PRESERVE Hand-Written Guru Granth Sahib at Harmandir Sahib !

PLEASE DON'T CRUSH THE SLIGHTEST OF DESIRES TO E-MAIL S.JASBIR SINGH JEE : jas48@juno.com

Cyber Sadhsangat ji,

Please help me take action to preserve Hand written Guru Granth Sahib at Harimandar Sahib, Amritsar.

Responsible persons of authority and influence should contact SGPC president

at their own & all others may sign this letter

Start a petition on net work.

To

SGPC President,

Golden Temple

Amritsar, Pb.

India

Feb 12, 2003

Dear Khalsa Ji,

I was Shocked and Amazed to note that Hand written Guru Granth Sahib at Harimandar Sahib (upstairs) is not being carefully handled and preserved

as a rare relic. This Guru Granth has tape on many places and on several pages. And is being used for Akhand Path everyday.

This should be stopped effective immediately.

This is most authentic and most valuable document for our future generations. This should be only used for “Parkash & Sukhasan†ceremony very carefully and pages shall not be touched by bare hands.

I shall be obliged by sending chemical free cotton gloves to handle such objects to Harimandir Sahib. In museums similar authentic objects are handled by such hand gloves to preserve the paper for ever.

Sincerely,

Jasbir Singh 433 Maid Marion Lane Stone Mountain, GA 30087 USA

"This is the true joy in life. The being used for a purpose recognized by your self

as a mighty one; the being a force of nature instead of a feverish selfish little clod of ailments and grievances complaining that the world will not devote itself to making you happy." "I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can." "I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live. I rejoice in life for its own sake. Life is no brief candle to me. It is a sort of splendid torch which I have got hold of for the moment, and I want to make it burn as brightly as possible before handing it on to future generation." ----- George Bernard Shaw.

PLEASE DON'T CRUSH THE SLIGHTEST OF DESIRES TO E-MAIL S.JASBIR SINGH JEE : jas48@juno.com

Harjinder Singh--harjindersingh_king@rediffmail.com

:roll: :roll: Waiting Impatiently for you to Prove,"I Care". :? :shock:

Intriging!

This should be stopped effective immediately.

This is most authentic and most valuable document for our future generations. This should be only used for “Parkash & Sukhasan†ceremony very carefully and pages shall not be touched by bare hands.

Shall be obliged by sending chemical free cotton gloves to handle such objects to Harimandir Sahib. In museums similar authentic objects are handled by such hand gloves to preserve the paper for ever.

If I'm not mistaken, The Granth Sahib tells US that nothing lives forever and eventually Everything Created turns to dust. Why waste time then saving something when it can easily today in 2004 be scanned, photgraphed, copied and duplicated to even a higher standard of Material than it was originally set on?

You, I and Everyone else in the World are Originals, no one wastes Time and Money preserving them ?

Its not waste of time ji,

I hope you dont say its "waste of time" again because for sikhs"

Siri guroo granth sahib maharaj is LIVING GUROOOO!!! JAGDI JOT HAIE. ITS NOT A MERE HOLY BOOK..

ITS JOT OF ALL GUROO SAHIBAN IN SHABAD GUROO FORM WHICH IS MANIFESTED IN "SIRI GUROO GRANTH SAHIB JI".

Also sometimes not every thing its logical as you want. By having doubt and havin lack of faith in guroo nanak sahib nirankar=shabad guroo, how can one merge with vaheguroo???

Totally Disgaree.....!

The Sikhs were invented from Hindus, Muslims and Other Races in India at Time of Inception by the Tenth Guru. What's to say a hundred years from now, some DIVINE PROPHET might come along and MERGE the SIKHS, CHRISTIANS, MUSLIMS, BUDDHISTS AND THE REST OF THE RELIGIONS INTO ONE, ALL MIGHTY RELIGION FOR PLANET EARTH, JUST LIKE MONEY UNIVERSALLY UNITES ALL PEOPLES, ALL RACES ON THE PLANEY NOW ?

And why do you refer to the Granth Sahib as a 'Living Guru'....?

JAGDI JOT HAIE

In my view this means a light that is alight or lit, (jagdi) awake not asleep in darkeness, like a candle glowing in the dark is surronded by darkness, but by bringing 'light or jot' the darkenss is eroded, but not completely obliterated. For their to be 'Light' there has to be 'Darkness'. One cannot be without the other.

The Granth Sahib is like a Candle and it can be cloned into different formats for preservation. The Light which this DIVINE CANDLE GIVES cannot be Changed, but the type of candle giving the Light can be changed. Anything Material can be cloned, manipulated, changed for PRESERVATION SAKE, but the DIVINE LIGHT REMAINS THE SAME AT ALL TIMES, FROM THE DIVINE CANDLE.

So, your assumption of the 'Living Guru' is wrong! The Divine Text contained within the Granth Sahib is LIVING to whosoever reads IT. For everyone else, ie those who do not read it and are pre-occupied with it's preservation are like the Darkness.

So, when One reads the Granth Sahib and find the Light within, then they MERGE NOT WITH THE GURU, BUT WITH THE ETERNAL LORD HIMSELF, FOR EVEN THE GURU IS A CREATION OF THIS ETERNAL LORD.

Your move..........!

So, when One reads the Granth Sahib and find the Light within, then they MERGE NOT WITH THE GURU, BUT WITH THE ETERNAL LORD HIMSELF, FOR EVEN THE GURU IS A CREATION OF THIS ETERNAL LORD.

For sikhs there is no difference between guroo's and the creator:

We as sikhs beleive vaheguroo has two forms 1. One is Non-existant (Nirgun) and 2. God in human forms (Sargun saroop of vaheguroo).

Guroo nanak sahib nirankar was guroo avtar himself. He is Nirgun and He is sargun.

There are different kind of avatars.. some are nit avtars, avnit avatars, narsing avatar and GUROO AVATAR Which is consider as god in this earth himself.

Mahatama Budda And Satguroo Nanak sahib nirankar (84 saroops as shabad guroo, nit avatars, avnit avatars) were guroo avatars of kaliyuga. To understand these things you have to drop your ego and follow teachings of eastern relegions. If you want hard-core proof check this out (listen to this muslim ghost) what he has to say:

http://www.gursikhijeevan.com/media/audio/..._Ishar_Singh_Ji

Scroll down and download the suleman ghost tape. He also talks about such things. Get yourself copy and listen with open mind... to read more about it click on: http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...topic.php?t=564

Thank you for the links, I will endeavour to comment about them after I've had a good read, but in the meantime I still reiterate my POINT:

Jesus, Mohammed, Nanak, Ram, Buddha were all GURUS for their Religions and all of them were CREATED BY GOD. Why are you suggesting that the Sikhs should view the GURU and GOD as ONE ?

These GURU'S quite Rightly Deserve OUR LOVE, but NO GURU I KNOW HAS EVER SAID THAT YOU OR ME SHOULD EVER PRAISE OR OBEY THEM LIKE A GOD ANYWHERE, EVEN IN THE GRANTH SAHIB. SO WHY ARE SIKHS BEING TOLD TO ASSUME THAT THE GURU AND THE LORD ARE ONE ?

Pardon my stupidity, but by encourgaging people to believe that the GURU and GOD are ONE, wouldn't they miss out on GOD HIMSELF then ? Surely, the Guru's came to teach us mere mortals ABOUT GOD and not about THEM ?

There are different kind of avatars.. some are nit avtars, avnit avatars, narsing avatar and GUROO AVATAR Which is consider as god in this earth himself.

This reflects exactly what we do in Your Forum ! We all join and have different avatars, hoping to either reflect, amuse, make a point, challenge our personalities. So if you have a memebership of say 20,000 and all of them choose an avatar for themselves, what are the chances of them choosing an exact, identical, replica avatar to someone else in the Forum ? 20,000:1

Similarly, I understand your point that maybe Divine avatars are categorised like that, but essentially, ALL ARE FLAWED, EXCEPT THE ONE GOD !

By following the instructions of a Guru, one mere human like me can emulate ourselves to their Given Light and in Time be classified as a whatever Avatar, but critically...........we are ALL still ONLY HUMAN AND PRONE TO ERROR! The degree of our fallability then dictates our position in the range of avatars created EVERYWHERE !

:)