do pray that I find a good job when I'm there, I also worked for an advertising agency for a few months it gave me a lot of experience as well..

Post my work? ;) Hmm..I will see about that one jee!

Guest Maha_Pavitar

Quark is the best (!) After photoshop this is the tool of the trade, although many people are saying InDesign is what the pro's will start using, who knows :roll: From the professional adverts I see in the papers, magazines, etc they all look like they've been developed on Quark..

Thanks for the link, I'll have a look at these...Yup, I really want to get a decent job in a designing firm and work my way up, and certainly do freelance on the side...