Sikh should marry only a Sikh... SGGS View Point...

I beleive Mr Singh response on this topic was a harsh one.. so what if they are monay... cmon man stop being soo stone-hearted... Siri guroo granth sahib maharaj teaching belongs to the whole man kind...

As guroo maharaj states:

khathree braahaman soodh vais oupadhaes chahu varanaa ko saajhaa ||

The four castes - the Kh'shaatriyas, Brahmins, Soodras and Vaishyas - are equal in respect to the teachings

source: http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=2856

Mr singh now gurbani is tellin us this. Please next time leave the words like "I beleif" because we as dummies dont have any mat....the whole ball game is to get rid of "I" or "my" = ego" and follow guroo maharaj words...which is stating the above.

First of all, Noor Ji. I appolize behalf of mr singh attitude towards money. As you know we are at different level of understanding things... i m sure he didnt mean in harsh way to hurt feeling or anything. Its just internet is good/bad at times. Good is because we have siri guroo maharaj is online in gurmukhi, and we can learn languages share ideas, learn from one and other... and bad is because people can get easily manipulative by others in this case leading to fanaticism.

Also i agree with noor on that another post she put that we need to focus more on our siri guroo granth sahib than rehat maryadas/rehat namas. Because most important thing which is love(biraag) towards vaheguroo... you can only get it from guroo maharaji's bani which is dhoor ki bani aie then there would no question of following rehat maryada or not then. Everything will be straight forward and we can easily follow rehat maryada... and off course that state of mind will come in time!!!!!!!!!!!

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hiii akaaaaaaaal

anand hiii anand :D

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I beleive Mr Singh response on this topic was a harsh one.. so what if they are monay... cmon man stop being soo stone-hearted... Siri guroo granth sahib maharaj teaching belongs to the whole man kind...

Bhaji..I'm sorry if I have offended you..but 'Mone' was just an example..I tihnk the same goes for daas..as I have yet NOT been blessed with Amrit :cry:

Mr singh now gurbani is tellin us this. Please next time leave the words like "I beleif" because we as dummies dont have any mat....the whole ball game is to get rid of "I" or "my" = ego" and follow guroo maharaj words...which is stating the above.

Daas ..nu khima bakshni :)

First of all, Noor Ji. I appolize behalf of mr singh attitude towards money. As you know we are at different level of understanding things... i m sure he didnt mean in harsh way to hurt feeling or anything. Its just internet is good/bad at times. Good is because we have siri guroo maharaj is online in gurmukhi, and we can learn languages share ideas, learn from one and other... and bad is because people can get easily manipulative by others in this case leading to fanaticism.

as previously meantion..it was NOT an intention to offend..if what previously said was offended..then please forgive me, as I'm very ignorant :).....And no.,..thers no attitude again 'MOney' as most of them are more SPIRITUAL then me...

Also i agree with noor on that another post she put that we need to focus more on our siri guroo granth sahib than rehat maryadas/rehat namas.

REhit bina nai Sikh kahavai..hence I do not 'qualify as a SIkh' :)

Because most important thing which is love(biraag) towards vaheguroo... you can only get it from guroo maharaji's bani which is dhoor ki bani aie then there would no question of following rehat maryada or not then. Everything will be straight forward and we can easily follow rehat maryada... and off course that state of mind will come in time!!!!!!!!!!!

Akaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal hiii akaaaaaaaal

anand hiii anand

Agreed to mots..bu t following rehit is REALLY important..and something I yet can NOt do :cry: '

btw. your comparison of following the rehiot or not..doesn't amke ANy sense at all ..as a caste is something you CAN NOT change...

whilst you CAN begin want to following the rehit ;)

have a read throught the article on the SA article pg ;)

http://sikhawareness.com/main/index.php?id=f55f513

Bhull chukk maaf

Veeron te Bhainji,

I think this is one issue which is always a key one and that affects us drastically in life..

What is written in Guru Granth Sahib Ji about marriage? Is it mentioned anywhere that a daughter of a Sikh has to be married to a Sikh itself??? Also why doesnt that rule apply to a boy in that case? Guruji dont believe in this discrimation. And if Guruji doesnt believe in any discrimation then why does the sociey make such a big issue of this.

Sikh Rehat Maryada says so... but this is written by SGPC, who are onyl interested in securing their power. So is it that they feel that if a daughter gets married to another caste, one individual of the Sikhs will get less...

I just recently read an article on Anand Karaj. I have started reading the Guru Granth Sahib and I have a fairly OK idea of then other religions too. Just for the background information, I am a part of a very cultured, Gursikh family, so I am pretty aware of the importance of Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

I had heard you once, becoz you had come to our town once.

I recently read an article on Anand Karaj and it is also mentioned in the Anand Karaj related books, Rehatnama that "A Sikh's daughter should be married to a Sikh."

Firstly,

According to my knowledge, this has been written by the SGPC people in the Rehatnama. My question is that, is it mentioned anywhere in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji? To my knowledge in all religions, in any of them, it is not mentioned that you cannot marry a person not belonging to the same religion. Your point of the child having to face two religions is very valid but my question I reinstate, IS IT MENTIONED ANYWHERE IN THE GURU GRANTH SAHIB JI, THAT A SIKH'S DAUGHTER SHOULD BE MARRIED TO A SIKH?

If there is any such thing in the Bani, please I need the shabad and the meaning, page number in the Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Secondly,

This has been written by the SGPC people, who wouldnt want the strength of Sikhs to go down. Why this doesnt apply to a boy? Is it because then the strength of Sikhs doesnt decrement, but increment if she converts to a Sikh. Dont you think that if the mother is a Sikh, then she can put more Sikhi principles in the child than the non-Sikh mother.

Thirdly,

Also certain rules are followed by the Sikh Panth as mentioned in the Rehatnama of which all of us, males and females dont rigidly follow, eg, applying Mehandi, wearing ear-rings. Nowadays, drinking and removing hair from parts of the body has become a social norm, but then why those people are not discriminated? Is it because, if many people break a rule, then the rule existence is not followed at all? Then why do the Granthis go to their house and talk to them?

Gurdwaras too dont follow all the rules mentioned in the Rehatnama, eg, the Kada-Prashad should be put for distribution in the plates in BEER AASAN, this too is not followed in the Gurdwaras, so why is that few rules if broken are not considered at all and few raise such a big issue. There are many such issues which the Gurdwaras too dont follow. The Huzoor Sahib, which is one of the Pank Takht do absolutely haywire with the rules mentioned in the Rehatnama, but that has solid recognition. Why this discrimination?

Please reply to each and every point of mine, but essentially the first question. Answer in the same point manner.

Whatever is my understanding of the Gurdwaras, Granthis and the people and their norms is restricted to my vicinity. This is not keeping in mind, any particular place or person.

I REPEAT....

URGENT, PLEASE REPLY IT NOW IMMEDIATELY..........

-MK-

Well... my question was inspired from above post, posted some six months ago in another forum and the person came out to check for the responses the other day... (S)he is still unable to take a firm decision...

Do u mean like become a nun?

In Sikhi one is supposed to lead a family/social life and still be devoted to God.

One cannot serve TWO MASTERS, keep a foot either side in the door, sit on the fence, ask for forgiveness for all your sins from GOD in the morning and then go and screw your neighbour's wife in the evening....and so on! When one tries to walk the tightrope between two points, YOU WILL FALL ONE DAY, regardless of your practice to stay the balance.

Jesus didn't marry, neither did the Bhudda nor all of our Guru's ! So, those who feel they need marriage should quite rightly step into it with whoever they like as their groom or bride, but there are some who have abandoned the Worldly Way and cannot marry. :(

Jesus didn't marry, neither did the Bhudda nor all of our Guru's ! So, those who feel they need marriage should quite rightly step into it with whoever they like as their groom or bride, but there are some who have abandoned the Worldly Way and cannot marry.

Quite wrong..Sikhi encourages graisti Jeevan, hence ALL the Gurus where married, except Guru har Krishan jee who merged with WAheguru at the age of 8 :)

Graisti jeevan is VITAL

Bhull chukk maaf :)

Sikhi encourages graisti Jeevan

Is this confirmed by the Guru Granth Sahib, meaning can you please quote any scripture which backs your suggestion ? Dont get me wrong or I hope I dont make you feel angry or anything, but even the Bible (as an example) confirms that the Original Sin is caused by the Woman tempting Man to eat the forbidden fruit, which leads them to into an existence of knowing the Knowledge of Good & Bad, but not TRUTH !

Secondly, does GOD HIMSELF have a WIFE ? If anyone can prove that HE has then, I bow down to their Divinity....! :)

So when you state Sikhi, what does that mean? Does that mean Sikhs in the majority want to procreate and multiply because they cant help it or does that mean it's just something which we all feel ?

The Granth Sahib (correct me if I'm wrong) encourages you to mentally abandon all Worldy attachment and take up the TRUTH WITHIN, to gain Everlasting Life. Why then are you suggesting or assuming because the Guru's (except One) were all married that we as Sikhs MUST ALSO MARRY ? To the contrary, as Sikhs were assimalated from Hindus, Muslims, Gujarati's, Bengali and other factions within India at the Time, that practice was continued by the converted Sikhs, even till today.

If WE ALL AS SIKHS were to trace our ancestry back to the inception of Sikhism, how many of us could stand up and say that we were confirmed SIKHS at the Time of the Guru's? Hardly, Id say..........!

So, in all honesty, Sikhi DOES NOT ENCOURAGE IT, but people being people, do it ! :)

Masti, what makes you feel that God is a Man or Male?

"Kirpa Kari Hum par JAG MATA, Granth kara pooran sub raataa"

[benti Chaupai , Guru Gobind Singh]

"Har Jee Pita, Har Jee Mata"

[Guru Amar Das, Anand Sahib]

"Maha Loh mai kinker Thaaro"

[Chaupai, Guru Gobind Singh]

Mr Singh,

Gristhi is encouraged agreed, however please note that it is not compulsory. This bent on 'having' to get married has brought with many evils in our community today...if desired I can elaborate with examples, but I'm sure these are self-evident...

Gur Fateh!

Masti, what makes you feel that God is a Man or Male?

Kirpa Kari Hum par JAG MATA, Granth kara pooran sub raataa"

[benti Chaupai , Guru Gobind Singh]

"Har Jee Pita, Har Jee Mata"

[Guru Amar Das, Anand Sahib]

"Maha Loh mai kinker Thaaro"

[Chaupai, Guru Gobind Singh]

Banji: The only reason for my answer was, cos' I am a Man and wrote the reply from a Man's point of view, to a Man. If I had been a Woman I would have written the opposite, 'why doesn't GOD the wife have a husband ?'

So, quite rightly as scripture shows, The Creator is 'Pita' and The Creator is 'Mata' ie, Father & Mother. When Man & Woman were created on Earth by The Creator, were they meant to procreate or not to procreate, that is the question ?

The scripture you have quoted does not show or prove Marriage ? :(

The scripture you have quoted does not show or prove Marriage ? :(

What is your point ?

Cant we use a little bit of common sense... "Anand Karaj Ceremony" where we recite "Lavan" is Bani incorporated in Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji... which proves that Marriage is approved & endorsed...

BCM

AS stated before its ENCOURAGED :)

All the Gurus were married :)

Is this confirmed by the Guru Granth Sahib, meaning can you please quote any scripture which backs your suggestion ?

please read the 'Lava':

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.g...lish=t&id=32937

begins at the bottom fo the page, where text is in RED

Dont get me wrong or I hope I dont make you feel angry or anything, but even the Bible (as an example) confirms that the Original Sin is caused by the Woman tempting Man to eat the forbidden fruit, which leads them to into an existence of knowing the Knowledge of Good & Bad, but not TRUTH !

Whats your point ? Women are dirty`?...Men should stay away from their wife?..or should they not marry at all?

Secondly, does GOD HIMSELF have a WIFE ? If anyone can prove that HE has then, I bow down to their Divinity....!

http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.g...lish=t&id=21284 :)

The Granth Sahib (correct me if I'm wrong) encourages you to mentally abandon all Worldy attachment and take up the TRUTH WITHIN, to gain Everlasting Life. Why then are you suggesting or assuming because the Guru's (except One) were all married that we as Sikhs MUST ALSO MARRY ?

what do you suggest? :)

To the contrary, as Sikhs were assimalated from Hindus, Muslims, Gujarati's, Bengali and other factions within India at the Time, that practice was continued by the converted Sikhs, even till today.

have you read the lava?

If WE ALL AS SIKHS were to trace our ancestry back to the inception of Sikhism, how many of us could stand up and say that we were confirmed SIKHS at the Time of the Guru's? Hardly, Id say..........!

So, in all honesty, Sikhi DOES NOT ENCOURAGE IT, but people being , do it !

Look, the Gurus did it..right I tihnk thats nuff dont u :Dpeople

Having said that, how would a typical sikh community respond to someone within the community who chooses to remain celibate?

I am not sure, but i think if the person does more than their fair share of work and participates within the sangat then it should be ok.

or would anyone here be opposed to such a person being a part of the sangat?

I think i dont have teh time to be married, i have so much left to learn and experience, i just dont think i have the time. But there are other issues that i havent really explored yet. Mostly of a family nature and parental expectations. I also dont see me being comfortable with anyone enough as required by marriage. Am i alone? Dont any other singhs out there have romantic notions of shaheedi on their minds. How do you reconcile that with leaving a family behind.

I feel i have enough friends and family around me to not ever feel like i miss something. I have enough love from ppl around me. Its not that i hate women or anything like that. Some of my best mates are girls. I just dont want to get married.

I dont know if any other singhs have experienced this, but its depressing when you find the perfect kaur who makes you a better singh and has a lot of knowledge and love for sikhi and then later on you find out that she

prefers a monah suiter. The kind of accompanying reflection is painful at best and sometimes you come out of it with a changed perspective.

My post might be offtopic, but i personally feel that i will be better off NOT LOOKING and concentrating on my sikhi and wider education. Plus sometimes, its good to feel that you are strong enough to resist the natural impulses one is born with. I feel as though i can have that best with my choice. Its a simplying world view. You basically force yourself to see all women in the same light. And after that, it becomes easier to deal with the human responses that arise.

I've read on this site people saying sex should only be for procreating, blah blah. I find this to be more stifling a choice than anything else. Why would you marry someone, and then stave off from any affection to your partner. That to me is fundamentally unworkable and untenable within the scope of marital union.

Do i get married because well, everyone else does it and i'll get my roti made and some kids out of it. Thats not satisfactory for me.

Iam probably not alone in perceiving the need of someone who always available and willing to take on the questions and offer advice to teh youth. I think i might be able to do that, maybe. I still have a long way to go in acquiring sufficient knowledge to play that sort of role.

Its not like iam advocating shutting myself out from society. To the contrary i believe this will allow me to participate more often and more passionately in my sangat.

... any responses welcome and appreciated .. :?:

Having said that, how would a typical sikh community respond to someone within the community who chooses to remain celibate?

I would say it should be purely a personal choice in the end because it is afterall only we, who have take the responsibilty. But personal choices hardly have weightage when it comes to the aspirations of family members... Family will always put pressure on you to marry...

But you did not elaborate what you want to practice chastity ? Do you think yourself to be incapable of handling the responsibility ?

I am not sure, but i think if the person does more than their fair share of work and participates within the sangat then it should be ok.

Agreed, but then this we can do even after marraige...

or would anyone here be opposed to such a person being a part of the sangat?

No, why would anybody oppose such a person...? I wonder...

I think i dont have teh time to be married, i have so much left to learn and experience, i just dont think i have the time. But there are other issues that i havent really explored yet. Mostly of a family nature and parental expectations.

What about the learning and experience that you would be missing out on by running away from marriage...? I am sure you have taken that into account.

I also dont see me being comfortable with anyone enough as required by marriage. Am i alone? Dont any other singhs out there have romantic notions of shaheedi on their minds. How do you reconcile that with leaving a family behind.

You seem to suffer from an inferioty complex about your personaliity... Why don'y you see yourself comfortable with anyone ? Don't you think you are mentally weak...

I feel i have enough friends and family around me to not ever feel like i miss something. I have enough love from ppl around me. Its not that i hate women or anything like that. Some of my best mates are girls. I just dont want to get married.

Agreed. Until your friends are not married, there seems to be no problem but once they are getting married and they are engaged in their own new world, only then you would be bugged by your loneliness. And not before long you would be the only person unmarried and then you would realise how your loneliness bites you. And by that time you would be beyond the age of getting a decent life partner... i am afraid... I have live examples of persons who ignored a marriage alliance till they were about 40-45 and now they feel utterly lonely in their homes in the evenings... and now they seek alliance... but find only divorcees with enough children or persons seeking alliance only to take care of their old bones... Oops !! it sounds like a scary story... :LOL::LOL::LOL: my purpose was just to present a different perspective on the issue... :D

I dont know if any other singhs have experienced this, but its depressing when you find the perfect kaur who makes you a better singh and has a lot of knowledge and love for sikhi and then later on you find out that she prefers a monah suiter. The kind of accompanying reflection is painful at best and sometimes you come out of it with a changed perspective.

Remember : We ususally perceive things like, what we want them to percieve... I never come across such Singhnis who talk about Sikhi in such a low vein... who so called Singhnis you are talking about ? Its a pure excuse for our own inferiority complexes for which we want to put blame on others. How naive we get sometimes to put the blame on others...

Your boasting of a company of such gals (some may be so called Singhnis), who percieve Sikhi in such a low-vein, is rather pitiable... I would rather be lonely then have company of such gals as my friends :!: or get married to a Singhni who has respect for my Sikhi appearance... :D

My post might be offtopic, but i personally feel that i will be better off NOT LOOKING and concentrating on my sikhi and wider education. Plus sometimes, its good to feel that you are strong enough to resist the natural impulses one is born with. I feel as though i can have that best with my choice. Its a simplying world view. You basically force yourself to see all women in the same light. And after that, it becomes easier to deal with the human responses that arise.

Your notions seem pretty simple but Why enforce yourself against some basic humans instincts... it would that much diffifcult to get out these feelings...

Quite interestingly, my younger brother is also putting up alone in US... He is there for four years now... He is now 25. He is also very enterprising and extrovert kind of person... and has made the whole city his friend with his open nature...

But sometimes back he started pressiong us for marriage... He said even after having so many friends still, he often feels lonely and has been constantly pressing us for his marriage...

I've read on this site people saying sex should only be for procreating, blah blah. I find this to be more stifling a choice than anything else. Why would you marry someone, and then stave off from any affection to your partner. That to me is fundamentally unworkable and untenable within the scope of marital union.

Well... Sex is NOT the only thing in marriage... it becomes secondary soon after... but still its the driving force before marriage and also latter on, but we indeed realise that it is just a... well... ...a driving force only. Who says you have to stave off from any affection to your partner...??? Sounds ridiculous notion. :roll:

Do i get married because well, everyone else does it and i'll get my roti made and some kids out of it. Thats not satisfactory for me.

Well, talking about procreating... its not that easy to have kids... :wink: it requires a gr8 deal of learning and courage to be able to have kids. Yeah!! everbody else does it, but that does not mean that they are wrong or doing it just for the sake of i, but there are people who are afraid of taking responsibilties...

I am probably not alone in perceiving the need of someone who always available and willing to take on the questions and offer advice to the youth. I think i might be able to do that, maybe. I still have a long way to go in acquiring sufficient knowledge to play that sort of role.

What are you talking about...? Without personally learning about the institution of marriage insideout, how you are going to take on the questions and offer advice to youth... I wonder... I bet you that there is no way of acquiring sufficient knowledge to play any sort of such role until you have lived the marriage institution insideout...

Its not like i am advocating shutting myself out from society. To the contrary i believe this will allow me to participate more often and more passionately in my sangat.

Well... How ?

...any responses welcome and appreciated...

Just my personal observation based on my present state of affairs after marriage... :twisted:

Just an afterthought...

If Rehat Maryada says that Sikhs cannot marry a non-Sikh then whow did the sikhs marry during the times when there not many gursikhs around to marry, initially ? I am talking about the times of evolution of Sikh Panth...

If it was Okay to marry a non-sikh during the inception of Sikh Panth then how come it suddenly became a taboo ?

Just an afterthought...

If Rehat Maryada says that Sikhs cannot marry a non-Sikh then whow did the sikhs marry during the times when there not many gursikhs around to marry, initially ? I am talking about the times of evolution of Sikh Panth...

If it was Okay to marry a non-sikh during the inception of Sikh Panth then how come it suddenly became a taboo ?

Cus its all political

Um..I know this may be a little late, but I didn't see this in anyones posts in response to what Masti wrote.

God is not a person, I think that needs to be cleared up...the concept of god's wife is absurd, because you are thinking of god as a person. Also I didn't think Sikhism encouraged asceticism as a way of salvation; it actually advocates living harmoniously in society and helping the less fortunate. I know Masti is banned just felt that anyone reading through this might want to see more sides to it..(correct me if I'm wrong)

Also I felt Masti was using looking at Sikhism from a western standpoint. Again, correct me if I'm wrong, but the guru's didn't have knowledge of Christianity did they? Cause Sikhism is an eastern religion, with views different from the western religions (I know Islam is an exception).

Same old answer... Political ? Whom we are really following SGGS or Politics... I wonder... ?

Well think bout it urself instead of listening to other people

I mean why is it that the Rehat Maryada is completely contradicting the first guru, the founder of all this, Guru Nanak ji's teachings?

If all 10 gurus were all "in touch" with God.. then how did the message change with time?

Politics.

Infernal Monk - I think Guru Nanak ji did know about Christianity and Jewism ( I could be wrong tho)

• 4 weeks later...

""Ideal singh wrote: If Rehat Maryada says that Sikhs cannot marry a non-Sikh then whow did the sikhs marry during the times when there not many gursikhs around to marry, initially ? I am talking about the times of evolution of Sikh Panth... ""

The ratio of males to females is constant unless unnatural and cruel means are used ...like female infanticide and sikhisim has been against infanticide and female infanticide.

Further a person may be a non-sikh, but before marraige may profess sikhi and follow th faith thereafter. This would definately have been the case during the time of the evolution of sikhism. ..otherwise the faith could not have been propogated.

On one hand Guru's have written against the concept of avtarvad and devtas' etc. , and yet the sikhs would compormise on the selection of their life partner !!! ???What kind of sikh kids can be expected if the mother is hereself not conversant in the sikhi faithor does not belive in the sikhi faith and worships stone idols ??

I find it quite weird that the sikhs today, want to question such aspects and also things like ....keeping hair was not mandatory during the times of Guru nanak Dev Ji..why should I keep it....Guru Nanak Dev Ji wore a seli topi...whats wrong withe the baseball cap....etc.

Yet no one seems to note that 'Langar' was not formalised by Guru Nanak Dev Ji............so dear all.....shall we just do away with it.

Guru Granth Sahib does not give any indications towards Langar ..

Guru Hargobind Sahib started the concept of Dhadhi Waaran......Shall we do away with it........cause Guru Nanak Dev Ji ...did not advocate. it.... ? There is no reference to it in Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

Guru Gobind Singh Ji praised Bhai Kanhayia Ji...and started the concept of sikh 'red cross'...so shall we do away with it cause Guru Nanak Dev Ji didnt do it.

I can find no direct refernce in Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

So whats the answer.

I think the answer lies in the following:

1. To expect that Guru Granth Sahib Ji provide us direct answers to each and everything concering our physical lives....is not correct.

Guru Mahraj will provide clear rules on the spirtual aspect and provide indicatives to us on how to lead the physical life.

When the Gurus started the various practices such as Langar and Dhadhi etc., they translated the spirtaul directions into the physical aspects.

Similar is the case with the Khalsa.

2. We should recognise all the Gurus as the same. If we do this we understand that it was Guru nanak Dev Ji ..who started the concept of Khalsa when he came as the first Guru and it was Guru Nanak dev Ji who formalised the Khalsa...in his 10th form.

Please note that there have hardly been any controversies, when Guru Nanak Dev Ji gave up the saili topi for the turban. ...for people believe that it is the same person...yet we all have the nerve to question when Guru Nanak Dev Ji in the form of Guru Gobind Singh Ji made the Khalsa as formal.

"Infernal Monk - I think Guru Nanak ji did know about Christianity and Jewism ( I could be wrong tho)"

Christian Missionaries arrived in the court of jahangir...during the times of Guru Arajan Dev Ji...so most probably the Gurus knew about chritianity and jewism.

There are references to 'Kateb' - which i think refers to Old or the New testament.

Also Bhai Nand Lal Ji mentions Christianity in one of his writings...but adds that it doe not impress him much.

Infernal Monk: You are correct, God does not have any wife, and sikhim does not belive in God having a wife.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that the answer to the question can a Sikh marry a Non-Sikh is yes. This is because, our religion as you all may be aware, is based on equality. If you cannot marry someone because they're a different religion, what's the "equality" in that? - Therefore, In my opinion, marrying a Non-Sikh is ok.

Guest Sardar Moderator Singh

Where Possible, please keep to references from SGGS (and other material to support if necessary), however as per the defining question -SGGS point of view...