1947 Agreement

As i understood it the british were perfectly happing giving us our own state but our "leaders" (that hearsay says did for there own monetary good) decided to put in out lot with our Hindu brethren.

But to be honest given the mess that is Pakistan and given how our "leaders" represent us im sorta glad a Khalistan wasnt created.

Im sure somebody will post along some decent links soon.

harps veer.. i completely agree.. sikhism cant be restricted to the land.. who cares if we dont have land?? so as buddhism.. its universal...sikhism is universal cant be narrowed down to a country or land...

everything happens for good.. when you closely observe what happened in last 20 yrs it was quite disaster for us but on the same token we have gained internationally for example- recongnization from forgeiners...

before i go further.. i would like to ask you .. have you read sau sakhi???

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...topic.php?t=239

Ive had a quick skim read of that thread - will save heftier delibberations for when im less sleepy *LOL*

but personally speaking i take all such preictions with a grain of salt and no offence meant but i take everything the Yogi says with a pich of salt to.

Sikhi to me aint about mistics and miracles its earthy and real worldly.

I beleive sikhi is really in a place where it is in a crisis if faith due to the large amount of ppl calling themselves sikhs but knowing nothing of sikhi.

If we can save Sikhi from this precipice then with Gods grace we may end up gaining temporal power etc.

But like i said im a hardcore sceptic

960 million khalsa.. english translation of that sakhi wasnt written by yogi bhajan only but also loads of sikh scholars like surinder singh kohli who spent 60 yrs just on that reasearchin sakhi..and released the book called "Sikhi Predictions"...see if u can get it :D

• 3 months later...
Guest BikramjitSingh

harps veer.. i completely agree.. sikhism cant be restricted to the land.. who cares if we dont have land?? so as buddhism.. its universal...sikhism is universal cant be narrowed down to a country or land...

everything happens for good.. when you closely observe what happened in last 20 yrs it was quite disaster for us but on the same token we have gained internationally for example- recongnization from forgeiners...

before i go further.. i would like to ask you .. have you read sau sakhi???

http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...topic.php?t=239

N30 Singh

As far as I am aware Buddhism is the national religion of Thailand and a majority religion in Burma, Bhutan, and possibly China and Japan.

It never amazes me when Sikhs are so prepared to negate their just and democratic demand for a Sikh State. Just because the present bunch of Sikh leaders have made such a hash of Sikh politics it doesn't follow that we should be thankful that we did not get our freedom in 1947. Would Bluestar or Delhi massacres have happened if we had a state in 1947 even if we had the same Badals and Tohras in charge of the Sikh state ?. The fact that these two events would not have occurred is enough to have some disappointment that we missed the independence 'bus' in 1947

Also understand that just a few years before 1947 the Sikhs had been effectively divided by Nehru and MK Gandhi. The congress had already a ready supply of 'congressi' Sikhs who stood against the Akalis in elections just before 1947. So, instead of having a united Sikh nation, the Akalis also faced congressi Sikhs who were all out to sell their nation to the congress.

In my view the Badals and Tohras are the leaders foisted on the Sikhs because we have not political power in India.

GurFateh

Bikramjit