Khalsa Mero Roop Wallpaper

Guest Javanmard

Elisabeth Badinter is not my guru but she is indeed one of the best academics in our present day. You haven't even read her book and you start judging her. Her work on gender issues and feminism has been groundbreaking at all levels. I doubt very much that a member of the French academy should be insulted in such a way specially when she actually has written very helpful works on issues of masculinity and gender relations.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Javanmard

1. Never said that peopel who lift weights are gay!

2. Never said you are gay!

But seems you did not quite get what I was trying to say even though I wrote it in clear Englsih about four times!

The issue is not weightlifting but the model of masculinity represented by the wallpaper which is problematic!

None of my posts were directed at you so please do not feel threatened!

End of discussion

end of discussion

end of discussion

end of discussion

(hope you get it now :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: :wink: )

Amrik, I concur there is nothing wrong with Muscles -in fact for the record, all Singhs and Singhnees should be undertaking regular fitness work and incorporate some form of resistance training (for fitness, health and effective functional strength purposes)....

...however, as stated, this is a far cry from Arnie and Stallone physiques or figures. Amrik, I am not against body building, in fact I have many body building articles with me (since, these guys obviously know how best to carve and train every single muscle!), yes it does have gay-undertones (which is important to consider when such 'defining' images are used by skinny or fat would-be 'Warriorz' and 'Souljas'), however is not the issue for body building per se...

...I make my comments, as I know Body Building is a sport in its own right and many participants are also models, now the discussion raised here relates to the usefulness of the exact same type of routine, physique and bulk for Martial Artists, which do not mix, again I recommend a very good read for Men and Woman alike, "The Art of Expressing the Human Body" John Little series on Bruce Lee (covering a whole composite of training methods and ideas for martial artists)...the views contained within this I have found to be balanced and realistic in terms of weights, cardio, nutrition, flexibility et al for serious Martial Artists...

I suggest, we go back to the "Share your routines" I started a while back...

babbar sher, sorry for missing out ur qn, it _can_ be done yeh, but it would take me ages - considering having to make a story line, drawing etc

but i think i should make a survey first, to see what body type the khalsa hero should have, dont wanna offend anyone do we :twisted:

This work dons every PC in my office department and I am already getting lovely compliments... :D I want more of such work... ;)

Ah comeon Lalleshwari Penji... It doesn't take anything from us by appreciating a beautiful job done...

I guess Lalleshvari is a character in the a Novel by Nanak Singh ??

Well even i was confused by the name...first i though Lallesh to be male.............then i found a post where he was referred to as she.....and then it again turns out that he is ia a he ..not a she...phew..

Ok i Guess the topic is finally resolved :-) Lallesh is a he.

• 2 weeks later...

oh my God!

I haven't laughed so much at a post in ages. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This thing about lifting weights, actually Lalleshvari I think its refreshing to see this type of poster with a Singh looking like this.

I have no time for people that big themselves up to be the khalsa, then when you meet them, you realise they are afraid of their own shadow...or their mother...dunno which ones worse really.

hehe

Guess this kinda poster would appeal to those conditioned by ideals of modern society. If a muscle-bound weight lifter who's overdosed on steroids and wearing a turban is one's idea of a "Khalsa" then thats great for them....just hope the steriods dont relapse...

An expression of what one considers to be the image of Khalsa varies with the generation of that time frame...gone are the days where Khalsa were such as that described within Pracheen Panth Prakash.

Is there much point in designing such posters when they are just fairy-tale idealistic images with no relation to reality?

*rolls eyes*

• 4 weeks later...