Sikh should marry only a Sikh... SGGS View Point...

I fail to understand that how, if one cannot marry a non-sikh gives rise to the question of 'equality' ? Equality can certainly mean justice and being just and not being partial to anyone, but marrying another because we believe in equality?

I can belive all are equal and yet not subscribe to their beliefs. Does one have to marry another person to proove that he/she are equal in their mind?

The point of discussion is the spirtual aspect of the married life...and the spirtual incompataibilty on religious practices.

Going by your hypothesis, since all are equal, I could worship idols, get myself circumcised, praise prophets instead of God's , do Jehad, say that a particular prophet is the son of God, contradict myself...time and again.. but since evrything is equal and thereby--- we can assume ----- all practices are equal and equally good, one can easily make a religion of convenience after combining many.

Sikhism belives in equality due to its attitude of 'Manas Ki Jaat sabe Eke...'.but Guru Maharaj also crtitices the people who are false and have false beliefs. Sikhism believes that God has made all beings equal, but by their own actions, they themselves differentiate themselves from others.

If all were equal and always equal and will always remain equal in the spirtual sense, (despite our good actions or bad actions) what benefit does one drive from following sikhi and what was the purpose of Gurus preaching sikhi?

Do you think Manmukh is equal to Gurmukh ?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh

This is because you can only keep marital relations with someone who is Amritdhari also. In fact, you should not even eat their jhootha, let only sleep with them. This is the clearest Hukam that you can use to say a Sikh should only marry a Sikh.

Gurfateh

I dont know how for accurate these hukamnamas are .. but ihave had some bad experiences

1)Talking about eating jooth.. while I agree we should not eat jooth, but i ahve met such brahmanical sikh people who will not eat food if you touch there food or if you cook for them and these same people will go and eat on dhabas !!! THATS CRAP !!... Coz it really hurts someone if you say you r not gonna eat food cooked by other or if it is touched by other. I know ppl in my own family who will not eat food if some outsider serves them with a serving spoon.. and if you bring food as gift such as chocolates then they will throw it away and those are all KARAM-KANDAS.

Yes we shouldnt eat dirty jootha food.. tahts not good !!! in those days ppl use to eat jootha food of the rich thrown on the ground and it happens today also where a boss in his office will give his left-over frenchfries to the servants .. and thats what is wrong.. but eating jooth of your family or food cooked by your family is OKAY.

2)regarding marrying only an AMRITDHARI, ... people what about your parents.. with whom you live all the time ???? or do you want to say that it all comes down to martial (Sexual) relation ?? THESE ARE KARAM KANDAS

AND GURU JI TOLD US TO BE FREE OF KARAM-KANDAS... Dont look at what those historians with there scientific instruments are saying... Listen to your heart !!! and if u still cant find the answer then Guru Ji will tell you and teach you ... if you have faith ! and this I say from my experience.