Kenya Gurdwaras (Pics)

SAadmin

Khalistani Singh, please do your research on what Ramgharias are, this is a topic discussed at length on this forum under many threads, I think you'll find it is not a caste, but a Misl.

Tarkhans, Lohars, Mistries are castes, just as Jatts and Khatris are, but Ramgharias which actually was a Misl founded by a Jatt are not all Tarkhans, the two terms are quite separate and distinct.

For instance, surnames such as Sahota and Gill are commonly thought of as Jatt but these also can be Ramgharia surnames! Just as Soori is a Khatri surname although this too can be of Ramgharia lineage.

I hope this helps you somewhat to start off your own search and not rely on the heresay that most power hungry Jatts and misinformed self-appointed Ramgharia Councils tell you...

Gur Fateh!

Niranjana

"Infernal Monk" no one is disowning the names of Singh or Kaur or indeed being Sikhs, aspects arising from our lineage, history, culture are every part as part of what makes up Sikhs today throughout the Diaspora.

This is NOT an attempt to create divisions, simply to explore matters further before paint brushing them all with "Sikhi is simple" brush and ignoring finer parts of our heritage.

• 2 months later...

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

bhai rama singh jee talks about this gurdwara in his book "in search of the true guru"...following is pasted from my summary of the book that i have been posting at sikhsangat

Makindu, East Africa has a Gurdwara sahib taken care of by an African sewadar. Since he was lazy, he didn't take proper care of the Gurdwara. Guru Gobind Singh appeared to him in a dream and told him "You are not doing your duty properly". But he didn't bother paying any heed. Soon after, he also received partakh darshan of Guru Gobind Singh. When the visiting sangat came, he told them everything and pointed out towards a painting of Guru Gobind Singh and said "He is the One I saw".

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ramgharias are no where near jatt.. :roll:

Khalistani Singh, please do your research on what Ramgharias are, this is a topic discussed at length on this forum under many threads, I think you'll find it is not a caste, but a Misl.

Tarkhans, Lohars, Mistries are castes, just as Jatts and Khatris are, but Ramgharias which actually was a Misl founded by a Jatt are not all Tarkhans, the two terms are quite separate and distinct.

For instance, surnames such as Sahota and Gill are commonly thought of as Jatt but these also can be Ramgharia surnames! Just as Soori is a Khatri surname although this too can be of Ramgharia lineage.

I hope this helps you somewhat to start off your own search and not rely on the heresay that most power hungry Jatts and misinformed self-appointed Ramgharia Councils tell you...

Gur Fateh!

Niranjana