Khalsa Mero Roop Wallpaper

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was made in photoshop, hand drawn then pen tool, and airbrushed the colours into it

heres the black one for khalsa ji, i touched it up a bit more too - too many white bits left out on the original :P

Guest Javanmard

As Elisabeth Badinter has clearly shown in her book XY: on masculinity the body fascits gay guy refuses any form of feminity in his being.

As Singhs we are the exact opposite. That whole pumping iron culture is totally wrong in my eyes because:

1. it's a compensation for insecure masculinity (if you really are a man no need to pump iron in such an exagerated way!!!)

2. It's of no use in war as any student of shastarvidya knows!!!

well not everyone wants to be fat laalesh, just because someoen lifts weights doesnt mean that they are trying to masculine, or infact gay

the next one i make ill have a fat singh with his tedh comin out, maybe thats the image of masculinity u have

Guest Javanmard

There is nothing wrong in going to the gym and lifting weights but this western idea that a mountain of muscls stands for strength and masculinity is so wrong. At the same time I deeply despise the physical state in which many SInghs are: big fat guys talking about how brave the Khalsa is!!!!

If you look at Kangra paintings or old Sikh paintings you see that the Singhs and the Gurus were never depicted like that picture above because physical training in India did not imply this unncecessary Rambo type of muscles for show. I find the athletic beauty of these paintings to be more virile and secure than the muscles mountains or the fat bastards!!!

Now consider Navtej Johar the SIngh who is one of the best Bharat Natyam dancers: extremely athletic and strong yet graceful;

www.navtejjohar.com

LOL! :LOL:

What do you mean its not used in wars, how will have the strength to lift up a 5ft sword made out of steel......hmmmm i leave you to make your mind up on dat one

Muscle increases punching power and stamina.....so it will help a higher chance of living on a battlefield.

Lalleshvari not all peeps do it to look good and look big, some people do it for other reasons, i'll let your deemak to do da work on that one

i pump weights lallesh, i do it for "health reasons" and i am certaionly not gay....and if you have a problem of someone beeen gay...i would certainly like to know what it is.

Guest Javanmard

As I said earlier on (but some people seem to be a bit slow :LOL::LOL::LOL: ) there is nothing wrong in lifting weights and being fit and healthy!!!! But what I am saying is that the SIngh represented in the picture has nothing to do with that: it's a caricature. Consider the Shaolin monks: do they need to have this mountain of muscles to lift huge weights: no!

muscle increases punching power

Yep, you're right there. But excess muscle (like a WWE superstar) slows you down immensely. The picture contains a Singh without any fat on him. In wars thats a big disadvantage. Remember, fat is good (acts as an energy store) but excess fat is bad.

In my opinion its better to be toned then bulky - physically and mentally. But thats just my opinion.

Guest Maha_Pavitar

just some ideas for revision veerji:

I would decrease the amount of white space you use, this is the first thing folks in the industry would look at

Also in illustration design, it's best to stay away from center alignment..Remember that naturally our eyes will fall to the right of the page first, it's a proven scientific fact, just look through some advertisements today and see where they put most of their information.

Finally, just personal preference, I would give the Singh some depth on his feet, perhaps like a 3d lift. In photoshop you can do this as a drop shadow, you'll have to find the right angle and play with the noise...

Look forward to seeing more...

As a fitness enthusiast and martial arts students myself, I can confirm that the type of weight training used to acquire the physique depicted in this picture does not combine well with Marital Arts or indeed a Amritdhari lifestyle (particularly those exhorted by most modern day Sikh institutions as such SGPC, AKJ, 3HO etc -note, this is not a demeaning reference, read on and you'll see why).

Read up on Bruce Lee's training methods and you'll discover the type of muscular strength and development required for effective use in combat -a far cry from those depicted in the foregoing.

To acquire these Arnold type physiques require heavy split routine work (I have material at home detailing Arnie's personal workouts, and sorry these are not compatible with a warrior lifetsyle). The reason being, that muscular development of this nature requires at least 9 hours sleep a night (hence the reference to the aforementioned sikh movements who are vry actively committed to minimal sleep and AmritVela) and increased protein intake (usually requiring both meat and supplements -again, why those following vegetarian lifetsyles, like myself may wish to reconsider, unless you enjoy chugging down loads of protein shakes and amino acid supplements...nothing wrong with these per se).

Moreover, a good example to illustrate, to continue with Arnie, would be this role cast in Conan the Barbarian, which whilst not withstanding the hollywood effects, probably reflects the image of most Nihang Singh lifestyles whilst on the run during the 18th century...there is no way he would have such a defined six pack, as Beast alluded to earlier, this effect 'gay icon' image is not suitable for warriors.

Nothing wrong with six packs, look at Bruce Lee again, but consider his extreme level of development (infact Arnie's personal trainer claimed it to be the most defined form he has ever seen when Bruce appeared in Enter the Dragon), again the key point being he is a not the stereotypical gay icon type muscle-head...despite being able to lift some serious metal, have immense cardio-endurance capacities (which is more appropriate for martial artists), his form is strong, yet elegant...not bulkly and unnatural.

It is interesting to see how this western model of physiques has come to plague traditional images of development within South East Asian thinking (compare the physiques of Gama, the famous Indian Wrestler, who incidently was a great inspiration to Bruce Lee from his own notes and writings and those of Shoalin Monks to the likes of even Jean-Claude and Stallone), same again goes for female physiques, compare the traditional obese figures from early European artists and the now down right skinny figures taunted on the catwalk with the pictures and painting of classical feminine beauty and figures from India and China...

The underlying insecurities behind these macho-images used by so-many Khalsa and Sarabloh "Warriorz" and "Souljas" thesedays is an interesting and worrying issue in itself...

As I said earlier on (but some people seem to be a bit slow :LOL::LOL::LOL: ) there is nothing wrong in lifting weights and being fit and healthy!!!! But what I am saying is that the SIngh represented in the picture has nothing to do with that: it's a caricature. Consider the Shaolin monks: do they need to have this mountain of muscles to lift huge weights: no!

Ohh so, in the picture if the man had a tid and a sloppy face ( like droopy), that makes you healthy deos it? When someone has muscles showing thats a good sign of been healthy, what do you think? if someone had a six pac has not got a strong stomach?

please explain your thoery

and you still haven't explained how is having big muscles is been gay? i still don't get that and it certainly wasn't funny either despite there could be big muscular people on this site that are straight

Niranjana ive read arnie's biography, he had drugs he was about 18 to 19

and a few years back he had to have a heart transplant, theres a limit to weights and there's benefits with weights.........yes you shouldn't become bulky but you shoiuldnt become to fat or skinny either

but there's nothing wrong with having big muscles depending on the reason of course