Kachera ( loose underwear)

i dont think one person has given the uses of the karah and kacherrah that were originally given!!

the kacjherrah was given to us, along with all the other reasons, to serve as a reminder before we done any act that we might regret....

basically its what guru ji gave us so that if your ever about to commit aldultery or something, it reminds you what guru ji gave you, and for most ppl they will be reminded and ashamed...

the kara as well as all the reason previously given also serves the purpose to remind us before we do anything with our hands...

supposng some singh is tempted to steal something, when he reaches out with his hand convered with a big fat karah, he'll remember guru ji...

i dont think guru ji gaves us it just as a weapon...as that was the kirpan...but lol personal experience has told me its effective....

and joking about kacherrah used as a tent aint gd guys!!

shudnt laugh at the gifts guru ji gave us...

he wudnt b happy...and do u really think guru ji would jus give us shorts for no real reason!! doesnt make sense...evrything ha s areason!!

search 4 it!!

we shudnt laugh???

We are Guru Jees children, he sees us as children of course he would want us to laugh, thats y the patsay are put in the amrit, to make the singhs meetay.

And the tent thing i dont think guv was joking :? i have heard about this guy i think he probably did use it as a tent!

there is a gurdwara called timpu (tent) sahib... it has it's name for a specific reason...

there was a band of 50 sikhs camped out... when one of their look outs saw an army of a few thousand moghuls heading their way. the singhs were hugely outnumbered, so they used their wits & took off their kacchere & put them out so that from a distance they looked like tents. when the moghuls could see them they thought there must be at least 500 sikhs in front of them, got scared & turned away!! :LOL:

which kinda brings up another topic... they took off their kacchere so that they could live to fight another day! goes against the notion everyone promotes today that the kakars are an ang of your body...

so the whole tent thing wasnt a complete joke! :wink:

& jassa... u say...

"the kacjherrah was given to us, along with all the other reasons, to serve as a reminder before we done any act that we might regret....

basically its what guru ji gave us so that if your ever about to commit aldultery or something, it reminds you what guru ji gave you, and for most ppl they will be reminded and ashamed..."

what do u base that on? or are u just assuming u know the guru's motives?

u never know... kacchera might be to use as a tent!! :D (before everyone starts getting into a huff... that's a joke :wink: )

I'm unlocking this topic as I have received request that members can contribute to this topic.

Note: no joke, no funny comments and try to discuss it with full attention as non-sikhs will be reading it as well.

• 3 weeks later...

wjkk,wjkf

in responce to guv;

there was a band of 50 sikhs camped out... when one of their look outs saw an army of a few thousand moghuls heading their way. the singhs were hugely outnumbered, so they used their wits & took off their kacchere & put them out so that from a distance they looked like tents. when the moghuls could see them they thought there must be at least 500 sikhs in front of them, got scared & turned away!!

:?

i beg to differ; kachere wern't used as tents, the singhs hung up spare ones to look as if they were drying, as they did with their kichere after having ishnaan [wash] hence the opposition thought there were more soldiers at the camp then there actually were.

bhul chuk maaf

wjkk,wjkf

Im not tryna say i know any kind of the Guru's motives or i know anything about it etc....

but i think (my interpretation) and only assuming from my own LITTLE info on Khalsa Uniform is...

that Kacherey and the otha 4 K's...

stop anger/h8 - in that otherls luk better than othere

lust - a remider

ego/pride - pride in self

I think to see sum1 wearing 4 Ks too is a reminder of thevision of God!

• 13 years later...
On 27 April 2003 at 6:40 PM, Guest kaur1699 said:

Y do u need to be modest??:1f607:

On 27 April 2003 at 10:09 AM, Guest said:

also - its more comfortable while horse riding :wink: :wink:

On 10/05/2003 at 0:58 PM, guv said:

which kinda brings up another topic... they took off their kacchere so that they could live to fight another day! goes against the notion everyone promotes today that the kakars are an ang of your body...

This is not how i've been told this. The kacheras were wet and put out to dry in early morning. The enemy were going to launch an early morning surprise attack but seeing the drying kacheras made them refrain from attacking.